Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You threw our tea in to the ocean.
    Never forget.

Turkey: RAKI

oh wait...its not technological...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    We have invented a s*itload of great things, only 10 countries in the world have more patents than Sweden do.

Some highlights:
    Pacemaker
    Ballbearings
    Dynamite
    Revolver (At the same time and independently of Samuel Colt)
    three-point seat belt
    Tetra-Pak
    GPS
    The flat screen monitor
    Ultrasound
    The safety match
    The zipper

Internet related:
    Piratebay
    Minecraft

And loads more
    Sources:
    http://www.thelocal.se/15578/20081110/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Swedish_inventions
    I understood Skype to have been created in Estonia.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You threw our tea in to the ocean.
    we were making a big pot for your visit, we just hadn't worked out the "heating the ocean" part yet
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    -Dish draining closet (lets be honest tho, hardly anyone uses that)
    I saw one of these while in Estonia and it kind of blew my mind. I would totally use one of those.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottis...nd_discoveries

MRI Scanners
    Penicillin
    Ultrasound Scanners

Now onto stuff which is less likely to save your life
    TV
    incandescent lightbulb
    pneumatic tyre
    ATM's
    telephone
    self-adhesive postage stamps
    radar
    principles of radio
    fridges

not bad for a small country & that's not even counting things which we've had a hand in inventing or that the majority of us would never use!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scotland:

Pneumatic tyre
    Tubular steel
    Steam hammer
    Cordite
    Telephone
    Teleprinter
    Logarithms
    Golf
    Hypodermic syringe
    Discovery of penicillin
    Ferguson rifle

Also a few odd creations by scots:
    Bank of England
    Bank of France
    US Navy

Also: Whisky. How could I forget the most important one?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I understood Skype to have been created in Estonia.
    Yeah it was, it was founded/"invented" by a dane and swede though.

Niklas Zennström (born 16 February 1966) is a Swedish entrepreneur best known for founding several high-profile online ventures with Janus Friis including Skype and Kazaa. More recently he founded the investment group Atomico and has become a significant figurehead for entrepreneurs in the tech sector.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Canada:

Telephone
    Insulin
    Light Bulb
    Artificial pacemaker
    Zippers!
    Walkie-talkie
    Gas masks
    G-Suits (used by pilots)
    SONAR (and ASDIC before it)
    Hockey
    Basketball
    Lacrosse (well, Natives invented it. Canadian codified it)
    Alkaline Batteries
    Wonderbra!
    Electric ovens
    Peanut Butter
    Most popular species of wheat
    Garbage bags
    Marine screw propellor

Many, many more...

I noticed that the Scots are including Alexander Graham Bell's inventions in their list. He was Scottish-born but he was a Canadian when he invented that stuff. He came to Canada at the age of 23.
    Last edited by ptwonline; 2012-09-27 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Romania
    - the jet propulsion engine for planes
    - the pen
    - the Papanicolaou test for cancer
    - the personal propelled device with reaction engine that can fly vertically and in all directions
    - the Coanda effect for airplanes
    - the Davila tincture used for the treatment of cholera
    - the parachuted cell, a dischargeable chair from an aircraft or other vehicle, designed for emergency escapes, an early version of the modern ejection seat
    - the avioplan, the first fixed-wing aircraft with a tubular fuselage
    - a romanian scientist was one of the founding fathers of rocketry and astronautics
    - established many of the major themes of cybernetics regarding cybernetics and systems thinking
    - insulin
    - the hyper-cd-rom, a 1 terabyte storage CD
    - the first car to have the wheels inside its aerodynamic line
    - the first arrow-shaped airplane

So without us planes would be crap, rockets would be crap and space exploration would be crap. Also insulin wouldn't exist and you'd still write with charcoal or chalk.
    Unless someone else would have invented them of course

10+ Year Old Account
    So far at least three different countries have claimed inventing the Jet engine.
    Also, how do we count immigration? Is Einstein counted as Austrian/German since he was born in Ulm, or as an American since he chose to become a citizen? Do both count his accomplishments?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    So far at least three different countries have claimed inventing the Jet engine.
    Also, how do we count immigration? Is Einstein counted as Austrian/German since he was born in Ulm, or as an American since he chose to become a citizen? Do both count his accomplishments?
    There are different types of jet engine technology so they could all be correct in a sense.

As for immigration, I'd count it as where the person was most prominently associated with at the time, sort of like a sports hall of fame. For his early work even though he was working in a Swiss patent office I think you'd credit his inventions to Germany. his later stuff I think you could attribute to America.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Canada:

Insulin
    No, I'm sorry, we were first. You just spread it world-wide since our scientist did not have enough money back then to also spread the idea of it world-wide. In fact, the paper of the canadian scientists quotes our scientist.

In February 1922, doctor Frederick Grant Banting and biochemist John James Rickard Macleod from the University of Toronto, Canada, published their paper on the successful use of a different, alcohol based pancreatic extract for normalizing blood sugar (glucose) levels (glycemia) in a human patient, a young boy.

While Paulescu had patented his technique in Romania, no clinical use resulted from his work, as his saline extract could not be used on humans. The work published by Banting, Best, Collip and McLeod represented the injection of purified insulin extract, after into a diabetic individual ameliorating symptoms of the disease. Not surprisingly, Banting and Macleod received the 1923 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for the discovery of insulin treatment.

Professor Ian Murray was particularly active in working to correct "the historical wrong" against Paulescu. Murray was a professor of physiology at the Anderson College of Medicine in Glasgow, Scotland, the head of the department of Metabolic Diseases at a leading Glasgow hospital, vice-president of the British Association of Diabetes, and a founding member of the International Diabetes Federation. In an article for a 1971 issue of the Journal of the History of Medicine and Allied Sciences, Murray wrote:

"Insufficient recognition has been given to Paulesco, the distinguished Roumanian scientist, who at the time when the Toronto team were commencing their research had already succeeded in extracting the antidiabetic hormone of the pancreas and proving its efficacy in reducing the hyperglycaemia in diabetic dogs."

"In a recent private communication Professor Tiselius, head of the Nobel Institute, has expressed his personal opinion that Paulesco was equally worthy of the award in 1923.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada:
    -java programing language
    -insulin to treat humans

10+ Year Old Account
    Belgium:
    * The Saxophone.
    Yeah, not such an impressive list. I guess we were too busy being oppressed by other countries to actually invent things.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I saw one of these while in Estonia and it kind of blew my mind. I would totally use one of those.
    I only knew this year that all countries are NOT using this and its Finnish invention. I've been wondering what do other countries use if not that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    There are different types of jet engine technology so they could all be correct in a sense.
    Correct. For example, Romania invented the precursor of the jet engine, though it is not entirely sure if the plane built with it ever flew.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Did Russia conquer Britain when nobody was looking?
    It was a German invention if i'm right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlich View Post
    Canada:
    -insulin to treat humans
    Funny that I see people posting this ... especially right after I gave the exact events, which show Canada did not invent insulin, it just spread the idea of it worldwide.