Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Draco, we ended up doing that. I was specifically talking about our DPS, but for tiles we're pretty great. Didn't take that into account.

It's still depressing being 60k behind Fire Mages and Combat Rogues no matter how hard I push though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most I've managed on a single-target fight thus far is 42k as Survival. I only have an iLv of 444 at the moment though due to literally nothing dropping in the 20 hours I've been chain-running dungeons. Could I be doing something wrong, or is it just my gear?

I'd say gear. For crying out loud, you've already got 600 LW, atleast spend the 2 gold on 2 eternium threads to enchant your bracers and legs :<. You're losing out on 800 agil that's practically free right now .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'd say gear. For crying out loud, you've already got 600 LW, atleast spend the 2 gold on 2 eternium threads to enchant your bracers and legs :<. You're losing out on 800 agil that's practically free right now .
    I actually never bothered to even look at those.. Thanks for pointing that out. I figured they would've required a spirit or something a bit more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I actually never bothered to even look at those.. Thanks for pointing that out. I figured they would've required a spirit or something a bit more expensive.
    Enchants are also super cheap and you can pick up a green quality gem for practically nothing for those legs. Getting a 463 trinket with either static agi or agi proc instead of that WoU should also help a lot, along with a 463 bow (i know one drops in siege of niozau temple). Try queueing for the dungeons with the best drops specifically each day before doing random heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Yes Draco, we ended up doing that. I was specifically talking about our DPS, but for tiles we're pretty great. Didn't take that into account.

It's still depressing being 60k behind Fire Mages and Combat Rogues no matter how hard I push though.
    Wut. Can't tell if you are at 60k and Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are way higher, the Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are at 60k and you are way lower, or you are 60k behind, which is basically auto attacking on some fights. I'm doubting the last one but I've seen sadder things.

And from what I've seen, most Mages are going Frost, since they don't have a super high crit % like in DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Enchants are also super cheap and you can pick up a green quality gem for practically nothing for those legs. Getting a 463 trinket with either static agi or agi proc instead of that WoU should also help a lot, along with a 463 bow (i know one drops in siege of niozau temple). Try queueing for the dungeons with the best drops specifically each day before doing random heroics.
    I've only been 90 for about 2 days now, so the few times a trinket has actually dropped, they haven't been in my favor. Ranged weapons have been non-existent, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post

If you are 60k behind, you are really bad, Hunters are equal to mages/locks in single target fights(assuning same iLvL and skill)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Wut. Can't tell if you are at 60k and Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are way higher, the Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are at 60k and you are way lower, or you are 60k behind, which is basically auto attacking on some fights. I'm doubting the last one but I've seen sadder things.

And from what I've seen, most Mages are going Frost, since they don't have a super high crit % like in DS.
    almost every other (viable) class beats us at stone guard encounter by at least 40k. multidotting and cleave are king here its by far our worst encounter dps wise.our combat rogues did 180k although we only stacked up to ~ 100 whereas i only managed to get 100 although i was building up stacks. in our early attempts i was sitting at 80k singletarget dps with occasional toth ms cleaves and tab cobrashots whereas everybody and their mom was at 100k+

fortunately we are great at building stacks so we are not completely unviable for said encounter.

but im looking forward to feng. singletarget + multishot adds sound perfect!

edit: if you are playing frost in a 3+ enemy encounter youre severely gimping your raid!
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2012-10-11 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    almost every other (viable) class beats us at stone guard encounter by at least 40k. multidotting and cleave are king here its by far our worst encounter dps wise.our combat rogues did 180k although we only stacked up to ~ 100 whereas i only managed to get 100 although i was building up stacks. in our early attempts i was sitting at 80k singletarget dps with occasional toth ms cleaves and tab cobrashots whereas everybody and their mom was at 100k+

fortunately we are great at building stacks so we are not completely unviable for said encounter.

but im looking forward to feng. singletarget + multishot adds sound perfect!

edit: if you are playing frost in a 3+ enemy encounter youre severely gimping your raid!
    Which basicly means that the mages should be frost, then, as there's only 2 enemies that can actually be damaged at any one time =P.

just make beast cleave duplicate 80% of any damage coming from the pet to 3 nearest enemies.

we already have an aoe spec (survival) wtb cleave.

Deleted
    Can someone explain why cleaving at stone guards is so strong ? I thaught any non-active stone guard is taking 90 % less dmg ?
    Or does this not count for 2 guards standing together ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilu View Post
    Can someone explain why cleaving at stone guards is so strong ? I thaught any non-active stone guard is taking 90 % less dmg ?
    A non-active Guard is a Guard standing alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilu View Post
    Exactly this, the 2 together take full damage on both on them, not just the active 1.

We could do with a pet that cleaves by default. Like Bears used to with Swipe.

Our damage is bad at stone guard but it's not a very damage intensive fight. We jumped to 100+ almost instantly at the start of the pull, all ranged that weren't chained at 75 re lit, and anyone that wasn't chained at 40 re lit plus myself and another hunter lighting up the whole time. It sucks not doing a ton of damage personally but it made the encounter ridiculously easy.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you are 60k behind, you are really bad, Hunters are equal to mages/locks in single target fights(assuning same iLvL and skill)
    Reading comprehension, folks. 60k behind on Stone Guard, where Mages and Rogues are cleaving and Hunters aren't. I'm at 115-125k as Survival depending on tiles, while I'm seeing our Mages easily breaking 160k and Rogues not far behind.

It also really doesn't matter, since H Stone Guard is solely a survival/healer/tank fight. DPS is irrelevant as long as you stay alive.

Well, to be fair, anyone who didn't read the previous page (which I didn't) can mistake that for what Tehterokkar and I did. It's not like he said Stone Guard in that post or anything.

So basically, If I'm 2nd in dps on Stone Guard 25m, with a few Rogues, Mages, other "cleaving" classes, does that mean I'm awesome or they aren't doing as well as they should?
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-10-12 at 05:39 AM.

Well, to be fair, anyone who didn't read the previous page (which I didn't) can mistake that for what Tehterokkar and I did. It's not like he said Stone Guard in that post or anything.

So basically, If I'm 2nd in dps on Stone Guard 25m, with a few Rogues, Mages, other "cleaving" classes, does that mean I'm awesome or they aren't doing as well as they should?
    hopefully the first but probably the second.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means they're bad or very, very undergeared comparatively. I did 123k on our kill tonight, our top DPS was a fire mage at over 162k. It's not even really close.