Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, I like the actors/actresses but I don't like the characters. Obviously, I can't judge them too hard since this is first episode but if they leave things "as is" I can't see myself watching it. The one thing I did notice but it seemed the regular NCIS actors/actresses were enjoying themselves more than usual but maybe that's just me. The actual plot of the episode I found confusing but once again maybe that's just me.

And mark May 13th on your calender as that will be the season finale. Sadly, no 2 hour finale which is to be expected but we can dream right? I count they have 6 more episodes with 7 Tuesdays in between so it looks like there will be one repeat sometime in April with the rest being new episodes from here on out.

10+ Year Old Account
    From someone who lived in Alabama most of his life, I got annoyed by the accents. Like really bad. I wouldn't watch it based just on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, another JAG cast member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the second episode aired introducing New Orleans

Hey, did everyone know that this was taking place in New Orleans? You didn't? Are you sure, because the show made sure to make a note it and shove it down our faces every five seconds. One Katrina reference each episode, the Superdome, the Saints sign, LSU. Seriously, are you trying to just annoy everyone? I think those two episodes had more references to the city they were in than the whole entire series of the original NCIS. And I don't remember people talking about Hollywood and celebrities and whatever else in the L.A. episodes. So, yeah. Terrible opening to a new series.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be watching the New Orleans spin-off.

As for this week's episode: anybody else get a sense of déja vu when it turned out it was the pretty blonde college chick who was in charge of the drug/gun/documents smuggling website?

10+ Year Old Account
    New and future episode:

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be watching the New Orleans spin-off.

As for this week's episode: anybody else get a sense of déja vu when it turned out it was the pretty blonde college chick who was in charge of the drug/gun/documents smuggling website?
    No. I'm not getting anything related to that in my memory. Wait. The "Eraser". Well, I recall she was a brunette though.

But I did like the episode. References to Trent Kort, even a reference to the black plague episode. McGee finally doing the right thing with Delilah. Though I guess this means we won't see her anymore.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but the season finale is called "Honor Thy Father". Kind of a definite thing then with Ralph Waite.

What happened to Trent Kort anyway? Did he get chained to a desk and banned from field assignments?

Maybe we'll have another wedding on our hands next season if McGee and Delilah continue like this. Can't say that he hasn't earned it, his track record with women is almost enough to rival Ted Mosby (OK, so Ted didn't get together with a South African assassin out to kill a North Korean assassin, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What happened to Trent Kort anyway? Did he get chained to a desk and banned from field assignments?
    Dead long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Dead long ago.
    He was last seen when Port-To-Port killer took out his eye. Ray Cruz got a message that said "Kort in Tel Aviv. handle ASAP". But as far as we know, Cruz is locked up in prison. Or at the very least he's not in the CIA anymore. So I'm not sure if he "handled" it. I did love the comment about "no, you're worse than Kort" because Kort admits to being a douchebag, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He was last seen when Port-To-Port killer took out his eye. Ray Cruz got a message that said "Kort in Tel Aviv. handle ASAP". But as far as we know, Cruz is locked up in prison. Or at the very least he's not in the CIA anymore. So I'm not sure if he "handled" it. I did love the comment about "no, you're worse than Kort" because Kort admits to being a douchebag, or something like that.
    The guy that tried to defuse the big car bomb, when they captured him with Jimmy, Kort and the NCIS agent. He killed Kort in that scene, didn't he?

Posting from memory, but I'm sure a bigger fan than I can remember names.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The guy that tried to defuse the big car bomb, when they captured him with Jimmy, Kort and the NCIS agent. He killed Kort in that scene, didn't he?

Posting from memory, but I'm sure a bigger fan than I can remember names.
    Jonathan Cole. He was the one who was selling the chips, and got caught halfway through the season. When Harper Dearing came and started screwing up navy ships, they used a captured Cole to try to bait him out. It didn't work, but Dearing stashed a bomb in Vance's car, which he parked right near the building (thin thread, how the hell would Dearing know that?). When they figured out there was a bomb there, Cole offered to diffuse it (he was a risk-taker). He ran out of time, and presumably he blew up with the car.

That all happened at the end of season 9. Season 8's cliffhanger was Port-To-Port Killer. He was the one who jabbed out Trent Kort's eye. That was the last we physically saw Kort, but her was very much alive.

Everyone lived during the final scene with Jonas Cobb, the Port-To-Port killer. Another anticlimactic ending really. He told everyone where he was, and expected to quick draw and kill SecNav before the other x amount of people put holes in him. Almost like he wanted to die. Anyway, he had Jimmy, Kort, and EJ there, but other than some drenched clothes, they were unharmed. Cobb tried to pull his gun, and he got shot and fell through the giant window.

Kort was never shown to be dead. I'm guessing Ray's text meant "kill him", but that death was never canonized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Everyone lived during the final scene with Jonas Cobb, the Port-To-Port killer. Another anticlimactic ending really. He told everyone where he was, and expected to quick draw and kill SecNav before the other x amount of people put holes in him. Almost like he wanted to die. Anyway, he had Jimmy, Kort, and EJ there, but other than some drenched clothes, they were unharmed. Cobb tried to pull his gun, and he got shot and fell through the giant window.
    Yeah, I rewatched it, when he clubs Kort with the pistol, for some reason I recalled him cutting his throat there. No clue where the memory is from, but oh well.

So yeah, ignore everything I said, Kort is out there I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much to say about the new episode except I liked it. Abby has a magic touch.

Yeah, Abby is an incredibly human character.

New episode:

spy stuff yadda yadda. OMG JIMMY'S GOING TO BE A DAD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda felt the opposite.

The Jimmy kid thing got old already, and it just seems like some crappy way to give him some kind of character. Every time they bother with Jimmy, they get halfway and forget about it. Like when Gibbs came back after retiring, it was revealed in a short scene that Jimmy was offering Tony advice during his time as lead. I liked the episode overall. Good humor. Kind of a look into as to what the show might be like if Gibbs wasn't there and Tony was the lead. I think it would make for a good cop comedy.

Last episode next week. Plot synopsis is pretty much what I expected. Gibbs gets a call and heads home because his dad died, team has an investigation while he's gone. I'm probably wrong, but it doesn't seem like the episode calls for a cliffhanger, which is protocol for season finales.

There was an interview with Gary Glasberg, he said there won't be a cliffhanger this time. I think that having a cliff-hanger on an episode that is basically "good-bye Ralph Waite" would be in rather bad taste.

Maybe I'm incredibly shallow but I had a hard time looking at that girl. Her nose was extremely funny looking and didn't fit her face at all.

I quite enjoyed last night's episode along with last's weeks episode. Nothing spectacular but I think it was a solid 8/10. It's a little weird not having an overall arc going into the season finale. Although it's also weird that we only have 1 episode left. It just doesn't feel like it's May yet.
    Last edited by Skippy88; 2014-05-07 at 06:07 PM.