Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Theres a lot wrong with this post.

Mostly all of it.

(god being condescending is easy)

If the changes to farming werent due to botters thats fine, but its still a pathetic system.
    There's

Apparently not so easy?

Mod Edit: Okay, cut it out. No bickering, grammar Nazi ridicule or useless smart-assery. Seriously. Be excellent to each other.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Last edited by Stompalomp; 2012-09-29 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    When there's a quick efficient way to farm for money, why would others do themselves grief to get the same result. It may seem wrong but it is logical.
    Yeah that statement just brings one thing to mind that you actually have to "AFK farm" which I'm sure she doesn't mean you can set up some macro and walk away but more that it just becomes mindless? It defeats the purpose of "playing" the game? Sounds like it's a chore more then actual player involvement don't get me wrong I'm not hating on the game I don't actually play anymore It just wasn't my type of game. I don't want to derail the thread any further as the topic is about ANets dealing with bots but that comment caught my eye I tend to value Fencers objective posts in all games not just GW2.

Edit: Posted this before seeing Fencer's reply. I have a little better understanding now and it is kind of what I thought.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-09-29 at 07:09 PM.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

I'm pretty sure botters are clued into the AFK event farming. Can name several areas from QD to GF/HH and FoR & Orr that have fairly legit looking botters. Complete with the teleport/speedhacks.

I reported a couple last night in Straits [Lone Post DE] and Wayfarer Hills [bear shrine DE].

Theres a lot wrong with this post.

Mostly all of it.

(god being condescending is easy)

If the changes to farming werent due to botters thats fine, but its still a pathetic system.
    please enlighten me about these amazing dungeon botters
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    please enlighten me about these amazing dungeon botters
    Stop tryna get your post count up by posting crap, my last posts didnt even have the word dungeon in it...

Stop tryna get your post count up by posting crap, my last posts didnt even have the word dungeon in it...
    Weren't you the one who claimed that all the changes that added restrictions to farming was caused by botters?

You're aware the only restrictions on farming they've added have been specifically to dungeons, right?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Weren't you the one who claimed that all the changes that added restrictions to farming was caused by botters?

You're aware the only restrictions on farming they've added have been specifically to dungeons, right?
    Not true, they added restrictions to how much loot you can get, you cant just sit and farm grubs or something because after like an hour or less you only get greys and whites.

Not true, they added restrictions to how much loot you can get, you cant just sit and farm grubs or something because after like an hour or less you only get greys and whites.
    Okay. And you were complaining about that? Stop grasping at straws, because it's pretty obvious that's not how the game is meant to be played.

Also, when was that added exactly? Because I'm pretty sure it's been that way from the start.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Botting and gold sellers is a huge problem in GW2 and similar games. Best of luck combatting it. For every 1 they manage to get another 2 or 3 are probably get by...

Okay. And you were complaining about that? Stop grasping at straws, because it's pretty obvious that's not how the game is meant to be played.

Also, when was that added exactly? Because I'm pretty sure it's been that way from the start.
    How should I know when it was added? I dont have a comprehensive list of patch notes it just became obviously apparent at lvl 80 when you actually want to do some farming. Maybe it was added at the start even if it was thats terrible game design, you dont tell players how to play an MMO otherwise it might aswell just be a linear quest fest.

Dont act like im alone on this, the forums are flooded with people pissed off about how you cant just farm and 99% of the time those magic find buffs lose their worth before their duration. So dont sit there and tell me im "grasping at straws" when its clearly a major problem in the game. Take a look at the legendary or even just lvl 400 crafting mats if you dont believe me. Farming IS needed yet its prohibited.

How should I know when it was added? I dont have a comprehensive list of patch notes it just became obviously apparent at lvl 80 when you actually want to do some farming. Maybe it was added at the start even if it was thats terrible game design, you dont tell players how to play an MMO otherwise it might aswell just be a linear quest fest.

Dont act like im alone on this, the forums are flooded with people pissed off about how you cant just farm and 99% of the time those magic find buffs lose their worth before their duration. So dont sit there and tell me im "grasping at straws" when its clearly a major problem in the game. Take a look at the legendary or even just lvl 400 crafting mats if you dont believe me. Farming IS needed yet its prohibited.
    Actually, sitting in one area farming the same mobs over and over is pretty linear, when they want players to run around more.

It's not a major problem when you're not sitting one specific area. It's also not true that the forums are flooded with people pissed off about this, because your posts are the first I've ever heard of it, and I look through both MMOC and the official forums pretty frequently.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ungeon-Updates
    Which got removed from the sticky so it was annoying to find.
    11 days ago.

So how is the game meant to be played then?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ungeon-Updates
    Which got removed from the sticky so it was annoying to find.
    11 days ago.

So how is the game meant to be played then?
    That post was talking about the change that impacted dungeon farming, not afk-farming countless grubs for hours on end. Changes which, I should add, I fully agree with. They were changes meant to force people to not leave groups halfway through a dungeon, and to not sit there and farm one dungeon all day for hours on end, when there's eight dungeons out there, each with three different Expo paths.

I'm sorry that this game doesn't allow you to mindlessly walk in circles for hours on end farming respawning grubs. That must be so terrible.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-29 at 08:02 PM.

Actually, sitting in one area farming the same mobs over and over is pretty linear, when they want players to run around more.

It's not a major problem when you're not sitting one specific area. It's also not true that the forums are flooded with people pissed off about this, because your posts are the first I've ever heard of it, and I look through both MMOC and the official forums pretty frequently.
    I understand that and its great they want to get people out and about, but I should be allowed to farm for small amounts of time without being penalized. I dont do it very often only when im bored or really need cash.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ishing-Returns
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...your-game-Anet (a good few posts about DR)
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...he-bots-for-me
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Future-Content
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...DR-and-Botting

CBF posting more I spent a few minutes scrolling the first few pages to find tons of threads like this some alot better than others.

It is an issue and im surprized you havent noticed it if you scroll the GW2 forums aswell.

That post was talking about the change that impacted dungeon farming, not afk-farming countless grubs for hours on end. Changes which, I should add, I fully agree with. They were changes meant to force people to not leave groups halfway through a dungeon, and to not sit there and farm one dungeon all day for hours on end, when there's eight dungeons out there, each with three different Expo paths.

I'm sorry that this game doesn't allow you to mindlessly walk in circles for hours on end farming respawning grubs. That must be so terrible.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...s-from-events/
    If they didn't remove the patch notes from the main site it'd be nice.

the forums are flooding with people who want long term goals (legendaries) after 4 weeks of playing

thats like going to the wow forums and saying "WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET 100k HONOR KILLS??? WHY DO YOU STOP ME FROM FARMING WITH THESE STUPID MAPS LIKE SOTA AND IOC???"
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...s-from-events/
    If they didn't remove the patch notes from the main site it'd be nice.
    That's also not what we're talking about, and is also a good change. That's diminishing rewards from afk-farming the same event for hours on end (and apparently the change wasn't strong enough, Fencers still does it, among hundreds more). It's supposed to encourage you to run around and actively participate in numerous different events instead of farming the same one over and over, mindlessly spamming 1 for hours on end while the karma rolls in like clockwork.

Tommo was talking about farming mobs.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-29 at 08:29 PM.

That's also not what we're talking about, and is also a good change. That's diminishing rewards from afk-farming the same event for hours on end (and apparently the change wasn't strong enough, Fencers still does it, among hundreds more). It's supposed to encourage you to run around and actively participate in numerous different events instead of farming the same one over and over, mindlessly spamming 1 for hours on end while the karma rolls in like clockwork.

Tommo was talking about farming mobs.
    Well you can always ignore Tommo's link.

I understand that and its great they want to get people out and about, but I should be allowed to farm for small amounts of time without being penalized. I dont do it very often only when im bored or really need cash.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ishing-Returns
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...your-game-Anet (a good few posts about DR)
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...he-bots-for-me
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Future-Content
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...DR-and-Botting

CBF posting more I spent a few minutes scrolling the first few pages to find tons of threads like this some alot better than others.

It is an issue and im surprized you havent noticed it if you scroll the GW2 forums aswell.
    All those posts suggest that if they play for 20 minutes, they get penalized.

Pretty sure it's not that severe. "Sky is falling" type complaints really are pointless.

Wasn't the gem system so ingenious because it was going to let players buy gold with real money through that system and there would be no gold sellers at all? Seems like I remember a few people claiming that.