Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I don't think I've laughed as much as I did watching the new episode.

I don't know if they intend to use the ex-wife more on the show, if Vance's suggestion was taken seriously, but I agree with Skippy that Fornell needs to be more active. The one thing I like most about him is he makes Gibbs human. Gibbs acts like a person, with a friend, when he's around. The problem is though, is that Diane can't be in ever episode, so you can't have those kinds of laughs all the time. I think it makes sense to use her more sparingly, but Fornell could be a good fit. Director though? No. Not gonna happen. Plus I think I've said before that Vance probably isn't going away for a while.

Did anyone else catch the reference to an older episode? Abby says something about they don't have a national directory of fish, or something like that. I think she was referring to one episode where they actually use the directory of turkey DNA (which exists in real life) to help solve the case.

They've already done the "use Gibb's ex as his boss" with Jenny Shepard as Director though.

The way I saw it Vance as a bit of a prank to put the 3 together as he had a somewhat evil grin when he did it. Having them a permanent team was just a continuing joke on his part. I don't think I could stand Diane being in every episode but Fornell I think would fit right it to the show. I think someone would have to leave the show though to make it work.

Aww, Tony called his goldfish "Kate"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Aww, Tony called his goldfish "Kate"
    That was basically the only thing interesting I got out of the new episode. Kind of bland, and I'm sick of Tony's dad episodes. They all end up the same.

Oh, I did like the callback to earlier in the series. Apparently they still watch "It's a Wonderful Life" together each year. Can't remember what season that was from.

Here I was thinking it was going to be a filler episode as people settle down after the holidays but what started as a simple murder went out of control by the end. Won't spoil it for people who haven't seen the episode but holy crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always use the spoiler tags, [spoiler][/spoiler]

I like the callback to when Tony was undercover during the Frog arc. Sean Murray still has a cold, he should really see a doctor about that....

Gibbs seems...friendlier? He's being more mellow about their idle banter it seems.

Wow, I feel like an ass. At first, I was thinking "oh come on, I don't give a crap about Vance's relationship with his wife." And then she's dead. So...yeah. That's two minor characters offed in the same episode. Can't wait for next week, when apparently it's World War 3.

Next week's episode is entitled "Shiva".

Shiva is the third member of the Hindu Trinity (alongside Brahma and Vishnu). He represents the force of Destruction.

I knew somebody was going to die because that thing tends to happen whenever the deputy director appears.
    The stills released were from Vance's house and Vance has two years to go on his contract, not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

They've already done the "use Gibb's ex as his boss" with Jenny Shepard as Director though.
    And took an absolutely gorgeous woman and made her look horrible with the worst hair styles imaginable.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like we might have our story for this season.

So Elon killed both of them? I don't really get what he would have to gain from that. Eli, if only because he wanted the job, but I just don't see that for some reason.

So many thoughts and questions so little time:

- What does the song young Ziva sang at the beginning signify?
    - I'm assuming Tony said "I Love You" at the end to Ziva?
    - What is that wall Ziva kisses and puts a piece of paper in?
    - Has the temp director been in any episodes before? I didn't recognize him.
    - Has Elon been in any episodes before? Once again I didn't recognize him

Like I said above last week I didn't realize it was a part 1 of an episode and thought since it was January. Once Eli dropped by I kind of wondered when they would pull the trigger on him dying and Ziva being offered the head position of Mossad. I didn't think it they would pull part of that so soon.

I also have been thinking it's been kind of weird we haven't seen any story arc being played out as you look at last season the final episode had it's beginning not only in the first episode and even the season before. The only thing that they seemed to be doing is pushing the Tony/Ziva relationship. Near the end of the part 1 I couldn't help but think maybe the that is the season story arc played out with a backdrop of her dad's death. Part 2 seemed to confirm that as it was Tony who comforted her throughout part 2. I didn't quite get why Ilan killed both Eli and Kazmi but I wasn't too surprised it was an Israeli who killed them. Obviously, the storyline will be played out in later episodes.

Next one is Feb. 5th. We are at episode 12 now and the last few seasons they have done 24 episodes so we are officially at the half way mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    They threw a lot of new characters in the episode, but what pisses me off is when they assume we know who they are. The other guy, the guy they questioned, that exploded at the end, who was he?

- What does the song young Ziva sang at the beginning signify?
    Think it is a Hebrew blessing, like saying Grace before a meal

- I'm assuming Tony said "I Love You" at the end to Ziva?
    He said aht lo leh-vahd which apparently means "you are not alone". She replied "I know".

- What is that wall Ziva kisses and puts a piece of paper in?
    Think it is the wall of the big synagogue in Jerusalem

- Has the temp director been in any episodes before? I didn't recognize him.
    No

- Has Elon been in any episodes before? Once again I didn't recognize him
    No

I didn't quite get why Ilan killed both Eli and Kazmi but I wasn't too surprised it was an Israeli who killed them.
    Peace between Iran and Israel would put him out of a job? Also, promotion by dead man's shoes. And, technically, it was a Swede that did the killing

Obviously, the storyline will be played out in later episodes.
    I'm guessing the final episode will be a showdown between Ziva and Elon

The other guy, the guy they questioned, that exploded at the end, who was he?
    Director of VEVAK, the Iranian Intelligence Agency (aka Eli David's counterpart, they grew up together). Was introduced in Part 1 last week.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-01-17 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Director of VEVAK, the Iranian Intelligence Agency (aka Eli David's counterpart, they grew up together). Was introduced in Part 1 last week.
    Shows how bad my memory is.

I was pretty sure Tony didn't say "I love you", unless they really wanted to pick that moment to open that up. The other stuff, I just assumed it was tradition stuff.

Next episode is on the 29th: The NCIS team investigates a Marine’s car accident and ignites some upsetting past memories for Abby as a young girl on the trail of her first “case.

Yay for Abby story

Thank you Butler. For some reason I wanted to understand everything about the episode. Was going to ask about the tree at the end too but that seemed self-explanatory. "You are not alone" does make more sense story wise than I Love You. I do wonder if the temp NCIS director is involved somehow. I think there's more to it then just a simple promotion or stopping a Iran-Isreal peace agreement.

The great news Shiva was the second highest rated episode in NCIS history at 22.3 million. Season 8's Freedom scored a 22.85 million.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:12 PM ----------

Hmmm, tv.com has that episode on the 5th. Either way we will find out in 2 weeks.

So, I wonder if this is where Gibbs gets his rules from:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...parenting.html
    Last edited by Skippy88; 2013-01-17 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Adding

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

I always cry at Abby episodes. Something about them always gets to me. In this case, I feel a similar way, that sometimes you think no matter what you do, it isn't enough.

Anyway, I was kind of hoping for a different conclusion. If she really wanted to feel like all that made a difference, maybe have Ricky show up and talk to her. I figured that's where it might lead to the whole time.

It was a nice episode, but I thought that the whole flash-back trigger thing was a bit contrived.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

I like episodes like this. While the threat was very dangerous and real, the entire time it had an upbeat feeling. They were just dicking with Kahn the whole time, and it was amusing. Sort of like the episode with Gibbs and Fornell's ex-wife. It ended kind of abruptly though. Now we've got two storylines going on that could be the main plot. The whole deal with Vance and his wife, and now finding M.C. I mean I assume this isn't something that they're just going to play as a single episode.

Maybe it'll end up as a plot cooked up by Ilom to distract the Americans while he makes his escape.