Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    At least you don't main a DK. All 3 our 90 talents are 100% useless. The first one seemed like it might be useful as blood, but I have tanked ever heroic now without using it once.

Useless for pve maybe, but godly in pvp. Desecrated Ground in particular is amazing and will impact game outcomes very frequently. Ours are pretty awful across the board and worse than that, barely noticeable.

The only class I'm not jealous of for lvl 90 are mages just because theirs is more of a negative talent everywhere outside of IW for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only remembered my level 90 talents the day AFTER I'd turned 90, and I was topping damage everywhere I went without it. I was kinda meh about it all. The talents have situational uses, and WE at least have the advantage of having our coolest, class defining talents at 75 all ready, meaning our class was much cooler for us up till now AND is a nicer playstyle for people leveling Warlocks. All in all, if you look at the total package we have, we're doing allright, even if everything we have gotten past 85 is lackluster and situational. (except Pandemic )

AV- lose the active portion and buff the passive to 15%...fixed

KJC- Specs MAIN "filler" spell "MG,Shadow bolt, Incinerate" can be cast on the move...fixed

MF- Include shadowfury,howl of terror,etc...fixed

That is all

I think Blizzard needs to come out and make a statement saying that, unlike the previous system the end of the talent tree isn't always a major, game changing amazing talent ability.

While many classes may have it, you shouldn't compare to them, in the old way that we used to. Now if certain talents are falling behind other classes majorly, then there is a concern, but I've yet to see any reliable parses that show Warlocks suffering majorly because of the end-of-tier talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I think Blizzard needs to come out and make a statement saying that, unlike the previous system the end of the talent tree isn't always a major, game changing amazing talent ability.

While many classes may have it, you shouldn't compare to them, in the old way that we used to. Now if certain talents are falling behind other classes majorly, then there is a concern, but I've yet to see any reliable parses that show Warlocks suffering majorly because of the end-of-tier talents.
    Ice Flows - (Mage tier 1 talent): Allows you to move while casting and channel the next 2 mage spells with a casting time of under 4 secs. Lasts 8 sec and is OFF the gcd.

This is a tier 1 talent that almost no mage chooses.

Hint: It's better than Kil'jaedens cunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

They already did say that. Then again, they also said they'd feel like the last row talent in the old trees was a failure if no one used them. With so many people seemingly just sitting on the passive effect of AV, I can see the argument from that side too.

For me, it is a little disappointing feeling like I've not really gained anything new in the levelling from 85-90 since Gateway is such a tiny niche with a huge setup, and Pandemic and the final tier so passive and again, niche. On the other hand, we had become bloated with abilities, so more active stuff probably wasn't a good answer. I felt much the same when I'd levelled my DK to 85, on which I have still yet to use Necrotic Strike and Dark Simulacrum. I'm not sure if I'd prefer to get to 90 only to have to get used to a whole new rotation with a brand new ability - or indeed level up lamenting the fact I didn't have it yet, hoping it would be the answer to all my prayers for the class only to get there to find out that it wasn't. Maybe it'd be worse if it was?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-09-28 at 03:29 PM.

the thing is, after the warlock revamp blizzard thinks they can neglect the lvl 90 talents and gateway because warlocks already got their "shiny" new mechanics etc, so for them , warlocks are "fine" atm, they can focus on other more important issues.

so I doubt warlocks are going to be fixed anytime soon , maybe not until late in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    My guild vent on launch day - "ooh! I can use Alter Time now!", "fuck yeah! Avatar time!", etc etc etc. Me 2 hours after hitting 90 on launch day - "oh, I guess I should put my gateway on my bars and get around to picking a level 90 talent."
    Seriously, 2 hours? Or you just exaggerating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Me 2 hours after hitting 90 on launch day
    @ Wholol- Blizzard is not neglecting warlocks....stop being so over dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post

KJC- Specs MAIN "filler" spell "MG,Shadow bolt, Incinerate" can be cast on the move...fixed

That is all

100% Agree. Post this to blizzard. When I write up my feedback for 85-90 for warlocks, I will be including this suggestion.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    I don't think he is. I hit 90 last night and didn't even think about my level 90 talents. I kept questing, queue'd for coren direbrew. This morning I was more interested in finishing off 600 engineering and STILL haven't selected a level 90 talent. I didn't even think about them once in all that time till I saw this thread.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

ya our 90 moves are practically useless in pve. only minor dps increase is AV. but what others said is right, we can decide not to choose any talent and see close to no difference.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post

That is all
    hey i'm all for this... but 1 and 2 would be wildly over powered. lol

OT: our 90 is BS. they need to enhance somehow, i agree with others.

At least you don't main a DK. All 3 our 90 talents are 100% useless. The first one seemed like it might be useful as blood, but I have tanked ever heroic now without using it once.
    Our DKs are loving this tier for tanking. Remorseless Winter is amazing if healers are having trouble or you pull too much trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    I don't think he is. I hit 90 last night and didn't even think about my level 90 talents. I kept questing, queue'd for coren direbrew. This morning I was more interested in finishing off 600 engineering and STILL haven't selected a level 90 talent. I didn't even think about them once in all that time till I saw this thread.
    He isn't. I've got AV atm just because. I don't notice it.

It's not just that our lvl 90 tier should be meaningful, which I would argue that it should, but honestly as a stand alone tier, I can't think of any other tier in the game (for any class) with 3 flat out irrelevant/highly-situational abilities. There is always at least 1 pve or pvp viable talent in each tier that makes a noticeable impact on gameplay. The Warlock lvl 90 tier is pretty much meaningless outside of a few very niche situations.

If you want to offer a niche talent, fine. But don't offer multiple ones on the same tier. It's just very poorly designed and more importantly, it's plain unfun. We really need a revamp here.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    He isn't. I've got AV atm just because. I don't notice it.
    This is so true. I'm expecting to get AV when I hit 90 because the other 2 talents are just too messy.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 09:42 AM ----------

I always wanted this:
    Kil'Jaeden's Cunning:
    Active effect: Your next Demonic Circle:Summon or Demonic Gateway is instant and can be placed within 30 yards, while your Demonic Circle: Teleport increases your movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    Passive Effect: Increases the amount of Initial charges your Demonic Gateway can hold by 3 and reduces the spell's cast time by 2 seconds, in addition to allowing you to cast Demonic Circle: Summon while moving. Passive effect disabled while ability on cooldown.

The current KjC is too much of a rip-off of Shamans. Casting while moving isn't even special now, only 1 or 2 classes don't have it, and will probably be asking for it in no time.

Deleted
    Look at rogues' 90 talent, and see how useless they are. At least yours are a bit original.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    @ Wholol- Blizzard is not neglecting warlocks....stop being so over dramatic.
    hmm? what's being over dramatic got to do with it ? I'm talking because blizzard always takes their time in fixing whatever it is that needs to be fixed , history has shown that and you can't deny it.

It makes me sound really retarded but I actually forgot about the level 90 talents, it was only the day after hitting 90 that I noticed the talents tab flashing when I remembered. tbh I haven't noticed much difference with them, it was only when I wanted to cancel spells (I usually cancel by tapping a movement key) that I would get gimped by KJC, and for moving i'm pretty sure spamming FF is better than 50% increased cast time and derp snare

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Look at rogues' 90 talent, and see how useless they are. At least yours are a bit original.
    Yeah I bet Anticipation sucks badly right?

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 03:18 PM ----------

Being able to fit in a stun followed by a finishing move during a smoke bomb seems so underpowered... Good thing I have Mannoroth's Fury!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Original, but they're not very good. Rogues got a target switching (woo, finally!) mechanic, a can't stand by the boss while he casts sorta thing, and a talent that's perfect for slightly laggy people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...