Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In my pants.
    Posts
    11,115

    Code Geass R3 [Lelouch of the Resurrection]

    Figured we have Anime fans on this site so here you go.



    Lelouch is back baby. There is also going to be a movie this year recapping the events of the first 2 series. This isn't any alternate universe BS either. It's set a few years after Zero Requiem. SO GIT HYPED.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    I thought he killed that sister.
    It was the younger and naively innocent one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    SO GIT HYPED.
    I'll hold my excitement until the first episode airs.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Paladin / Warrior / My Anime List - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  4. #4
    Titan Keeper Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Throne of thunder, isle of thunder
    Posts
    13,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It was the younger and naively innocent one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'll hold my excitement until the first episode airs.
    Kill the liked one and keep the hated one. I need to rewatch r1 and r2

  5. #5
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,232
    Man, I was freakin OBSESSED with this show when it first came out. Got to say, I'm pretty excited for a third season, but after the travesty of the Madoka Magica movies, and the second season of Last Exile, I'm not hoping for much.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog eleven is live! This one is excting, featuring mentions of new bands, new labels and a team up with some ex Chelsea Footballers!

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/11-blog-11

  6. #6
    Love Code Geass, it's my third favorite anime. That said, part of the reason I like it so much is because the ending is perfect and ties up all you could hope for, so continuing it after a decade or so seems like an easy way to screw it up. I mean, the show basically ended with world peace, so not only do they need to make a fantastic show that can stand next to the previous two seasons, but they also need to make the resurrection and the main conflict and plot not seem like total BS, which is an uphill battle. I'll wait until I can binge it no matter what, and I'll probably only watch it if the consensus is postive.

  7. #7
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    14,287
    Echoing the above, but I was always on the "he's alive"; or at least, "he's not dead enough to never return" side of that particular debate so this doesn't necessarily take away from the ending for me. I also felt like they underused some really cool secondary characters in R2, like Cornelia (seriously, this chick was the bid badass villain of R1, she deserved better), so hopefully this is a chance to fix that. Ten. Years. Later.

    It's insane that it's getting a third season in the first place though. I knew Japan loved Lelouch, but enough to drag him out for another run after all this time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Man, I was freakin OBSESSED with this show when it first came out.
    Same here dude. I had a huge obsession with this shit back in 08.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2017-05-07 at 04:09 PM.

  8. #8
    Banned GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    36,965
    I really did like the show. It was Deathnote and Gundam FUSED TOGETHER like come on?

    Theres no other things to watch besides the first 2 seasons before this one right? I know somethings animes that had a hiatus have other content in between

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I really did like the show. It was Deathnote and Gundam FUSED TOGETHER like come on?

    Theres no other things to watch besides the first 2 seasons before this one right? I know somethings animes that had a hiatus have other content in between
    I too felt that Code Geass was a mix of Death Note and Gundam, both being series I really like, so something that combines the two like Code Geass does is pretty cool.

    There's something called Akito the Exiled, but that's a side thing that takes place between the two seasons according to Wikipedia, haven't seen it myself so can't give more detail than that.

  10. #10
    I am so glad they are bringing back the Lancelot Albion, though not a huge fan of the color scheme they went with. That mech was such a beautiful design and I was so sad to see it destroyed at the end of the second season.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I loved both seasons of the show and I am so glad it is coming back just to get back into the world. Truth be told from what I can remember there really aren't any plot threads left open so the only thing I can think of happening is some left over fragments of the Britanian royal family causing shit or some other world power rises up to take control.

  11. #11
    This is exciting. Just recently finished showing this to my girlfriend and she loved it. Will have to wait and see how it turns out.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Man, I was freakin OBSESSED with this show when it first came out. Got to say, I'm pretty excited for a third season, but after the travesty of the Madoka Magica movies, and the second season of Last Exile, I'm not hoping for much.
    I'm sorry, the travesty Madoka Magica movies?? The first two were just recaps with some slightly redone scenes and animation. The third movie was a fucking masterpiece of cinema however and I can only pity you if you disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  13. #13
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Same here dude. I had a huge obsession with this shit back in 08.
    Indeed, I swear I still get chills thinking of that final sequence, hearing Nunnally crying like that, while everyone around her cheers... yup. Just typing that gives me goosebumps.

    I'm actually getting more worried about this the more I think about it... The ending to R2 was so perfect, I don't want to get the Code Geass equivilent of the Near/Mello arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    I'm sorry, the travesty Madoka Magica movies?? The first two were just recaps with some slightly redone scenes and animation. The third movie was a fucking masterpiece of cinema however and I can only pity you if you disagree.
    You mean the movie where the ruined the amazing ending from the series, and strongly implied that Homura went evil because she's gay? the series is probably my favourite anime of all time, and would probably feature in my top ten, maybe even top five all time TV shows.

    The films, I watched once, and have spent the time since alternating between trying to forget them, and convincing as many other people as possible not to watch them.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog eleven is live! This one is excting, featuring mentions of new bands, new labels and a team up with some ex Chelsea Footballers!

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/11-blog-11

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You mean the movie where the ruined the amazing ending from the series, and strongly implied that Homura went evil because she's gay? the series is probably my favourite anime of all time, and would probably feature in my top ten, maybe even top five all time TV shows.

    The films, I watched once, and have spent the time since alternating between trying to forget them, and convincing as many other people as possible not to watch them.
    There's your problem right there. You're viewing one of the most grey scenarios as black and white. She by no means went "evil". I don't know how many times I have to explain this to people who just didn't understand or follow this movie. If you understood her character on a deeper level, you'd get this. Her actions were a LONG time coming from the unimaginable emotions she experienced from the main series. Can you imagine how mad that would drive someone? Then to accept the fate that Madoka will no longer be with her physically, only to be sucked back into a reality where she was with her, yet again, then taken away, yet again? It was a buildup that culminated in driving Homura into insanity and would do anything to be with her friend at that point, even if she had to brute force the universe into it being like that and undo Madoka's wish.

    The 3rd movie didn't ruin anything. It just developed the characters further into a surprising, yet logical situation. Don't try to deprive people of this movie just because you didn't like it.
    Last edited by bigfoot1291; 2017-05-07 at 05:32 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  15. #15
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,232
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    The 3rd movie didn't ruin anything. It just developed the characters further into a surprising, yet logical situation. Don't try to deprive people of this movie just because you didn't like it.
    I found the developments neither surprising nor logical... Not going to get drawn into an argument about it though, so lets just leave it here and focus on the return of Code Geass, woot woot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog eleven is live! This one is excting, featuring mentions of new bands, new labels and a team up with some ex Chelsea Footballers!

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/11-blog-11

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I found the developments neither surprising nor logical... Not going to get drawn into an argument about it though, so lets just leave it here and focus on the return of Code Geass, woot woot.
    Considering your argument against the movie, I'm actually legitimately surprised you're looking forward to a season 3 of Geass. S2 ended so flawlessly, they better have one hell of a story to tell with this new season. Definitely need to go into this with caution but hell, I'll stay optimistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,541
    Dub when? yes i said it

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,713
    IMO Code Geass had a perfect ending, which I can't say for most anime (even shows I really enjoyed overall), so a third season sounds like it'll ruin it for me. I'll probably still watch it though, so I can fairly judge it.

    >liking madoka tho
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  19. #19
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    11,232
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Considering your argument against the movie, I'm actually legitimately surprised you're looking forward to a season 3 of Geass. S2 ended so flawlessly, they better have one hell of a story to tell with this new season. Definitely need to go into this with caution but hell, I'll stay optimistic.
    Oh there is caution. LOTS of caution. Tbh, as I said above, the more I think of this, and the more I think about how much I freakin LOVED the ending to R2, the more worried I get about the new season.

    Add in the second season of Last Exile, which was garbage, and it's not looking great... But I have hope.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog eleven is live! This one is excting, featuring mentions of new bands, new labels and a team up with some ex Chelsea Footballers!

    http://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/11-blog-11

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •