Safeguard macros

So im trying to make a macro to safeguard my mocking/demoralizing banner instantly (for pvp) as soon as I put it down. Not sure if this can be done with 1 or 2 binds, im assuming 2.

Anyway I usually use:
    /cast [target=whatever] Safeguard
    and have had no problems before. Yet this doesnt work with the banners and not sure why.

Any help would be great, plus if theres any way that I dont have to make 2 different safeguard binds for the 2 different banners that would be awesome.

#showtooltip safeguard
    /cast [help] Safeguard; [target=targettarget, help] Safeguard;

This will cast on your target or target's target every time.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    #showtooltip safeguard
    /cast [help] Safeguard; [target=targettarget, help] Safeguard;

This will cast on your target or target's target every time.
    Well thats not really what im trying to do. Im targeting an enemy player, I throw my banner using whatever bind, then I safeguard that banner (with a macro) without untargeting the player. This works just fine on everything i've tried BUT the new banners.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Well thats not really what im trying to do. Im targeting an enemy player, I throw my banner using whatever bind, then I safeguard that banner (with a macro) without untargeting the player. This works just fine on everything i've tried BUT the new banners.
    [target=demoralizing banner]? You'd need to make a different one for all 3 I think. Not huge on macros myself.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    [target=demoralizing banner]? You'd need to make a different one for all 3 I think. Not huge on macros myself.
    Lol thats what im saying is that macro isnt working. Thats why im here asking about it.

Why not try simplifying it. /tar :name: /cast :spell: