Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Brewmaster Marxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,289
    Yes Draco, we ended up doing that. I was specifically talking about our DPS, but for tiles we're pretty great. Didn't take that into account.

    It's still depressing being 60k behind Fire Mages and Combat Rogues no matter how hard I push though.

  2. #262
    Dreadlord Cinnamohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    771
    The most I've managed on a single-target fight thus far is 42k as Survival. I only have an iLv of 444 at the moment though due to literally nothing dropping in the 20 hours I've been chain-running dungeons. Could I be doing something wrong, or is it just my gear?

  3. #263
    I'd say gear. For crying out loud, you've already got 600 LW, atleast spend the 2 gold on 2 eternium threads to enchant your bracers and legs :<. You're losing out on 800 agil that's practically free right now .

  4. #264
    Dreadlord Cinnamohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'd say gear. For crying out loud, you've already got 600 LW, atleast spend the 2 gold on 2 eternium threads to enchant your bracers and legs :<. You're losing out on 800 agil that's practically free right now .
    I actually never bothered to even look at those.. Thanks for pointing that out. I figured they would've required a spirit or something a bit more expensive.

  5. #265
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I actually never bothered to even look at those.. Thanks for pointing that out. I figured they would've required a spirit or something a bit more expensive.
    Enchants are also super cheap and you can pick up a green quality gem for practically nothing for those legs. Getting a 463 trinket with either static agi or agi proc instead of that WoU should also help a lot, along with a 463 bow (i know one drops in siege of niozau temple). Try queueing for the dungeons with the best drops specifically each day before doing random heroics.
    RetiredBack these days, not as a raider though. Hunter known for World first Algalon solo.
    My Youtube channel with hunter solo kills
    Armory profile

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Yes Draco, we ended up doing that. I was specifically talking about our DPS, but for tiles we're pretty great. Didn't take that into account.

    It's still depressing being 60k behind Fire Mages and Combat Rogues no matter how hard I push though.
    Wut. Can't tell if you are at 60k and Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are way higher, the Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are at 60k and you are way lower, or you are 60k behind, which is basically auto attacking on some fights. I'm doubting the last one but I've seen sadder things.

    And from what I've seen, most Mages are going Frost, since they don't have a super high crit % like in DS.

  7. #267
    Dreadlord Cinnamohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Enchants are also super cheap and you can pick up a green quality gem for practically nothing for those legs. Getting a 463 trinket with either static agi or agi proc instead of that WoU should also help a lot, along with a 463 bow (i know one drops in siege of niozau temple). Try queueing for the dungeons with the best drops specifically each day before doing random heroics.
    I've only been 90 for about 2 days now, so the few times a trinket has actually dropped, they haven't been in my favor. Ranged weapons have been non-existent, as well.

  8. #268
    Herald of the Titans Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Yes Draco, we ended up doing that. I was specifically talking about our DPS, but for tiles we're pretty great. Didn't take that into account.

    It's still depressing being 60k behind Fire Mages and Combat Rogues no matter how hard I push though.
    If you are 60k behind, you are really bad, Hunters are equal to mages/locks in single target fights(assuning same iLvL and skill)

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Wut. Can't tell if you are at 60k and Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are way higher, the Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are at 60k and you are way lower, or you are 60k behind, which is basically auto attacking on some fights. I'm doubting the last one but I've seen sadder things.

    And from what I've seen, most Mages are going Frost, since they don't have a super high crit % like in DS.
    almost every other (viable) class beats us at stone guard encounter by at least 40k. multidotting and cleave are king here its by far our worst encounter dps wise.our combat rogues did 180k although we only stacked up to ~ 100 whereas i only managed to get 100 although i was building up stacks. in our early attempts i was sitting at 80k singletarget dps with occasional toth ms cleaves and tab cobrashots whereas everybody and their mom was at 100k+

    fortunately we are great at building stacks so we are not completely unviable for said encounter.

    but im looking forward to feng. singletarget + multishot adds sound perfect!


    edit: if you are playing frost in a 3+ enemy encounter youre severely gimping your raid!
    Last edited by kalo; 2012-10-11 at 09:56 AM.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    almost every other (viable) class beats us at stone guard encounter by at least 40k. multidotting and cleave are king here its by far our worst encounter dps wise.our combat rogues did 180k although we only stacked up to ~ 100 whereas i only managed to get 100 although i was building up stacks. in our early attempts i was sitting at 80k singletarget dps with occasional toth ms cleaves and tab cobrashots whereas everybody and their mom was at 100k+

    fortunately we are great at building stacks so we are not completely unviable for said encounter.

    but im looking forward to feng. singletarget + multishot adds sound perfect!


    edit: if you are playing frost in a 3+ enemy encounter youre severely gimping your raid!
    Which basicly means that the mages should be frost, then, as there's only 2 enemies that can actually be damaged at any one time =P.

  11. #271
    just make beast cleave duplicate 80% of any damage coming from the pet to 3 nearest enemies.

    we already have an aoe spec (survival) wtb cleave.

  12. #272
    Can someone explain why cleaving at stone guards is so strong ? I thaught any non-active stone guard is taking 90 % less dmg ?
    Or does this not count for 2 guards standing together ?

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilu View Post
    Can someone explain why cleaving at stone guards is so strong ? I thaught any non-active stone guard is taking 90 % less dmg ?
    Or does this not count for 2 guards standing together ?
    A non-active Guard is a Guard standing alone.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilu View Post
    Can someone explain why cleaving at stone guards is so strong ? I thaught any non-active stone guard is taking 90 % less dmg ?
    Or does this not count for 2 guards standing together ?
    Exactly this, the 2 together take full damage on both on them, not just the active 1.
    Champion of the Naaru | Hand of A'dal | Twilight Vanquisher | the Astral Walker | the Light of Dawn | Dragonslayer | Firelord | Savior of Azeroth

  15. #275
    We could do with a pet that cleaves by default. Like Bears used to with Swipe.

  16. #276
    Our damage is bad at stone guard but it's not a very damage intensive fight. We jumped to 100+ almost instantly at the start of the pull, all ranged that weren't chained at 75 re lit, and anyone that wasn't chained at 40 re lit plus myself and another hunter lighting up the whole time. It sucks not doing a ton of damage personally but it made the encounter ridiculously easy.

  17. #277
    Brewmaster Marxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Wut. Can't tell if you are at 60k and Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are way higher, the Fire Mages and Combat Rogues are at 60k and you are way lower, or you are 60k behind, which is basically auto attacking on some fights. I'm doubting the last one but I've seen sadder things.

    And from what I've seen, most Mages are going Frost, since they don't have a super high crit % like in DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you are 60k behind, you are really bad, Hunters are equal to mages/locks in single target fights(assuning same iLvL and skill)
    Reading comprehension, folks. 60k behind on Stone Guard, where Mages and Rogues are cleaving and Hunters aren't. I'm at 115-125k as Survival depending on tiles, while I'm seeing our Mages easily breaking 160k and Rogues not far behind.

    It also really doesn't matter, since H Stone Guard is solely a survival/healer/tank fight. DPS is irrelevant as long as you stay alive.

  18. #278
    Well, to be fair, anyone who didn't read the previous page (which I didn't) can mistake that for what Tehterokkar and I did. It's not like he said Stone Guard in that post or anything.

    So basically, If I'm 2nd in dps on Stone Guard 25m, with a few Rogues, Mages, other "cleaving" classes, does that mean I'm awesome or they aren't doing as well as they should?
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-10-12 at 05:39 AM.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Well, to be fair, anyone who didn't read the previous page (which I didn't) can mistake that for what Tehterokkar and I did. It's not like he said Stone Guard in that post or anything.

    So basically, If I'm 2nd in dps on Stone Guard 25m, with a few Rogues, Mages, other "cleaving" classes, does that mean I'm awesome or they aren't doing as well as they should?
    hopefully the first but probably the second.

  20. #280
    Brewmaster Marxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    So basically, If I'm 2nd in dps on Stone Guard 25m, with a few Rogues, Mages, other "cleaving" classes, does that mean I'm awesome or they aren't doing as well as they should?
    It means they're bad or very, very undergeared comparatively. I did 123k on our kill tonight, our top DPS was a fire mage at over 162k. It's not even really close.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •