10+ Year Old Account

[MW] Haste Breakpoint when I only have spell haste half the time.

I am currently in a very unique situation. Our raid doesn't have a spell haste buff...other than on 2 heal fights where our resto shamman goes ele.

Knowing the new RM +2 Breakpoints are:

3148 - haste w/ stance w/ 5% spell haste
    4722 - haste w/ stance w/o 5% spell haste

I'm wondering which breakpoint I should be going for? I first hit 4722 so that I would be +2 at all times, however Im starting to second guess my initial logic. I'm starting to think that its better for me to go for 3148 because on the fights where my healing REALLY matters(aka 2 healing) I wont have any wasted stats.

What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    I am currently in a very unique situation. Our raid doesn't have a spell haste buff...other than on 2 heal fights where our resto shamman goes ele.

Knowing the new RM +2 Breakpoints are:

3148 - haste w/ stance w/ 5% spell haste
    4722 - haste w/ stance w/o 5% spell haste

I'm wondering which breakpoint I should be going for? I first hit 4722 so that I would be +2 at all times, however Im starting to second guess my initial logic. I'm starting to think that its better for me to go for 3148 because on the fights where my healing REALLY matters(aka 2 healing) I wont have any wasted stats.

What are your thoughts?
    I'm in a similar situation when I heal. The floater of the group is a shadow priest, so sometimes I have the buff and sometimes I don't. I think I'm leaning towards 4722. Firstly because with the changes to RM the first breakpoint (aka anything below this new breakpoint) is weaker than RM was last week, if I read all those changes correctly. And secondly I'd rather 'waste' some stats on haste that I'm going to use half the time through eminence(more auto-attacks) than throw them into mastery where it's hit or miss whether someone walks over the minty green orb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I'm in a similar situation when I heal. The floater of the group is a shadow priest, so sometimes I have the buff and sometimes I don't. I think I'm leaning towards 4722. Firstly because with the changes to RM the first breakpoint (aka anything below this new breakpoint) is weaker than RM was last week, if I read all those changes correctly. And secondly I'd rather 'waste' some stats on haste that I'm going to use half the time through eminence(more auto-attacks) than throw them into mastery where it's hit or miss whether someone walks over the minty green orb.

Why would you throw it into mastery? Crit is more valuable than mastery with the orb nerf and the crit change to mana tea!

I do like your logic on my original question though!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    Why would you throw it into mastery? Crit is more valuable than mastery with the orb nerf and the crit change to mana tea!

I do like your logic on my original question though!!!!!
    Everything I have already has crit in it. I know crit is the best stat. I was implying that if the choice was more haste or more mastery I'd prob go haste til that breakpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Everything I have already has crit in it. I know crit is the best stat. I was implying that if the choice was more haste or more mastery I'd prob go haste til that breakpoint.
    ohhh that makes complete sense!