[BM] Brewmaster Tao addon just isn't working

This addon isn't working at all for me, but AFAIK, its the only one out there set up to help with stagger (unless WA can track it - I haven't really gotten a chance to try since I've been madly leveling).

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

I have not tried Brewmaster Tao yet, but you get a different Stagger debuff based on how much damage it's dealing to you: Light Stagger, Medium Stagger, Heavy Stagger. I set up power auras to show me which level of Stagger I have. It's not perfect, but it at least gives you some gauge of how much damage you're taking. You can also just look at the color of your debuff, but I like the heads up display. Hopefully we will have some better addons in the future, but for now this can at least give you some guidance. Hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ter-Weak-Auras

Several WA strings in this thread. I'm using the version on page 2 currently.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

It should still be working. It doesn't do much since most of the things I was making it became irrelevant through changes in beta.

That said, sometimes simple is better. The stagger bar is still potentially useful if people don't want to set it up on Weak Auras, so I went ahead and posted a small update for release if you still want it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...masterTao.html

Brewmaster Tao used to work WELL in that it gave a running stagger total and insofar as that went it gave much better information than Weak Auras with the green, yellow and red.

With it broken, I dunno that just the "stoplight" is enough. I say that especially with Brewmasters who just got to 460 because the stagger goes yellow at 100k per second. At the stam levels for iLvl 460 Brewmasters, even for those who stack a bit of stam at the expense of Agi, (like cloak and shoulder ench) even getting to yellow can be pretty dangerous if the healers are even remotely struggling or slow to swap.

Between the Monk's inherent lack of passive mitigation (armor, dodge, parry) and our lower haste amounts which limits energy, thus our chi generation ability, we're stuck with how much we can purify while keeping up our priorities.

I very much am not sure how Monks tank without knowing their stagger. Seems waiting until yellow means putting unnecessary strain on the heals and just spamming purify means perhaps wasting much needed chi.

it was updated on wow interface for 5.1 and should work now (haven't tried it yet)

i used to wait for yellow until a healer told me it was too much strain on him so now i look for ~20% stagger while it's still in green

15+ Year Old Account
    Tao's working for me after I updated tonight - only issue I found wad that after being banished on Garajal the whole thing would go blank. Not even showing zeros, just nothing.

Apart from that, it's working pretty much as it used to be. I use both the colour and the total Stagger readout to manage it, and my personal rule of thumb is that once it pushes past 100k (which is a little underneath Moderate Stagger) it's time to P Brew.

Tao is still working with me fine on this.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Tao's working for me after I updated tonight - only issue I found wad that after being banished on Garajal the whole thing would go blank. Not even showing zeros, just nothing.

Apart from that, it's working pretty much as it used to be. I use both the colour and the total Stagger readout to manage it, and my personal rule of thumb is that once it pushes past 100k (which is a little underneath Moderate Stagger) it's time to P Brew.

Tao is still working with me fine on this.
    Hrm. Haven't done MSV this week yet, so not sure why that'd be. I'll see if I can get in a LFR tomorrow and see if I can get that one to repeat. Will get an update on it this weekend.

There is already information posted in other threads how to fix it, but most were in relation to WeakAura triggers. Add in a ___, in front of Value1 and that should fix it up. I don't use it anymore, but a quick glance looks like it will do the trick.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.