Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yes, minor mix up. It's basically the same artifact in two states.
    Maybe so, but it's his creation =P

Everytime I hear a response to old race models being updated, I get more frustrated. I really don't like their excuses for not prioritizing them. Like, how many races should they do and should they roll them out at the same time? Really, those are the decisions holding you back? First we get a reply that they are definitely in the works and should be released within MOP lifespan, now we get a statement that they won't be out soon and that they are deciding if or how they should be released at all?

I love MOP and think they did a great job and I'm not being unappreciative here, but can we get a definitive answer?

Something tells me due to the overwhelming demand for them; they are going to implement that as a selling point for the next expansion.

"It's still on the list. It's not something that we are looking at doing really soon. It's something that our art director has been doing some R&D on and we have been talking a lot about. The challenges... How many player models do you upgrade? Do you upgrade them all at the same time? Do you do them over time? There's also the issue of, do we up the system requirements? Do we make it part of a patch? Do we make it part of an expansion? There are lots of unknowns still out there, but it is something that we would really like to do."

This seems like BS to me. I think they're farther along than that makes it sound, and I'm willing to wager we'll see at least Orcs and Humans upgraded models before the next expansion. But knowing Blizz, there is a possibility they'll hold off on releasing them and make them a "feature" for the next expansion.

It is important. The old characters look horrible compared to the new characters & environments. Also, LOL @ system requirements as a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    "It's still on the list. It's not something that we are looking at doing really soon. It's something that our art director has been doing some R&D on and we have been talking a lot about. The challenges... How many player models do you upgrade? Do you upgrade them all at the same time? Do you do them over time? There's also the issue of, do we up the system requirements? Do we make it part of a patch? Do we make it part of an expansion? There are lots of unknowns still out there, but it is something that we would really like to do."

This seems like BS to me. I think they're farther along than that makes it sound, and I'm willing to wager we'll see at least Orcs and Humans upgraded models before the next expansion. But knowing Blizz, there is a possibility they'll hold off on releasing them and make them a "feature" for the next expansion.

It is important. The old characters look horrible compared to the new characters & environments. Also, LOL @ system requirements as a reason.
    It's a perfectly straight-forward answer. And yes, system requirements do factor in. This is not some bleeding-edge graphics game; if it was there would be no way I could play WoW on my computer.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

The graphics requirements are such a joke at this point. The game is over 6 years old. People have definitely purchased new computers since then. It isn't an accessibility issue. I'm sure wow would run just fine on lowest settings on a cheap/reasonably priced computer. The developments in computer technology are insane compared to what was around when the game was released. There is no way someone is still using their original comp from back then.

Am I the only one that thinks Metzen looks better? I always thought he looked like a complete d-bag before, especially with those dumb glasses. A little maturity suits him, imo.

Let me translate this for you: "It's still on the list. It's not something that we are looking at doing really soon. It's something that our art director has been doing some R&D on and we have been talking a lot about. The challenges... How many player models do you upgrade? Do you upgrade them all at the same time? Do you do them over time? There's also the issue of, do we up the system requirements? Do we make it part of a patch? Do we make it part of an expansion? There are lots of unknowns still out there, but it is something that we would really like to do."

What that means is that they can do it but they want to release it as content down the road, either in the next expansion as a reason to get us to pay for it or in lieu of more raids or dungeons or something. Much like relaxing transmog rules, one of them slipped up and admitted that they'd like that to happen when it "wouldn't get lost in all the other features" (paraphrasing).

To be fair, he's got a point. Everybody loves to QQ over Cata when the truth is they REVAMPED TWO CONTINENTS COMPLETELY (Minus blood elf and space goat starting zones) which I'm sure took a TON of labor on their part, and it didn't seem like people appreciated it much. (I always appreciated it.)

On the other hand, I think we'd appreciate new models (and relax the lame transmog rules already Blizzard! Jeez) while we play all this new content more because we're leveling now. Once I hit 90 on all my toons (If I do) it'll still be nice during raids but not much more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, not only do we have to see more crap about this FS person's whining, we got Athene to throw pixy dust on the situation.

I almost vomited. I'd rather sit on a toilet seat made of needles than watch that video.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Ugh, not only do we have to see more crap about this FS person's whining, we got Athene to throw pixy dust on the situation.

I almost vomited. I'd rather sit on a toilet seat made of needles than watch that video.
    I am by no means what so ever an Athene fan but if you actually watch the video, you can hear it in Athene's voice, that he can't believe he got rolled back for that. When it comes to exploits, Athene is probibly the best at finding them, and even he didn't think it was an exploit. It's an ingame mechanic being used for what it was meant for, increasing your dps. FS uses it and gets this crap? fail.....Sorry but i'm actually siding with FS on this one, even though world first isn't actually that since EU gets a 9hr headstart.. but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    I am by no means what so ever an Athene fan but if you actually watch the video, you can hear it in Athene's voice, that he can't believe he got rolled back for that. When it comes to exploits, Athene is probibly the best at finding them, and even he didn't think it was an exploit. It's an ingame mechanic being used for what it was meant for, increasing your dps. FS uses it and gets this crap? fail.....Sorry but i'm actually siding with FS on this one, even though world first isn't actually that since EU gets a 9hr headstart.. but still.
    Athene didn't think it was an exploit, but that's ok, because it's not for him to say. Cheating and exploiting are two completely different things. Cheating is moral based. Exploiting is not. What FS did was exploiting. Whether or not it was cheating is up to Blizzard, and they decided it was. They could've rolled FS back all the way to 85 and worse. They could've decided it wasn't cheating, not did anything, and simply fixed the exploit.

"Privilege escalation is the act of exploiting a bug, design flaw or configuration oversight in an operating system or software application to gain elevated access to resources that are normally protected from an application or user.

In this case, it was experience. FS exploited a design flaw to gain high levels of experience to level faster to gain an achievement.

Again, regardless of the exploit. Blizzard felt it was cheating, and they handled the situation.

FS' punishment was justified for the cause. It wasn't extreme by any measure. If anything it was "lenient". I'm sure FS would've rather taken a temp ban and kept lvl 90 instead of getting a rollback, but Blizz decided that wouldn't of been a good enough example.

Like I said, Athene is only sprinkling pixy dust on the situation that FS (or fans) is apparently blowing out of proportion.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    How about very recently in the olympic games when the koreans and other team tried to cheat there way to better opponents in badminton!!
    Id say that was a good comparison to wow.
    So you want to compare that to leveling in WoW...... lol

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 09:34 PM ----------

Athene didn't think it was an exploit, but that's ok, because it's not for him to say. Cheating and exploiting are two completely different things. Cheating is moral based. Exploiting is not. What FS did was exploiting. Whether or not it was cheating is up to Blizzard, and they decided it was. They could've rolled FS back all the way to 85 and worse. They could've decided it wasn't cheating, not did anything, and simply fixed the exploit.

"Privilege escalation is the act of exploiting a bug, design flaw or configuration oversight in an operating system or software application to gain elevated access to resources that are normally protected from an application or user.

In this case, it was experience. FS exploited a design flaw to gain high levels of experience to level faster to gain an achievement.

Again, regardless of the exploit. Blizzard felt it was cheating, and they handled the situation.

FS' punishment was justified for the cause. It wasn't extreme by any measure. If anything it was "lenient". I'm sure FS would've rather taken a temp ban and kept lvl 90 instead of getting a rollback, but Blizz decided that wouldn't of been a good enough example.

Like I said, Athene is only sprinkling pixy dust on the situation that FS (or fans) is apparently blowing out of proportion.
    Didn't know using a buff and grinding is exploiting now, hope this never catches on in Korean MMOs

I think we never gonna see the "updated character models", but yay, now we do have something really needed in WoW, the pet battle system...

¬¬

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    I think we never gonna see the "updated character models"
    Not in this expansion, of course. That was already known from an interview (or blue post?) from earlier this year. In the same response, though, I believe it was stated that the dwarf race was mostly done.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account

Considering they have let mob tagging allow people to make world first in the past, they shouldn't have reset him. And FS never talked in the video. It was only Athene and a guildie of FS. I guess you were too clueless to notice.

i am sure their next announcement will be just as exciting as D3 going to ps3/ps4...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Good job mmo-c, good job giving credit to this fucking retard 'fs'.
    I bet you feel real stupid now that Blizzard has reinstated his Realm First