[Suggestion make a poll and let the people decide who mods]

[I see you switched around some of the people from General Warcraft to Off Topic mods. How about a cool interactive feature. Like in the mods personal performance in that area. Perhaps even a tiny window we could leave back on things that could be improved? Also when considering two people for a certain position maybe a public poll to ask people what they think]

Secondly What about a feedback generator polling people what do they think of a mods performance in that section for you only to look at. Just general feedback.]
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-09-27 at 01:45 AM.

Deleted
    1. The problem with moderation is that you can never please everyone. In the past, I have heard both from people wanting me to moderate more and moderate less - quite obviously, it is not possible to do both at the same time. It's like trying to look left while looking right. And the solution is not shadow clones.

2. Who would get access to this feedback? The mods themselves? The admins? How reliable would feedback be in the first case? Maybe people would be afraid of "repercussions" for speaking their mind? In the latter case, I do not believe that the admins would have the time to sift through that much feedback - especially as it seems like a system that would likely be abused in response to infractions we issue (which we already have the appeals system for).

3. How should we receive this feedback? A pop-up dialog whenever someone leaves feedback (similar to how PMs work)? That would lead to a lot of annoyance. Somewhere more unobtrusive? That would make it bothersome to always check our "feedback folder".

4. Is it worth both development time and effort? Realistically, there will hardly ever be a situation where the admins have to decide between two possible moderators for a section - if they are both considered to be "worthy", they will simply both be promoted. The only thing remaining is feedback, and I don't quite see the difference between having a "feedback tool" and simply sending a PM to the moderators in question (or the admins if you do not think talking to the "perpetrator" directly is a wise choice).

5. What's with the brackets?

As always, do not take this post as representing the official opinion of site, admins or staff. I am merely expressing my personal thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    1. The problem with moderation is that you can never please everyone. In the past, I have heard both from people wanting me to moderate more and moderate less - quite obviously, it is not possible to do both at the same time. It's like trying to look left while looking right. And the solution is not shadow clones.

2. Who would get access to this feedback? The mods themselves? The admins? How reliable would feedback be in the first case? Maybe people would be afraid of "repercussions" for speaking their mind? In the latter case, I do not believe that the admins would have the time to sift through that much feedback - especially as it seems like a system that would likely be abused in response to infractions we issue (which we already have the appeals system for).

3. How should we receive this feedback? A pop-up dialog whenever someone leaves feedback (similar to how PMs work)? That would lead to a lot of annoyance. Somewhere more unobtrusive? That would make it bothersome to always check our "feedback folder".

4. Is it worth both development time and effort? Realistically, there will hardly ever be a situation where the admins have to decide between two possible moderators for a section - if they are both considered to be "worthy", they will simply both be promoted. The only thing remaining is feedback, and I don't quite see the difference between having a "feedback tool" and simply sending a PM to the moderators in question (or the admins if you do not think talking to the "perpetrator" directly is a wise choice).

5. What's with the brackets?

As always, do not take this post as representing the official opinion of site, admins or staff. I am merely expressing my personal thoughts on the matter.
    It's just general outline. Does Apple have an Idea for the new I Phone right away. No way they discuss different ideas and then they get down to it.

2. I'd say the feedback would be soley generated to the admin's. None of the mod's would see it. It would be like a mini survey. Like when you call a company and sometimes they call you back asking you on a scale one to ten about the person's information etc. Just some program that might make the people. More happy and engaged and a way to produce feedback to the people who need it most.

3. Feedback should be on like on a sticky, where you can click the link and be taken to a page. Sorta how like when you apply to be a mod. It already checks how many posts you have where and it tells you exactly what position you can apply for. It's like a pop up interactive feature just tweak that and slip in a mod's name and general questions and mult ichoice on feedback. That way you know the peoples general feedback and response to certain mod.

4. Maybe not directly to pick mod's but a feedback on a mod's general productiveness. You could even turn this into an award the top rated mod be given a tiny badge and for various reasons or you could use the data solely to look on the background of a postion. When a mod comes on we can hardly give them any feedback expect when there's a situation

5. I like brackets.

Popularity gave us Big Brother
    Quality gave us Firefly/Serenity

I'd much prefer to be moderated by Firefly than Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Popularity gave us Big Brother
    Quality gave us Firefly/Serenity

I'd much prefer to be moderated by Firefly than Big Brother.
    Again even if it's not a valid id. Just a suggestion. It doesn't have be in there but on HuffPost for example. You are given little badges program based on certain things. Maybe MMO Champion can start up with different awards each year to mods or posters and mods or general people vote on who they want to win. It could encourage being interactive and engaged in discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a more simple approach for feedback and it already exists. Private messages.

If you think a moderator is doing something bad or shouldn't be moderating a certain section, PM Sunshine.
    If you think they're doing a good job, PM them and let them know. I'm sure they would appreciate it!