Thread: Stampede Usage

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Stampede Usage

Hey guys! Im level 90, playing as SV, and been running multiple heroics, but one thing im having trouble with, is stampede. I never really know when the best time to use it is, and im concerned i dont have the correct pets in my stable. Any advice on best times to use it / which pets would be ideal for stable? I generally run dungeons with a sporebat, cat or wolf depending on group comp (which are all in my stable) but stumped on the other 2.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can't answer those questions, as I'm still figuring it out myself, but one thing I did learn was that you need to make sure all of your pets have Growl turned OFF, otherwise you'll be taunting off the tank and making their life miserable.

pop stampede right after you get a proc or use something to increase your damage, the pets will benefit from the stat increases.

Also I recommend using glyph of stampede, it will make sure all 5 pets are the same spec and can use rabid.

Deleted
    As Illana said, use the glyph to make all 5 the same as your on use pet. Saves the hassle.

Is anyone else having trouble using certain pet abilities with stampede when your main pet has them on cooldown. For example I use spirit mend on my spirit beast then while that is still on cooldown I stampede and am unable to cast spirit mend with the extra pets. I have not tested yet but I think this would be an issue with rabid too.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Leave it on autocast I presume is the way around it if you are using the glyph, same probably goes for Rabid.

Quote Originally Posted by Odras View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble using certain pet abilities with stampede when your main pet has them on cooldown. For example I use spirit mend on my spirit beast then while that is still on cooldown I stampede and am unable to cast spirit mend with the extra pets. I have not tested yet but I think this would be an issue with rabid too.

Does anyone know how to get around this?
    if you use the glyph, the pets will be copies which means they will inherit the cooldowns from the main pet so if you already used spirit mend and then stampede then your extra pets will have spirit mend on cooldown also.

With a 5 min CD, it's hard to say when/where to use it when it comes to trash mobs. Very situational. A specific example would be aoe trash mobs, which of course you would go with a stable of worms or chimera for the "OMG so many numbers on my screen" feeling.
    Stampede should always be used on boss fight following a DPS boosting CD or buffs that proc since they do inherit those buffs if active when you use stampede like Illana stated. I just dinged 87 last night(shush, I have to work and didn't powerlevel this expac) and didn't get a chance to check it out. My only experience with stampede was on beta. For something like spirit mend, I don't see that sticking around to be used by all spirits beasts you have, even if macro'd. It's entirely too OP for PVP.

OT: For the lols, have the largest, most annoying pet in all your stable slots. Preferably a set of rhinos. Or bats. Pop your dire beast, then stampede and BW. ROFL while the tank and any melee run arounnd trying to see the mob they are attacking and fail. Why limit the fun to just April 1st?
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

Do pets who Stampede use their special abilities? Because if so, it might be useful for a hunter to use stampede to apply the Sunder Armor debuff in a group that doesn't have it, for example, while still using the pet they like or a different buff from their current pet.

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard2202 View Post
    Do pets who Stampede use their special abilities? Because if so, it might be useful for a hunter to use stampede to apply the Sunder Armor debuff in a group that doesn't have it, for example, while still using the pet they like or a different buff from their current pet.
    They do. I get 5 stacks of Spirit Mend when I use stampede and then spirit mend.

idk, but while leveling I used it every 5 minutes, no matter what. Only a critter around? Don't care, STAMPEDE!!! Some poor level 86 alliance in the wrong zone? Stampede, dire beast, beast wrath, readiness, dire beast, beast wrath...... Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

well its a 5 minute cooldown... so not that useful

Pets called from the stable during stampede will use any skill they had set to auto cast when dismissed into the stable. If it was not set to auto cast, it won't be used without a macro.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

Deleted
    anyone feel stampede is a bit weak for a 5 minute cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    anyone feel stampede is a bit weak for a 5 minute cooldown.
    with spirit mend its borderline op

which is why i want it removed: class balanced around one spec and one skill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    with spirit mend its borderline op

which is why i want it removed: class balanced around one spec and one skill
    Wouldn't really consider it op, in pve spirit mend is pretty useless most of the time, in pvp it's strong, but compared to hybrid healing in pvp i don't see if being an issue.
    What i hate is that compared to another 5 minutes cd like lock's infernal/dreadguard pets they contribute ton's more dps.

i pop it on the pull and never have to worry about it again... this is assuming they update their damage dynamically when I get a proc of some sort on the pull but as of right now i have 0 procs. so meh I pull with it on boss fights
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Deleted
    Stampade doesn't benefit from BW or RF right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Stampade doesn't benefit from BW or RF right?
    most definitely is affected by BW since your damage is increased by 10%

what i want to know more than anything is if the stats update dynamically like crows or is it a snapshot

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that they can use their normal abilities and stuff I'd guess it's dynamic like with your normal pet. Don't quote me on that though.