Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,817

    What's your Pet Battle Team?

    I chose the following:

    Voodoo Figurine (Undead/Dragonkin/Elemental)
    Wind Rider Cub (Beast/Flying/Critter)
    Ethereal Soul-Trader (Humanoid/Magic)

    I tried to be all well-rounded as I could with only having 3 available. The only teams I have a hard time beating are two AoE healers and a DPS or if the opposing team is way way higher than me.

    What's your team?

    Click Alexander and Cassima for the RuPaul's Drag Race [TV] Fan Thread!

  2. #2
    Im currently lvling 5 of them, not sure what my final team will be.

    Darkmoon Tonk - Well, err, wherever i use this Bersercar, it demolishes stuff.
    Magical Crawdad - Very nice sustain with healing mists and wish.
    Shimmering Wyrmling - Weakens the enemies and can reflect shizzle back at them.
    Li'l Deathwing - Elementium Bolts and Tail Swipes, do i need to say more? :P
    Frosty - Nice pet all round, but havent decided on which 3rd slot skill to use.

    Will be fixing up some more utility based pets later but as far as leveling goes, good damage and sustain wins.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Thereabouts
    Posts
    946
    Wow, you both have some nice pets >.< I don't have anything special, so I'm just using Panther Cub, Phoenix Hatchling and Dark Whelpling. Been pretty easy so far though, in terms of battles with NPCs and the like, haven't tried going against any RL player.

  4. #4
    Right now I have

    Baby Blizzard Bear
    Onyxian Whelpling
    Fishy

    I pretty much just picked the first two because I thought they were cool, and Fishy because I had just gotten him from a Pandaria quest and wanted to show him some love. It is not doing too awful so far, but then again they are all only level 8.

  5. #5
    Legendary! Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,994
    It was....

    Lil'XT
    Creepy Crate
    Enchanted Lantern

    But the Lantern and Crate were NOT holding up at all. They died every fight. They barely did damage. They were flimsy. And the pets that they were super effective against hardly ever show up. And leveling the crate, an undead, is HARD stuff since 90% wild pets are critters which beat undead. So I just caught some high level pets in the wild and I now am working with...

    Lil'XT (Such a boss. My team leader in my eyes. Drop a Boombot, then heal, 500 damage and back to full health. Problem is the heal has a huge cooldown so he's a bit of a one trick pony. His passive works well with the heal as well. Die...rezz...heal to full.)
    Lava Crab (He's an elemental. Not the best thing I've ever used, but he holds his own for now. Will be replaced.)
    Scorpion (Forget what kind, but its so good! Poison the enemy, use shell shield and then attack as the enemy slowly dies while the poison ticks away and you have your shield up!)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    But the Lantern and Crate were NOT holding up at all. They died every fight. They barely did damage. They were flimsy. And the pets that they were super effective against hardly ever show up. And leveling the crate, an undead, is HARD stuff since 90% wild pets are critters which beat undead. So I just caught some high level pets in the wild and I now am working with...
    Not sure about the lantern, but the crate atleast is uncommon quality, so it'll have a bit of a harder time in pet battles as opposed to rares. And well, obviously meeting critters all the time makes it a lot more difficult :P

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    It was....

    Lil'XT
    Creepy Crate
    Enchanted Lantern

    But the Lantern and Crate were NOT holding up at all. They died every fight. They barely did damage. They were flimsy. And the pets that they were super effective against hardly ever show up. And leveling the crate, an undead, is HARD stuff since 90% wild pets are critters which beat undead. So I just caught some high level pets in the wild and I now am working with...

    Lil'XT (Such a boss. My team leader in my eyes. Drop a Boombot, then heal, 500 damage and back to full health. Problem is the heal has a huge cooldown so he's a bit of a one trick pony. His passive works well with the heal as well. Die...rezz...heal to full.)
    Lava Crab (He's an elemental. Not the best thing I've ever used, but he holds his own for now. Will be replaced.)
    Scorpion (Forget what kind, but its so good! Poison the enemy, use shell shield and then attack as the enemy slowly dies while the poison ticks away and you have your shield up!)
    I was angsting about this with my Voodoo Figurine. Really what I figured out was if my Voodoo Figurine does damage at all or takes damage, and I switch it out for the bench for the rest of the fight it still gets exp for the entire encounter (even if they never face the other pets in the battle). Also, never giving up. A good Undead hybrid could prove invaluable against a surprising number of guys.

    Click Alexander and Cassima for the RuPaul's Drag Race [TV] Fan Thread!

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,865
    Playing on my bear team (Panda Cub, Darkshore Cub and Infested Bear Cub), it seems like every single team I meet has a Clockwork Gnome, who comes out first, puts down 2 or 3 turrets, and then switches out. One turret deals well over 50% of a "normal" attack of that level, so there you have the Gnome doing crazy damage from the sidelines, while the main pet is doing full damage itself. Then of course there's the fact that the Gnome has very high health and is very fast, plus it's mechanical so it resurrects, AND it can heal itself.

    I'm not sure about how the Gnome handles itself at level 25 but right now I'm feeling like the turret ability might get nerfed just a bit. Something like 1 turn cooldown on the turret might be reasonable. I mean, dropping 3 turrets, then switching, and you'll have a turn where you're dealing 3 x turret damage AND your main pet. Seems a tad too powerful to me.

    And yes, I'm full aware mechanical is strong against beasts, but I've fought the Gnomes on my elementals too, and they still seem real tough. Oh well.
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Blademaster Kapira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    I love you.

    Personally, my current team is Emerald Whelp, Wind Rider Cub, and Little Black Ram. Got super lucky and found a rare Ram on my third catch

  11. #11
    My giant sewer rat is all I need.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm not sure about how the Gnome handles itself at level 25 but right now I'm feeling like the turret ability might get nerfed just a bit. Something like 1 turn cooldown on the turret might be reasonable.
    ...and there we go. Saw this one coming.


    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Build Turret: Cooldown increased by 1 round
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  13. #13
    Using Snarly, Hopling and Ghostly Skull right now. Out of 10 pvp pet battles yesterday I won 9 of them, although quite a few by the skin of my teeth (never would imagine Surge 'always goes first' would be so great). Undead racial is very powerful, able to deal ~250% of basic attack damage after 'dying', with even more powerful version unlocking at 20. Hopling is mainly just there for Dragonkins, can cancel 1 out of 4 attacks with stun and deal ~125% as basic attack with Tongue Lash, but both require to have higher speed than target, otherwise it's a dead meat.

    My main pet who is resting now Onyxian Whelpling (the one from anniversary, swamp version seems weaker stat wise). Very high power with very low speed = Tail Sweep dealing massive damage and Healing Flame that can counter wind up attacks by enemies.

    Currently I'm looking good counter to flying pets, seen so many Pterrodax Hatchling lately (can see why, high power/speed, good moveset), but can't find decent pet with Magic attack so far. Perhaps Enchanted Lantern with it's Blind and 200% third attack.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,073
    Mini Tyrael - Level 5
    Lil' Ragnaros - Level 2
    Magic Lamp - Level 2

    I don't really enjoy pet battles if you couldn't tell.


  15. #15
    Clockwork Gnome (22)
    Ony Whelp (21)
    Baby Blizzard Bear (20)

    Gnome will probably now be changed, due to the turret nerf, and am already leveling Lil Deathwing to replace Ony Whelp.

    Baby Blizzard Bear needs replacing, have been meaning to do it for the last 2 days, I just can't decide what to level instead

  16. #16
    Mini Thor, Mini Tyrael & Fetish Shaman

    Emm think that shows I buy to many CE's.

  17. #17
    Nether Ray Fry (burns those stupid Pandaren Monks to ashes!), Crimson Lasher (seed them, AoE heal, switch pet when the enemy is stunned), Darkmoon Zeppelin (resurrect to deliver the final blow). I beat almost everyone in PvP, even higher levels
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  18. #18
    Legendary! Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,994
    This silly mini game is distracting me from hitting. 90 XD I probably woulda been 88 today if I hadn't wasted several hours searching for rare oozes, doing the quest chains and battling other players for pet exp. I wish you got player exp from wasting our time doing this. It'd make you feel like you were progressing your character instead of wasting your time. They did it with profession nodes and PvP after all because those felt like a waste of time while leveling because they didn't reward you with EXP.

  19. #19
    Changed my setup a little lately:
    Flayer - Reflection
    Shimmering Wyrmling - Reflection
    Darkmoon Tonk - clean up the rest.

    People just keep playing right into my reflections all the time, its hilarious.

  20. #20
    Dreadlord zshikara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    993
    I'm using Landro's Lil XT, Hyacynth Macaw, and Murkimus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •