Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    How are people riding Cloud Serpent mounts already?

    I thought this required many days worth of dailies, I am confused. Can't find any info on it.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Robot Monkey Pirate Island
    Posts
    986
    Yeah I saw someone on my realm riding the Azure one. Like you say OP, i thought it took like 3 weeks of dailies?

  3. #3
    Check the frontpage of the official forums.
    Check Google.
    Check Wowhead.

    All these sources explain it in detail. One word: netherwing. Don't be lazy and actually search for once, instead of asking immediately.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Gaiwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Check the frontpage of the official forums.
    Check Google.
    Check Wowhead.

    All these sources explain it in detail. One word: netherwing. Don't be lazy and actually search for once, instead of asking immediately.
    I checked wowwiki, wowhead and googled it. Everywhere it says that it takes about a month of doing daily quests to reach exalted, which is required to get one of the mounts. The only one that can be received now is the crimson one, which is a reward for Glory of the Pandaria Hero. That's possible, but highly improbable (especially considering that to actually ride it you need to have Cloud Serpent Riding, which requires exalted with the faction). So how are people seeing folks with these mounts already? The question still stands...
    Last edited by Gaiwyn; 2012-09-27 at 02:58 PM.
    Caerdwyn | Level 91 Fire Mage <For Instance> | Nagrand-US

  5. #5
    Mechagnome SanderZammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Take a guess... no, NOT THERE! You and your dirty mind.
    Posts
    732
    If I remember it correctly, there's one cloud serpent that you get from a quest chain (Townlong Steppes maybe?). Other than that, no idea.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,137
    Could it be a rare drop from a world boss or something like that - a dungeon boss rare drop? Otherwise Im going w/ a quest reward.

  7. #7
    There is a mechanic very similar to the Netherwing Eggs that is not limited by daily quests. People who got 90 quickly had little to no competition searching for the eggs to turn in for lots of rep.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Could it be a rare drop from a world boss or something like that - a dungeon boss rare drop? Otherwise Im going w/ a quest reward.
    Theres a rare mount dropper, like TLPD and the dragon in Deepholm.

  9. #9
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,360
    *checks front page of mmo*
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ts-of-Pandaria

    oh look , took me 10 sec to find all info about mounts and that you get cloud serpent from quest... dam it was hard

  10. #10
    There are eggs you can collect for rep turn ins. It's exactly like netherwing. They're 500 rep each, 550 with guild perk. It took me just over 90 minutes to get exalted.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89155/onyx-egg

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Korrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Theres a rare mount dropper, like TLPD and the dragon in Deepholm.
    ALL cloud serpent mounts requires you to have the skill from order of the cloud serpent. So it doesn't matter where it comes from.

    But the first 90 people got a buffé of eggs lying and waiting for them so :3
    Doesn't matter whatever picture I post here, "Scrapbot" will allways infract me for it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I checked wowwiki, wowhead and googled it. Everywhere it says that it takes about a month of doing daily quests to reach exalted, which is required to get one of the mounts. The only one that can be received now is the crimson one, which is a reward for Glory of the Pandaria Hero. That's possible, but highly improbable (especially considering that to actually ride it you need to have Cloud Serpent Riding, which requires exalted with the faction). So how are people seeing folks with these mounts already? The question still stands...
    What he means is that there are eggs hidden in the island, not easy to find, that give a small reputation bonus. If you farm these eggs, you can reach the reputation you need. Like the netherwing eggs.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Gaiwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    What he means is that there are eggs hidden in the island, not easy to find, that give a small reputation bonus. If you farm these eggs, you can reach the reputation you need. Like the netherwing eggs.
    Thank you for answering nicely. And to the posts above that directly address the OP's question. Please don't mention Netherwing Ledge, though. I'd managed to erase it from my mind... or so I thought.
    Caerdwyn | Level 91 Fire Mage <For Instance> | Nagrand-US

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,820
    Just like Netherwing, you can spend some time to do the dailies or farm loads of eggs and be done in a day.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Kazzak EU

  15. #15
    For the Order of the Cloud Serpent, there is another way of earning the rep besides dailies. There are eggs (onyx eggs I think they are called) that are found lying around Windward Isle that you can pick up and turn in for rep to a repeatable quest.

    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31784

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Check the frontpage of the official forums.
    Check Google.
    Check Wowhead.

    All these sources explain it in detail. One word: netherwing. Don't be lazy and actually search for once, instead of asking immediately.
    Nice and helfull comment *jackass*, if you dont intend to help why do you even bother answering....and one more thing, everyone has the right to be lazy, and if they want to come and ask before searching its on their right don't you think?....

    Mod Edit: No need for the insult.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2012-10-05 at 08:43 AM.

  17. #17
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In a secret cavern below the surface of Azeroth, playing mindgames with the Old Gods
    Posts
    242
    The thing is, there are those eggs, yes, but now after a hotfix the spawnrate is back to how it was intended. During the first few days the eggs nearly instantly respawned and could be camped literally to get them and therefore reaching exalted in like an hour or so.
    Those players who where fast with leveling and immediately started on farming those got their cloud serpent really fast.

    Nowadays the spawnrate is ridiculously low though, in addition to the high competition of players searching for them.

    So for those who already reached exalted it was a mixture of having little to no competition, but the biggest factor was the messed up spawn-rate of those eggs.
    Still amazes me every single time how people are capable of mixing up the same words over and over again. There; Their; They're - Know; No; Now - Have; Of \\\\ ...coincidence? on purpose? saving letters/typing time? or some small creatures living in the internet, spending their time messing up entries? It will forever be an enigma...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    The thing is, there are those eggs, yes, but now after a hotfix the spawnrate is back to how it was intended. During the first few days the eggs nearly instantly respawned and could be camped literally to get them and therefore reaching exalted in like an hour or so.
    Those players who where fast with leveling and immediately started on farming those got their cloud serpent really fast.

    Nowadays the spawnrate is ridiculously low though, in addition to the high competition of players searching for them.

    So for those who already reached exalted it was a mixture of having little to no competition, but the biggest factor was the messed up spawn-rate of those eggs.
    Still have to see a source on this, I even asked a GM, but he couldn't give me an answer.
    You won't find an expanded version of my avatar here.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dril76 View Post
    Nice and helfull comment *jackass*, if you dont intend to help why do you even bother answering....and one more thing, everyone has the right to be lazy, and if they want to come and ask before searching its on their right don't you think?....
    Well, I actually did answer the question, too... Doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get people off their lazy ass and learn to search, though. Those skills are very useful for the rest of their lives. Best to learn asap.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    There is a mechanic very similar to the Netherwing Eggs that is not limited by daily quests. People who got 90 quickly had little to no competition searching for the eggs to turn in for lots of rep.
    Damn right I didnt XD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •