Why close these threads - they haven't even violated the T&C of forum rules.

Returning to play gw2.
    I didn't realise how good gw2 was until I played MoP these last couple days and realised without friends in wow (all have quit) the game is not fun at all.

With GW2 you still have loads of fun even if you don't know anyone and the world is really impressive in terms of look and it feels so alive, I am currently lvl 42 and was just wondering what is the content like at endgame? Also has there been any mention from arenanet what there plans are for the game going forward?

I know it's not your intention, but this is sadly going to turn into a game vs. game thread very quickly. Going to close this before anything starts going downhill.

Nope. Positive and negative discussion is allowed here. What isn't allowed is for people to go into threads and post about how they should be closed over and over again. Please stop that. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by edgecrusherO0; Today at 02:57 PM.

You can see how dishonest the moderators of this forum is. Why don't you call it what it is and stop saying you're closing threads for reasons they are not.
    You've clearly contradicted yourselves here and it isn't just one thread it is MANY threads that have been closed because of negative comments being made about GW2. This is only one of many other threads that have been closed when there is no justifiable reason for it.
    If you're going to be like this you may as well not have an open forum for discussion. It is annoying. The negative comments don't effect my enjoyment of the game OR make me want to QUIT it - its not allowing these threads to continue that makes me want to quit, the negative ones are constructive criticism nonetheless and allows people that have not played the game to make an informed decision or hopefully that the game can be improved upon in future patches etc.
    If that was the case why don't you simply remove the posts that you find offensive/flames/trolls OR 'whatever-the-f@#$-else-that-you-think-isn't-stroking the-developers-of-the-games-ego' and keep the rest of the thread open. If they haven't violated the terms and conditions of forum rules why CLOSE the thread?! YOU don't get to predict that 'its going to all go downhill from here on' when no responses have been made to it yet, its like arresting someone for a crime they have *yet* to commit.

But of course you're going to close this thread now aren't you? LOL

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 05:09 PM ----------

Nope. Positive and negative discussion is allowed here. What isn't allowed is for people to go into threads and post about how they should be closed over and over again. Please stop that. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by edgecrusherO0; Today at 02:57 PM.
    Also Learn2pickup on sarcasm. I don't agree that they should be closed. I think they shouldn't be.
    For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
    For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
    For want of a horse the rider was lost.
    For want of a rider the message was lost.
    For want of a message the battle was lost.
    For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.

no offense, but some of these mods have been here for years and years.....you have 41 posts, nobody will take you seriously, as you dont even have remotely enough posts to "know the forum rules better than the mods".

also, the guys at arenanet dont watch these forums closely, so the mods aren't trying to "stroke their ego's". just an FYI, Anet has their own forums to watch over.

have you honestly even read the forum rules?

Discussing moderator based actions
    Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

and a general rule of thumb (game vs game threads aren't allowed btw)

Game Bashing
    It may seem strange, but many people like more than one game. If you want to compare to other games, you need to be constructive. Just bashing other games, including coming into this forum just to bash GW2, because you think it looks dumb, or not as cool as your game will gain you infractions.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-09-27 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiSeFooL View Post
    You can see how dishonest the moderators of this forum is. Why don't you call it what it is and stop saying you're closing threads for reasons they are not.
    You've clearly contradicted yourselves here and it isn't just one thread it is MANY threads that have been closed because of negative comments being made about GW2. This is only one of many other threads that have been closed when there is no justifiable reason for it.
    If you're going to be like this you may as well not have an open forum for discussion. It is annoying. The negative comments don't effect my enjoyment of the game OR make me want to QUIT it - its not allowing these threads to continue that makes me want to quit, the negative ones are constructive criticism nonetheless and allows people that have not played the game to make an informed decision or hopefully that the game can be improved upon in future patches etc.
    If that was the case why don't you simply remove the posts that you find offensive/flames/trolls OR 'whatever-the-f@#$-else-that-you-think-isn't-stroking the-developers-of-the-games-ego' and keep the rest of the thread open. If they haven't violated the terms and conditions of forum rules why CLOSE the thread?! YOU don't get to predict that 'its going to all go downhill from here on' when no responses have been made to it yet, its like arresting someone for a crime they have *yet* to commit.

But of course you're going to close this thread now aren't you? LOL
    Yes, they are going to close the thread. These boards have the best moderators, especially this particular board, that can be found across the internet. I'm not saying they never make mistakes, since they are human and have to judge topics or posts that might be in a gray area, but your reaction is out of proportion. Game versus Game threads are not allowed. Your topic clearly breaks that rule.

Also, most threads that get closed, end up getting closed, because a select few individuals likes to flamebait others and end up destroying any coherent debate. Closing them is reasonable, although I still think all parties, including myself if must be, should be infracted for destroying a threads purpose. In other words, I think they're being a bit too lenient.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-27 at 07:19 AM.

Nothing's being dishonest. We're perfectly clear in allowing negative threads. We're perfectly clear in allowing positive threads.

This is you, post-infracted-shit-post, trying to stir up drama. If you have a problem with the way things are done, talk to Sunshine, send her a PM.

Moderator Actions aren't open for public discussion.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~