1. #1

    5.2 MM question.

    Hello fellow hunters I'am following Ghostcrawler in Twitter and recently a fellow hunter asked him why he doesnt buff MM
    like he did with Arms warriors and his reply was that MM is very close to other 2 speccs in 5.2 so I'm asking people who play atm
    in PTR and they've tried MM their point of view..Thank you for your time reading this..

  2. #2
    MM is roughly 8-10% behind BM in single target. GC has asked for math to support this then completely ignored it when it was given to him. Marks needs work however blizzard simply does not put a fraction of the time in hunters that they give the other classes. Shamans have historically been in the same boat. It is as if "mail" armor classes do not matter to them.

  3. #3
    Its frustrating looking over patch notes and every single class is getting some tweaks and hunters get nothing; reduced cast time on AI isn't much to get excited about. No attempt to balance the three specs. I guess they are happy with BM being the single target spec and Survival being the AoE spec. Maybe they think toying with Marks will screw up that.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    Its frustrating looking over patch notes and every single class is getting some tweaks and hunters get nothing; reduced cast time on AI isn't much to get excited about. No attempt to balance the three specs. I guess they are happy with BM being the single target spec and Survival being the AoE spec. Maybe they think toying with Marks will screw up that.
    Good. Sorry but way too many times has MM eventually become the best, I'm pretty sure it will by the last tier due to WDPS, well maybe, but it'd be nice to have a change for a decent while.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Good. Sorry but way too many times has MM eventually become the best, I'm pretty sure it will by the last tier due to WDPS, well maybe, but it'd be nice to have a change for a decent while.
    Like.. twice?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    Its frustrating looking over patch notes and every single class is getting some tweaks and hunters get nothing; reduced cast time on AI isn't much to get excited about. No attempt to balance the three specs. I guess they are happy with BM being the single target spec and Survival being the AoE spec. Maybe they think toying with Marks will screw up that.
    Considering Aimed shot is the signature ability of Marks, a reduction in cast time should be a pretty significant DPS increase especially if you stack haste as gear stats inflate. I think most people aren't happy with how the set bonus will interact with MM verse the other specs

  7. #7
    MM without the t14 bonus sounds pretty dismal to me.

  8. #8
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,189
    Are you asking from a PvP or PvE perspective? PvE MM with the new buffs will be brought up pair with the rest. For PvP it is still lacking abilities. As you can see that BM got inti as an extra CC plus extra trinket, Surv ( even though no1 plays surv in pvp...) got trap mastery. What does MM bring to the table ? Only shots wich cost half of our focus. The DMG increase is nice really! But were still lacking abilities.
    Stuff

  9. #9
    I don't know, I have alot of fun pvping as MM.. I personally feel it could use a lower GCD, but thats just me!

    there is very few reasons to play it, if compared directly to the other specs, but I enjoy them all. piercing shots is quite nice :P on rogues

  10. #10
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I don't know, I have alot of fun pvping as MM.. I personally feel it could use a lower GCD, but thats just me!

    there is very few reasons to play it, if compared directly to the other specs, but I enjoy them all. piercing shots is quite nice :P on rogues
    It is but we used to have , readines and silence shot as the..." reason " to go MM. Now whats the main reason ? Ofc the spec is hella fun! But besides that..
    Stuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •