Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?

Exclamation Mafia Game XVIII: Electric Boogaloo

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!

The town of Vanilla, after suffering several bouts of mafia gang wars, werewolf epidemics, attacks by independent serial killers, and a strange cult worship of a string of bloodthirsty canine pagan deities. Has finally come to an era of peace. A peace that lasted only for a fortnight. A mafia-cult has arisen, sworn to their new pudding-based god, this new mafia has begun killing people routinely each night, as dictated by the holy texts of this pudding god. So now it is up to the innocent townies to bring this new evil group to justice. Also someone someone went crazy.

General:

Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    Deleting posts is forbidden.
    Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by me in a PM as evidence is forbidden.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

Night phase:

Mafia will each select one of their own to carry out their night kill.
    Town investigators investigates one player per night, and will receive results in the form of Town/Mafia, if they're a cop. If mind controlled, they will receive 'No Result'.
    The Doctors will choose one person to protect at night. A protected person cannot be killed unless the strongman serial killer targets them. Healed people cannot be healed again the subsquent night after, even by another doctor.
    The Serial Killers will choose one person to carry out a kill, and individually decide whether or not to wear a vest.
    Traitors will search for any mafia member or serial killer is order to get converted. If they find an investigator, they will be killed instead.
    Junior cops (deputies) will search for scum each night, and leave notes in the morning of their results. Junior cops die upon finding mafia.
    Copy cats may or may not do a night-time action.
    Town drunks will heckle someone each night.
    The order of night actions is as follows: Heckling>Mind Control>Protections>conversions>sk kills>other scum team kills>investigations.

No other players are allowed to discuss anything in the thread at this time (it's night, you're asleep!). Any posts made during this time will be deleted!

Day phase:

Everybody has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten more than half the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote.

Please put your decision in Bold Letters (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE" on a line by itself.
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer] to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer]
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Kumduh
    Some more general mafia slang for those interested.
    Once the final vote is cast, it is unofficially night and no more discussion is allowed to take place.

Depending on conditions, deputies, serial killers, and copy cats have the duration of the day to message the mods to decide their further actions.

Inter-Role Dynamics:

Traitors that are the targets of both scum and doctor healing during a single night, become converted.
    A deputy's ability won't activate until all of the game's cops are dead.
    A deputy's ability will not active a cannibal kills a cop. However it will activate open death of all the game's cannibals.
    A cannibal that kills an activated deputy will not inherent the knowledge of the deputy's notes.
    A copycat that copies a deputy before the cop dies, activates his abilities simultaneously along with the real deputy upon death of all cops.

Roles:

Role: Vanilla Townie
    Ability: Your vote is your weapon. You have no night action.
    Affiliation: Town
    Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Town Drunk
    Ability: Your vote is your weapon. Additionally, each night you can choose to heckle one person outside their house each night. Heckling has no affected on the game, and heckled people will receive a message that they've been heckled during the night. Heckling bypasses protection.
    Win Condition:You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Bomb
    Ability: Explosive Retribution - If someone tries to kill you at night, then both you and your killer will die in a glorious ball of fire, unless either of you are protected by the doctor, in which case nothing will happen.
    Role: Cop
    Ability: Investigate (cop) - Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game. You will get results back in the form of Mafia/Townie.
    Role: Doctor
    Ability: First Aid - At night you may choose a player to protect from 1 killer. Targets can be healed consecutively, however it'll have no effect on the target. Even by other doctors.
    Role: Deputy
    Ability: Vanilla townie for the duration of the game, until the cop's death. At cop death, you are given a choice, reveal the notes of the cop to the townies or become a junior-cop.

Junior cop: Before each night you will write down the name of the person you will investigate and leave in search for mafia. You die upon finding a mafia member. However once your body turns up, the note showing who you searched that night will be known to the townies.

Win Condition:You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Mafia Goon
    Abilities: Factional communication - You may talk with your partners here and do faction kills. Factional kill - Each night phase, you and your partners may perform the factional kill.
    Affiliation: Scum
    Win condition: You win when all townies and serial killers have been eliminated or when nothing can prevent this from occurring during the day (overwhelming mafia day-time majority).
    Role: Serial Killer
    Abilities: Factional Communication - You may talk with your possible partners. Each night one of you will perform a kill and the other will act as lookout. The lookout warn the killer inside the house, and depending on your sub-type the killer will leave early or go through with the kill before fleeing.
    Additionally each serial killer will gain access to a single vest. A vest can be worn only once during the entire game and last only one night; vests protect you from a single night kill and from bomb counter-attacks, the town will get a message the next morning that a serial killer used a vest.

Sub Types: You must pick what type of killer you and your possible teammates will be. This choice is permanent, so choose wisely.

Cannibal - You hunger for human flesh! You will store your victim's bodies in your industrial freezer and prevent their role from being revealed the next day. If you die the bodies will be found by the mafia/town.

Strongman - You are an unstoppable killing machine! Equipped with an automatic rifle, you may kill players even when they are protected by a jail keeper, doctor, or firearm.

Ninja - You are trained in the art of camouflage! Armed with ninja weapons and extreme stealth training, you cannot be jailed or observed.

Vampire - You are evil incarnate and can control one person every other night to do your kill for you. You can still mind control through roleblocks, but if the person you mind control is roleblocked, then they can't do your kill for you. You can choose to forego your MC the first night, but afterwards you can't control yourself and must start your every other night cycle on night two.

Affiliation: Independent scum (unless a traitor teams up with you)
    Win Condition: You win when all townies and mafia have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring during the day (overwhelming mafia day-tome majority), or when you are one of two people left standing end-game.
    Role: Traitor
    Ability: When attacked by a mafia goon or a serial killer, you will convince them to let you join their group. When investigated, you will appear as scum before being converted, and as townie afterwards. At night you may seek out a mafia goon or a serial killer in order to get converted. You are killed however if -

1. You seek out an investigator.

2. If you are hit by more than one scum faction on the same night.

3. If you are hit by one faction and you successively seek out another faction on the same night.

Affiliation: None pre-conversion, scum post-conversion.
    Win condition: You will have the same win condition as the group you are in. You lose if you remain unconverted.
    Role: Copy Cat
    Ability: You copy the abilities, affiliation, and win condition of a single player in the game, and you can only get converted once. You can copy any role in the game except for vanilla townies, in which case you'd have to seek out a different person again the next day/night cycle for a real conversion. You join the team of any scum you copy. Your tracking ability is usable during the day, and you get your results back at the end of the cycle you used it.
    Affiliation: Independent until conversion
    Win Condition: Conversion and whatever win condition of the role you copied.
    Composition:

Scum-
    3 Mafia goons
    1 Serial Killer
    2 Traitors

Neutral-

1 Copy Cat

Town-
    2 Vanilla Townies
    1 Town Drunk
    2 Bombs
    1 Cop
    1 Doctor
    1 Deputy

Killed:

1. Moldyoldsock - Bomb
    2. Anakso - Town Drunk
    3. Krayzy - Serial killer/ cannibal
    4. Lellybaby - Bomb
    Knephertiti - Deputy
    6. Worgenite - Doctor

Roles Remaining:

Scum-

3 Mafia goons

Independent Scum-

0 Serial Killer

Town-

2 Vanilla townies
    0 Town Drunk
    0 Bombs
    1 Cop
    0 Doctor
    0 Deputy

Unaffiliated-

2 Traitors
    1 Copy Cat

Players Remaining:

1. Dyra
    2. The Dwarf Lover
    3. Everything Nice
    Kisuro
    5. listo95
    6. Lysah
    NightFury Treann
    8. Silkku
    Worer

Voting Records:

Day 1:
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Moldyoldsock (8): Krayzy, Lysah, Kisuro, Anakso, Silkku, Everything Nice, Worgenite, Worer, (The Dwarf Lover)
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    NFT(1): Moldy
    Worgenite(1): NFT
    Anakso(1): Dyra
    Day 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Knephertiti (6): Silkku, Worgenite, Listo95, The Dwarf Lover, Lysah. NFT.

Sending out PM's shortly.

Deadline: Sunday 11:59 PM EST

Notes:
    I'm using quicktopic from now on, for communicating player night-time abilities.
    I'd heavily advise that even veterans read over my OP.

Whelp I think that's it. Feel free to point out anything inconsistent or confusing in my OP.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-03 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I please please please please please please please please change the name of the title to ANYTHING but YOLO.....!

And yay game finally started.
    And yay you've linked everyone's name in the list so mines in bright green.

I see some new roles, how fun!

I hope treann is not the copy cat, otherwise we'll end up with 2 serial killers on our hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood... what does YOLO stand for? And yay for being one of the first posters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Can I please please please please please please please please change the name of the title to ANYTHING but YOLO.....!
    Pfft. No swag#. Fine, you may change it to anything you'd like .

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it now!!!!!!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Why am I forced to play a game under title "YOLO!"....
    Also, reporting in b4 Treann, in your face Sk Scum!
    Which reminds me,
    Vote: NFT.
    Obvious lurking Sk is obvious, he didn't even get the 1st post since he is afraid he'd be found out!
    Last edited by mmoce163720677; 2012-09-27 at 03:06 PM.

Name changed for Ana

Y'all have a good game

10+ Year Old Account
    also;

vote Treann

b/c he keeps on going on about the sk role. We can't risk him actually getting it and killing innocents!

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 10:12 AM ----------

omg town drunk sounds so awesome :O

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Hello there fellow... players. What a great day, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    omg...can you please alphabetize the list of players?

fos Worer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Name changed for Ana

Y'all have a good game

That's not what I meant!
    I'm going with nemis suggestion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    omg...can you please alphabetize the list of players?

fos Worer
    Later, I'm going offline in a bit. YOLO!1#

Deleted
    You people are boring, I want to see some action so hurry up and bandwagon on something so we can point fingers a few days from now when it turns out the failed bandwagon was on a Scum and people refused/jumped off the bandwagon and that Copy CAT is actually Dyra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    So you can be last on the list and be least noticed? Why? What do you have to hide?

FoS Worgenite
    and his super diabolical scheme
    lol, b/c it's easier to read when you don't have to dig through a list

fos Trixie for having an evil avatar!

:O FoS Silkku for breaking tradition!

Deleted
    Plot Twist: The "Cat" is actually Dog. A particularily nasty dog that will go and copy the ways of evil Italian mobsters and start a family business of it's own. You heard it here first folks, the dogs are taking over the town!
    FoS Worg (and the evil sidekick Arlee that is pretending it isn't even playing)

10+ Year Old Account
    So the copy cat can learn the vanilla townies if they hit one :O or well, any role really :O

Deleted
    What if the Copy Cat hits the Serial killer ? How is the game going to end?

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I read it is that the copy cat chooses a role to copy and not a person.
    Mostly because of the line "You can only copy none vanilla townies"

Would be a bit of a broken role if he could select a player and get a nope back, specially with 2 bombs.
    "I'll copy X"
    NOPE!
    "I'll copy Y"
    Nope!
    "I'll copy Z"
    You're now a serial killer
    "Whelp, kill X. I know he's safe!

As an example

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    The way I read it is that the copy cat chooses a role to copy and not a person.
    Mostly because of the line "You can only copy none vanilla townies"

Would be a bit of a broken role if he could select a player and get a nope back, specially with 2 bombs.
    "I'll copy X"
    NOPE!
    "I'll copy Y"
    Nope!
    "I'll copy Z"
    You're now a serial killer
    "Whelp, kill X. I know he's safe!

As an example
    Ah....didn't think of it this way....

fos Ana for thinking differently!