Page 1 of 18
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter Damage Lacking ?

    Let me start out by saying im not new to this game i have played a hunter for 7 years as my main

    I noticed throughout the heroics i was running i was getting absolutely drilled by ret pallies , mages , warlocks , spriests and i couldn't work what was going on my spec is fine my rotations are fine and my gear isn't that bad i have got as close to hit/exp cap as possible and still not competitive

    I am running SV spec atm

    Also to note i know our aoe dps with serpent multishot is strong although im talking about our single target dps

    Perhaps anyone could help me out give me some tips to what could be going wrong

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Eironn/simple

  2. #2
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,091
    I'm leveling so it isn't the best idea of my dps. But i've gone from like 40k at lvl 85 to now like 30k at 88, my friends rogue dps has done up :/ I hope this is just a scaling problem and it'll be fine at 90.

  3. #3
    You must be doing something wrong, blizzard already stated that they are satisfied with class balance atm, so everything should be fine... simulationcraft is wrong, the players are wrong, only blizzard with their "secret" test methodology is right and all classes are balanced atm.

    Anyways, troll sarcasm aside, i am too noticing the same. Its normal that melee is very strong in 5 men, so i dont pay much attention to it, but the thing is atm most classes are going over me as SV hunter.

    Ofc most people will just jump in and say "zomg who cares about 5 men!? what is important is high-end raiding in Best-in-slot! newbz!". But i'm realy not feeling all that motivated atm with my SV hunter...

  4. #4
    Hunters seem to scale poorly as you level. Now that I'm 90 and picking up heroic gear its starting go back up quick. Playing as BM atm (seems to be doing a little more single target than surv was for me) at about 55k dps now that im in about 1/3 heroic gear. As a benchmark, i usually sat around 49-50k dps on ultrax in near full BiS gear. My warlock buddy was sitting around the same but the Sha of Anger dropped his t14 and it basically shot his dps up to like 65k by it self. The stat scaling on gear at this level is f***ing absurd.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516
    yea i have seen the same im getting completely destroyed as a SV Hunter in 5 man HCs.
    And strangely enough most of the time tanks are currently topping the dmg meters in 5man HCs
    I have also tried BM and its only doing slightly more dmg then SV But is still way behind the other DPSers in the grp

  6. #6
    Blademaster crashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France, Paris
    Posts
    40
    Take Glaive Toss instead of Powershot as a start, it should help a little.

  7. #7
    I would have to recommend BM over SV. I am only 87 but usually #1 in 5mans.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandragorn View Post
    Hunters seem to scale poorly as you level. Now that I'm 90 and picking up heroic gear its starting go back up quick. Playing as BM atm (seems to be doing a little more single target than surv was for me) at about 55k dps now that im in about 1/3 heroic gear. As a benchmark, i usually sat around 49-50k dps on ultrax in near full BiS gear. My warlock buddy was sitting around the same but the Sha of Anger dropped his t14 and it basically shot his dps up to like 65k by it self. The stat scaling on gear at this level is f***ing absurd.
    People killing Sha of Anger right now are silly. Do all your dailies and kill it Monday when you have collected good fortune uses.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    People killing Sha of Anger right now are silly. Do all your dailies and kill it Monday when you have collected good fortune uses.
    I already have(had) my 3 coins from the first 90-Lesser Charm of Good Fortune turnin. And got PvP back from the usual looting and the extra roll gave me Hunter Tier Leggins

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enium/advanced

    On a sidenote, I'll swap to BM as well. Not at all satisfied with Survival. I know I can fine adjust with some more gems and enchants but for now its a bit sad, I got roflstomped by a mage doing 70-80k single target a few heroics ago while I was sitting at 55k
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-09-27 at 05:09 PM.

    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

  10. #10
    I'm a bm hunter at 90, and I too find my dps is lacking compared to other classes in lower gear levels. Hell, the RaF monks are pulling 70k in quest blues in the heroics, while I'm struggling to pull more than 38.

  11. #11
    Im having some issues also with BM, but mainly pissed off at Barrage since it likes to pull extra packs...But anyways, has anyone tryed out Marks yet? Havent played this hunter since BC and pre BC so its been a while doing hunter raiding, but yea. More info would be nice on which spec is better for what.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516
    i have done 5 man HCs now as all 3 specs and all of them are really behind in dps around 28-35k depending on the boss.
    Wile others are pulling around 45k-50k as far as i can see BM is top after that its MM then SV.
    this is silly i cant even dps passt the freaking tank on some fights

  13. #13
    What talent do people recommend for heroic grinding as sv? murder of crows is way too much of a pain to cast for 60 focus and hits so weak.

  14. #14
    having issues too, 450 ilevel with a 463 gun having trouble doing consistently over 40k dps, would like to see a buff to beastcleave so my aoe isn't like a wet noodle.

  15. #15
    I'm having absolutely no issue doing consistently high damage in the 5 mans I'm doing with equally skilled players. I think anyone who is having issue with a particular spec, be it BM or Survival, should go back to the drawing board and you'll find out why you're having issues with your dps. I'm quite content where my DPS is at as a Survival Hunter, and speaking from someone who held some of the top parses in the past few tiers, that should probably be worth something.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    I'm having absolutely no issue doing consistently high damage in the 5 mans I'm doing with equally skilled players. I think anyone who is having issue with a particular spec, be it BM or Survival, should go back to the drawing board and you'll find out why you're having issues with your dps. I'm quite content where my DPS is at as a Survival Hunter, and speaking from someone who held some of the top parses in the past few tiers, that should probably be worth something.
    Not gonna shoot you down but as i said i have played hunter for 7 years i also held some of the top 10 parses in previous raids so i know what im doing i read elitist jerks etc and theory crafting but still no solid answer why dps is low im happy for you to check out my armory and point me to any mistakes if you have the time

    The other thing is the other hunter in my guild who i have played with for many years and would consider a very good player has also noticed dropped dps for it to happen to both of us at the same time is very unlikely

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eironn View Post
    Not gonna shoot you down but as i said i have played hunter for 7 years i also held some of the top 10 parses in previous raids so i know what im doing i read elitist jerks etc and theory crafting but still no solid answer why dps is low im happy for you to check out my armory and point me to any mistakes if you have the time

    The other thing is the other hunter in my guild who i have played with for many years and would consider a very good player has also noticed dropped dps for it to happen to both of us at the same time is very unlikely
    You might want to reforge out of hit and expertise, cause your way above dungeon caps.

    But I agree that it seems that it's hard to be competitive as hunter dps now.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    People killing Sha of Anger right now are silly. Do all your dailies and kill it Monday when you have collected good fortune uses.
    *cough* people using coins on normal mode loot are silly. Save it for your heroic boss kills so you can get *proper* gear .

    In any case, I can only say that the people who are having issues competing with anything but frost DK's and Elemental Shamans in overall damage in dungeons, are having L2P issues. Singletarget, we're upper-middle, atleast as survival (no, I'm not going to bother with the atrocity that is BM). I can't keep up with our resident warlock, but anything else in equal gear I can easily keep up with.
    Consider the fact that if you're getting smashed, it may be because that particular person has a better weapon, or simply alot better gear (start of expansions makes you scale well, and the fact is that just 2-3 average item levels SHOULD send a "bad" class up over a "good" class).
    Currently missing 4 more heroic items, at 458 average lvl (fuck you, 440 back, 442 chest, 450 boots and legs).

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    *cough* people using coins on normal mode loot are silly. Save it for your heroic boss kills so you can get *proper* gear .

    I
    What? Isn't the loot "random" only in LFR and on world bosses? Noraml and heroic raids will still use the old system if I remember well, correct me if I'm wrong.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    What? Isn't the loot "random" only in LFR and on world bosses? Noraml and heroic raids will still use the old system if I remember well, correct me if I'm wrong.
    The coins will still give you an extra shot at a relevant item off the loot table, as far as I know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •