Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    You must be 85 in order to go to Pandaria, just like you had to be level 80 to start Cataclysm zones. The days of jumping early into the next expansion (vanilla to BC at 58 , BC to Wrath at 68) appear to be gone.

Also, thanks for the tip, Crooked.
    Pretty sure you can summon people in via a lock portal regardless of their level.

Quote Originally Posted by monsage View Post
    Some of the mobs don't give experience, others do. Kill a few packs of mobs and see whether it works or not. Even though they don't all give experience it's still very worth it because you're just killing so many of them.

As far as I can tell it works perfectly fine. I tested it for like 25 minutes and everything gave exp.
    Last edited by Tegue; 2012-10-02 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    are you supposed to kill those pillartumblers that drop from the sky? If so it seems to be fixed as i dont get any loor or exp from them. Shame beacuse i was able to kill them all day long with my lvl 82 monk.

edit. Nevermind didint read properly, you need to fly up where they drop and it works fine.
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2012-10-02 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Somewhat related, I used to level my alts in twilight highlands. (as horde) There are tanks northeast of obsidian forest. Tag the 3 guards, kill the tank, easy xp. They respawn really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by surfah View Post
    I'm really curious how did you manage to do that, I am lvl 82 guardian druid with 70% armor and 65k hp and get pounded by them cause of their 50% armor reduction..
    Second wind.

The amount of incoming damage has to be greater than roughly 5% of your health within a second to kill you. Even in MoP, as long as what you pull can't do more than SW can heal you're invincible. It's pretty much why I hit like a wet noodle on rares but literally can't die unless I'm an idiot (I hate Arms/Fury, so play only Prot), which made for some nice upgrades while leveling when I'd run across one.

I don't know if the poster you're referring to was Prot or not, but with Vengeance and Second Wind talent you literally become a beast of a killing machine when you have massive packs now. The more you pull (and can live through), the faster shit dies because of the ridiculous AP scaling.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-10-02 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks for the great tip! I took my Brewmaster alone from 82-84.5 in about 90 minutes. With the enlightenment buff and Battle Standard of Coordination down it was just crazy XP. It might have been difficult, but I had purchased those nice low level 400+ ilevel blues (axes, bracer, shoulder, ring) and I just destroyed them. I died once in a while when I got careless, but it's not too difficult with the number of health orbs that spawn from spinning crane kick.
    Barleyclaw - Axis - Dark Iron US

This is great, but I have to be very careful with the pulls or I die (I'm solo). Anyone horde side want to RealID group and spin these a bit?

There is actually quite a lot of gear you can pick up at 82 before heading in there. The greens start at ilvl 377 (1 ilvl shy of firelands), but I've also seen blues as high as ilvl 425 (9 ilvls above heroic deathwing drops), and with as many people are powering through Jade Forest right now I'm sure there's plenty of greens/blues for cheap on the AH.

I would definitely try that!

I don't want to polute that subject but it's related to grinding fast.

I am trying to reach the level 80ish as fast as I can

If you guys know a good site that give tips to level quickly could you send it to me by PM ?
    or if you have any advices you can send them too.

Since level 15, I just run instances after instances (now using the buff for 2h while taking the 2 stack right before the 1st one expire).
    The wait between 2 instances is less than 2 minutes as a DPS and yesterday it took me 3h to go from 40 to 47.

In the big picture it's not slow, but I am sure it could be faster. Any tips?

Thanks!

Started there right as I dinged 82 with a full compliment of AH blues/greens (and one MOP blue). It's ok, can kill around 6-7 at one time but you have to stay on top of guard, and your brews. Take all your healing talents and you should be fine. You can die though, but it's not that big of a deal.
    Got about half a level in 30 minutes w/ no 50% buff.

yeah, tried it out as BM as I dinged 83. the stagger stacks build up fast (was getting to 1k in a couple of secs with a pack beating on me) and I died a few times before got the hang of it (and bought some ilvl 300+ items from AH). each troll gave me about 5.5k xp (with the 3 xp heirlooms). Not sure how much faster it is since each quest in deepholm gives about 47k xp (and by now, it's easy to burn through since its the the 5th go around for me =/ ). Especially if you die (which is easy to do) and the fly back does waste time since the gy is like a 15sec flight.

Agreed, I'm going to use an "exp rate watcher" addon tonight and spend some time questing and some time killing these guys. I'm going to guess it's a wash at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Agreed, I'm going to use an "exp rate watcher" addon tonight and spend some time questing and some time killing these guys. I'm going to guess it's a wash at best.
    There is such addon? how does it work ? I am wondering for a while what's the most efficiant (bashing, instances, quest...)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tagging this for future use, great tip btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice, I'll try this as soon as my monk is high enough for cata
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    Sounds like an exploit to me.
    Killing mobs that spawn over and over... as blizzard intended them to? How about you read up on what an exploit is before you make yourself sound completely arrogant.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The mobs did not give any experience on my monk on frostmane EU. Not sure if it's server specific or not.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    The mobs did not give any experience on my monk on frostmane EU. Not sure if it's server specific or not.
    it's not the trolls at the bottom (where they fall). fly above onto the plateau (where they fall FROM).

Quote Originally Posted by Belzung View Post
    There is such addon? how does it work ? I am wondering for a while what's the most efficiant (bashing, instances, quest...)
    Titan Panel has this.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzung View Post
    I use this one http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nceBroker.html

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check this out