Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Been scouring the early logs of the US WOLs. Seems hunters are not represented that well. I guess the proof is in the pudding when we see actual logs instead of speculate 5 man heroics. So far I have seen hunters doing well 10 man normal and pretty dire in 25 man normal. In 25 man normal there are 6 I think hunters in all the fights posted so far (top 40), the majority of them BM, Survival isn't doing great comparitively with only 2 out of that 6 as Survival and their damage was quite alot lower than BM. There is only one hunter in the top 10 on 25 man. Seems BM is favoured in a 10 man enviroment also and performing well in that setting. In terms of 25 man normal hunters are fairly below the normal so will be interested to see how the EU guilds do when they start raiding. Not doing that well from the logs so far but its early days. From what I gather, if you are doing 10 man go BM, infact BM is beating Survival in 25 man too, Survival is doing pretty average damage. MM is dead it appears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Been scouring the early logs of the US WOLs. Seems hunters are not represented that well. I guess the proof is in the pudding when we see actual logs instead of speculate 5 man heroics. So far I have seen hunters doing well 10 man normal and pretty dire in 25 man normal. In 25 man normal there are 6 I think hunters in all the fights posted so far (top 40), the majority of them BM, Survival isn't doing great comparitively with only 2 out of that 6 as Survival and their damage was quite alot lower than BM. There is only one hunter in the top 10 on 25 man. Seems BM is favoured in a 10 man enviroment also and performing well in that setting. In terms of 25 man normal hunters are fairly below the normal so will be interested to see how the EU guilds do when they start raiding. Not doing that well from the logs so far but its early days. From what I gather, if you are doing 10 man go BM, infact BM is beating Survival in 25 man too, Survival is doing pretty average damage. MM is dead it appears.
    Checking some logs, it seems SV needs a little bit more single target damage. A good candidate would be Black arrow. Would go realy well with SV theme of sustainable/pressure damage instead of burst, it wouldnt interfere with AOE damage wich already seems interesting in the current form and it would be very easy to adjust in the future if it scales too much in later patches.

I felt very weak when i got into heroics, then I got some pieces, espacialy boots and my tier legs from Sha of Anger, my ilvl is sitting at 459, and I am slowing going back on top in damage meters, I feel like it isn't so easy to have good dps in 5men because we seem to benefit from longer than 1 minute fights. But a few days, I went from ~30-35k dps to ~50-60k in single target. Gear is actualy a huge factor right now, getting rid of low level green/blues make the biggest difference in all.

Oh and I play SV, and right now, it "feels" good. Obviously I am not playing on hardcore level, so I might suck compared to go players.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Not sure how you're getting hunters are not represented that well in what is mostly a cleave a fight, and a single target tank and spank in which all the logs I've seen we look fine.

I was feeling super weak in Heroics, but after the raid tonight it didn't seem too bad, I was on the lower end, but I wasn't being crushed and I didn't finish bottom on any of the fights. (was pulling 47-55kish) Entire raid was still learning the fights so I'm sure it would only improve with weeks to come, (I'm also only using a 450iLvl weapon)

Ps: Survival spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said before, BM single target feels great, and Survival AoE is probably the best in the game right now. The other roles for those specs are pretty lacking. Beast Cleave and something single target from Survival needs a slight boost, probably Cobra or Explosive.

Ilvl 462 as SV, I have been pulling 48-52k on Feng, same as the mage in my guild; and we are normally fighting for 1-2.

We save hero for the second part phase, and I pop self buffs after hero, to have prolong high damage to burn through this phase(which is far as we had time to get to, going to down him tonight, probably; but this is also lowering my dps for logs because I can't sustain my buffs for a full fight as we die to fire) It is a really static fight for range, just minor moving for epicenter and spark.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Not sure how you're getting hunters are not represented that well in what is mostly a cleave a fight, and a single target tank and spank in which all the logs I've seen we look fine.
    All classes seem to have a good cleave mechanic. We're relying on multishot SrS spread which in comparison is weak. We also have lynx rush. Just felt for a while going back from when hunters were benched for warmaster heroic that we are weak in this department. Either we need a touch more single target dmg or Blizz needs to address this and hold it true, bring the player not the class. Seems many encounters favour cleaving/multi dotting in t-14 content.

I will be the first to admit that I am personally not amazing at this game, so my word probably shouldn't be taken too seriously. I'm only at 456 ilvl and my GM didn't let me start raiding this week, so my reference is only from 5 mans. I switched to BM and use SV off spec since 5.0.4 hit before MOP. Back in H DS my damage was actually much better than it had been and I had no trouble topping meters in a 25 man raid. Now, however, I am too having a lot of trouble keeping up. The burst damage seems to be pretty fine and actually lasts a good amount of the time in the 5 man fights, which definitely averages out okay in the end. AOE and regular damage, however, is laughably bad. I've been wondering if it is because most of the lower level (non-epic) gear don't have expertise on it and we have to reforge out of some of our 'I want to do more damage now pew pew' stats? I race changed to draenei to get the 1% hit, and even that helped a little bit with the damage normalization. Just a thought?

*cough* just throwing this in here.
    This would be Feng the Accursed, a 100% singletarget fight with no form for aoe:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v.../?s=672&e=1097
    I am the third highest pure-dps on this fight (everyone else would be tanks), above me is our own elemental shaman (slightly) and a bit further ahead, an unholy DK.

I still hold that "bad singletarget dps" is a learn to play issue ;_;.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    *cough* just throwing this in here.
    This would be Feng the Accursed, a 100% singletarget fight with no form for aoe:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v.../?s=672&e=1097
    I am the third highest pure-dps on this fight (everyone else would be tanks), above me is our own elemental shaman (slightly) and a bit further ahead, an unholy DK.

I still hold that "bad singletarget dps" is a learn to play issue ;_;.
    Learn to play.. I would think yes, but you also have to realize the gear gap you have between the players on this board. That 483 gun is HUGE.

I'm sitting at around 50k dps right now in SV (462 ilevel), but I know I'm not playing it 100% optimal yet, but I am still within the top 7 in dps in my guild (25 man).

I agree.. people saying that hunters damage is lacking are completely unaware.

Deleted
    I agree. Single DPS is fine and never was the issue.

Hunter problem is spread dps. As soon as there are 2 targets in place we suffer extremly hard. No other dps class has this problem. It pretty much shuts down the entire encounter in terms of dps for us.

Hunter is a pure dps class, you should think that atleast ONE out of THREE specs should be able deal to properly with a 2-3 target based encounter. But they all balance around single dps and basically counter each other out.

Rogues have combat spec for that. Mages were never really bad at two target dpsing, [...].

Our ok - good single dps doesn't justify such a huge dps drop in such an encounter.

Not to mention your hunter draco is very well geared, you prolly also outgeared lots of dds in your raid and still didnt got #1.
    Last edited by mmoceb9bfc9bf8; 2012-10-03 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you aren't #1 DPS with a 483 bow proves that Survival is slightly lacking for single target. That's what, an 6-8k DPS increase over 463 weapons? Yea...

when people say draco is outgearing his guild mates, do we know this for a fact or are you just assuming?

Deleted
    After doing 4/6 today, I don't really think hunters are in that bad of a position, knowing the more stats ull get, u will jump ahead of most classes.

And there's no such thing as outgearing, unless you have an epic bow vs a rare one.

A few more epics won't really push you yards away from anyone else.

Deleted
    Hunter damage is fine! I have no idea what those sims are referring to with us being the top 3 lowest dps specs.
    I'm pushing around 70-90k dps ST, fully decked in 464 items as BM, which I consider good and well above most other classes/specs with similar or same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Hunter damage is fine! I have no idea what those sims are referring to with us being the top 3 lowest dps specs.
    I'm pushing around 70-90k dps ST, fully decked in 464 items as BM, which I consider good and well above most other classes/specs with similar or same gear.
    Want to post logs please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post
    Want to post logs please?
    I don't use logs (I'm not a pve hero). I'll post a print of recount first thing tomorrow morning, you'll have to take my word for it meanwhile.

Friend of mine last night got #1 as bm with 62k dps in 25 man but then you have all these people claiming they do 20k more than that on fights which is crazy

I my self apparently a bad player says mr draco ranked 7th on 3 different bosses with dps between 50-55k obviously it doesen't mean shit because raid has just been released and world of logs seems to be down atm so i haven't been able to see others dps but i still don't think hunters are in a good spot and being forced to only play bm to be remotely competitive is stupid

If you are refering to dungeon bosses then we have moved on from this and are now talking about raids. As BM using all your CDs and pulling 70-90k on a short boss is no surprise, the issue is sustained DPS, ie raids.

As I said before, we do feel weak, but I did notice that I seemed to finish middle of the pack in my 10man, was 2nd on DPS for Feng as well(10man), so it's not as bad as it feels.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eironn View Post
    Friend of mine last night got #1 as bm with 62k dps in 25 man but then you have all these people claiming they do 20k more than that on fights which is crazy

I my self apparently a bad player says mr draco ranked 7th on 3 different bosses with dps between 50-55k obviously it doesen't mean shit because raid has just been released and world of logs seems to be down atm so i haven't been able to see others dps but i still don't think hunters are in a good spot and being forced to only play bm to be remotely competitive is stupid
    When WoL was up last night I had a quick look. It looked like there were no (maybe 1 or 2) hunters on ranked in the top 50 of the first boss. There was a TON of BM hunters ranked in the top 50 of the second boss(Seriously, it looked like there were 20odd BM hunters ranked in the top 50 here). There were a few (5-8) sv and bm hunters on the 3rd and 4th boss with it looking like there were more sv hunters on the third. It doesn't appear that fights other than Feng "force" you to go BM to be competitive but we will see once WoL comes back up and more results come in
    Last edited by Willfox; 2012-10-04 at 02:22 AM.