Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Everyone happy with patch 1.4?

Played PVP last night for about an hour on my Marauder - PVP seems faster, more flowing which is nice - Not sure if thats a good or bad thing though! - The DMG seems more balanced which is good, seen some much needed nerfing to some clases who just did insane ranged DPS!!! - Seem to die a lot faster also lol - All in all seems to be fair ish though!

Still annoying that there is no way of converting my PVP comendations to Rated, without having to click about 40 times. Bit annoying! - Also the charges applied to taking out mods is a fucking joke! - We get bored people, so its nice to change outfits and not have to pay out 100k just to change chest and head. I mean why the charges? Credits are not even real money in the real world so whats the point charging? Its not like bioware can convert in game credits to real life money - its just utterly pointless charging to remove your own frigging mods from ur own frigging gear!!!

I have not played the new PVE content yet! - But I have seen the new HERO lightsabers - which boast a tiny little extra dmg, but the MODS, what a waste of time! - the war hero mods are better!!! - You get what 2 extra strenght i mean whats the fucking point bioware ffs!!! -

Farming 7k worth of RATED comendations for 2 NEW sabers which have the same f**king stats as the war hero!! - Give us some gear to make us go WOW I WANT THAT BABY!!!!!

YAWN - more PVP farming for pathetic reward! - bored now.

Another 4 month wait for nothing! - whoop frigging whoop

Deleted
    I felt - with unchanged settings - graphic quality generally went up and fps went down and there was more to it than just shadow quality, the only change announced. Yeah I know after every patch in every game somebody cries wolf. Still anybody confirm?

I think the resolve pretty much fucked up huttball for random PvP. People are longer immun which means it is even harder now to stop people from just walking through which did so regulary before. Huttball should not be a one-man show but about passing, walking into open spots etc. . I think they should add a timecounter on the ball carrier after which the ball just disappears. They should also disable any kind of leap/ force run for the ball carrier.

Apart of this... the pvp didn't change a lot, I still like what you can do but the amount of people don't understand anything at all is continue to increase, at least for my experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I think the resolve pretty much fucked up huttball for random PvP. People are longer immun which means it is even harder now to stop people from just walking through which did so regulary before. Huttball should not be a one-man show but about passing, walking into open spots etc. . I think they should add a timecounter on the ball carrier after which the ball just disappears. They should also disable any kind of leap/ force run for the ball carrier.

Apart of this... the pvp didn't change a lot, I still like what you can do but the amount of people don't understand anything at all is continue to increase, at least for my experience.
    Yeah with the free to play option the game will be flooded with clueless players, but hey more peeps to own too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    Yeah with the free to play option the game will be flooded with clueless players, but hey more peeps to own too!
    Not when you are only 1-4 people playing together and having to deal with your own team more than with the opposite team. Some scenes I wouldn't have thought possible repeat themselves.. more often on republic side (on my server) but... really? How many games have been lost because people stand in your own score zone and getting jumped at by the ballcarrier which happens to be a marauder/ juggernaut/ powertech or their republic counterparts...? I used to experience much less facepalm moments some months back.

Played PVP last night for about an hour on my Marauder - PVP seems faster, more flowing which is nice - Not sure if thats a good or bad thing though! - The DMG seems more balanced which is good, seen some much needed nerfing to some clases who just did insane ranged DPS!!! - Seem to die a lot faster also lol - All in all seems to be fair ish though!

Still annoying that there is no way of converting my PVP comendations to Rated, without having to click about 40 times. Bit annoying! - Also the charges applied to taking out mods is a fucking joke! - We get bored people, so its nice to change outfits and not have to pay out 100k just to change chest and head. I mean why the charges? Credits are not even real money in the real world so whats the point charging? Its not like bioware can convert in game credits to real life money - its just utterly pointless charging to remove your own frigging mods from ur own frigging gear!!!

I have not played the new PVE content yet! - But I have seen the new HERO lightsabers - which boast a tiny little extra dmg, but the MODS, what a waste of time! - the war hero mods are better!!! - You get what 2 extra strenght i mean whats the fucking point bioware ffs!!! -

Farming 7k worth of RATED comendations for 2 NEW sabers which have the same f**king stats as the war hero!! - Give us some gear to make us go WOW I WANT THAT BABY!!!!!

4 months wait for nothing?

So the ONLY thing you do pvp for is to get better loot?

Sucks to be you,man.

Deleted

hmm, yes i can definitely see what you mean

They should also disable any kind of leap/ force run for the ball carrier.
    We going to disable all pulls, yanks and knock backs while we're at it? Cause I'll be damned if I can't leap to a target while carrying, but some random BH can yank my ass into a fire trap or an agent can knock me back AND root me in an acid pool. You can gtfo with that BS.

Slippery slopes are slippery...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    We going to disable all pulls, yanks and knock backs while we're at it? Cause I'll be damned if I can't leap to a target while carrying, but some random BH can yank my ass into a fire trap or an agent can knock me back AND root me in an acid pool. You can gtfo with that BS.

Slippery slopes are slippery...
    You clearly didn't get my point and one has nothing to do with the other. Marauder/ Juggernauts have their own advantages to stop the ball carrier. Leap/ Sprint have a clear advantage over others while carrying the ball while everyone has the same disadvantage if someone tries to keep you from scoring. I'm playing all classes and juggernauts have the most easy way to score before any other class. Jump onto the 3rd lvl ledge, knock back the guy you were leaping to and leap again = 10m? away from the finish line in a mere 3-4 seconds while avoiding 2 firetraps without anyone elses to help or you just jump down into the "pit"... wait for someone else to appear on the edge, leap, knock back, leap + score and you don't want to call this slightly ahead of anyone else?
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2012-09-27 at 01:47 PM.

The real question here is was there any true nerfing to Marauders? Funny. A marauder saying that other classes got much needed nerfs.

If you only do half or less of the given content.

You can also bet that you will be half or less entertained.

Not sure you can't understand that.

TfB is an AMAZING Operation. I am very happy with it. Not happy with some of the graphical issues, but I am sure they will get them sorted out soon enough.

I don't pvp anymore, but what about just tweaking the resolve mechanics for a ball carrier? (Though yeah, it'd probably be easier to simply make the ball have a timer that drops after a time period and a debuff so you can't get the ball yourself for say, 20 seconds after dropping.)

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I don't pvp anymore, but what about just tweaking the resolve mechanics for a ball carrier? (Though yeah, it'd probably be easier to simply make the ball have a timer that drops after a time period and a debuff so you can't get the ball yourself for say, 20 seconds after dropping.)
    Easy fix. Disable resolve while carrying the ball.

People should be less immune with the resolve changes. Maybe you don't understand what they did. Resolve from coincident stuns don't add full resolve.

It used to suck when two people would stun the ball carrier at same time and his resolve bar would fill up so that people couldn't pull or push him away from the end zone.

Huttball should not be a one-man show but about passing, walking into open spots etc. . I think they should add a timecounter on the ball carrier after which the ball just disappears.
    This has been in the game since day 1: if you carry the ball for 2 minutes without passing, you blow up and the ball resets (or maybe it goes to closest player, can't remember).

I have seen the new HERO lightsabers - which boast a tiny little extra dmg, but the MODS, what a waste of time! - the war hero mods are better!!! - You get what 2 extra strenght i mean whats the fucking point bioware ffs!!!
    They're still better than WH (more force power), and if they were a significant margin better, it would hurt fresh 50s a lot more. And besides, the next tier of gear will *probably* have good mods in the weapon again. Regardless, it'll still be an upgrade in aggregate.

You clearly didn't get my point
    All I heard was "Wah, this class has some apparent advantage in one area of gameplay over me"

Might as well toss on teh ability to shield or self heal while they're at it as well as any other speed augmentations... or hell the defensive tanking cooldowns TOO damnit, why can a tank better defend themselves against incoming damage compared to my class

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems OK to me. I would have liked more actual content, and there are a few lingering bugs.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Some minor issues/bugs, but so far it's good. The only bummer is that the new content gear is simply a copy/paste of Campaign/BH gear with another color. I was expecting more...

Deleted
    I found tanking in all WZs and ball carrying in Huttball a bit more of a chore last night due to being CC'd more often.
    Unrelated but just thinking about it reminded me of one match where over a 10 second period there was one AoE knockback after another, I felt like a pinball being bounced around.

I like some of the new mood emotes, some of them look too similar but some of them are very funny.