Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maybe it'll end up as a plot cooked up by Ilom to distract the Americans while he makes his escape.
    Ok, I'm lost. No idea who Ilom is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, I'm lost. No idea who Ilom is.
    That Mossad deputy director who had Eli David offed in Shalom.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Mossad deputy director who had Eli David offed in Shalom.
    Oh him. Yeah, he's still around too. Wow. We got three big things to deal with for the rest of the season.

I've got to say, they could make it a BIT less obvious that they aren't using a real IP address. I mean, 192.168.0.14 ... REALLY? If they'd actually tracked that one down it'd probably end in a janitor's office.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to say, they could make it a BIT less obvious that they aren't using a real IP address. I mean, 192.168.0.14 ... REALLY? If they'd actually tracked that one down it'd probably end in a janitor's office.
    Hah, yeah, where's the "555" in it?

Hah, yeah, where's the "555" in it?
    That's in the phone numbers they give. IP addresses only go up to 255.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-06 at 09:01 PM.

Laughed pretty good at the Probie Vance and Gibbs with an eye patch jokes. Not sure where they are going with Vance's storyline but I would assume it will playout in the season finale.

Previews for next week look good. Poor Jimmy he finally gets bumped to the opening credits and then he's hardly on. Then he gets kidnapped when he makes it back on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, the last two episodes have been rather meh. I do wonder, if the current deputy director ends up staying, how that's going to work out. He's more of a doormat than I am.

I've been watching older episodes due to boredom, and watched Power Down today. The beginning of the episode has a 20-something sitting in a dark room playing an online game. When the internet craps out (because there was a gunfight at the ISP), he screams out to his mother that the internet is down. Now, it's just the opening scene and has no bearing on the story, so then WHY would you just piss off a ton of people like that if you're a freaking TV show trying to get ratings? What a great way to guarantee people stop watching your show than to stereotype a large percentage of people (gamers).

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

Wow. We got a lot of time seeing Ducky and Jimmy interacting. He's really grown up. Finally. Even under duress (minus the terrible shooting), he didn't say one stupid thing. Sort of. Still though, it was pretty cool. They tricked the shit out of some stupid criminals. Even better, the episode actually felt unique. With a show like this, it can get pretty dull when each episode's premise is exactly the same. Seriously, go to a website with synopsis for each episode, and you'll see "Gibbs and team discover something unexpected during the investigation of a dead marine" way too many times.

Ok, so I was watching a couple older episodes. Season..7 I think. In two episodes, Gibbs and DiNozzo should be put in jail for a long time. The first episode, Gibbs' mother-in-law kills her fiance because she wanted revenge on the Reynosa cartel for killing Shannon and Kelly, and he was working for them. Gibbs intentionally gets a lawyer to catch him trying to arrest her FOR MURDER in his basement, so she's let go (since none of what she said could be used). Basically, he broke U.S. laws, and let a killer free. He should at the VERY least been fired immediately. Now, the second episode was about a guy getting shot, who went MIA in Afganistan several years before. The story here isn't important, because the guy was sitting in a hospital bed in critical condition, and Tony wants to peg him for info. The doctor warns him more than once not to go in, but he sneaks into his room, and runs up his heart rate by mentioning his new name, his old name, both his wives, and other stuff. Eventually he crashes, dies, and it was Tony's fault. Again, at the very least, it's involuntary manslaughter, and whatever penalty for breaking whatever laws he broke toward the hospital itself. I swear, it's like they could get away with murder.

I really liked last night's episode, it was nice to see a bit more of Ducky and Palmer than we usually do. Making an IED out of the body was a clever idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, did not like that the opening bit was very CSI:Miami with the cheesy one liner by the plumbing dude... Otherwise, I thought that was a fantastic episode. I like when Ducky has a bigger role.
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-02-27 at 05:35 PM.

New episode:

Wow. We got a lot of time seeing Ducky and Jimmy interacting. He's really grown up. Finally. Even under duress (minus the terrible shooting), he didn't say one stupid thing. Sort of. Still though, it was pretty cool. They tricked the shit out of some stupid criminals. Even better, the episode actually felt unique. With a show like this, it can get pretty dull when each episode's premise is exactly the same. Seriously, go to a website with synopsis for each episode, and you'll see "Gibbs and team discover something unexpected during the investigation of a dead marine" way too many times.

Ok, so I was watching a couple older episodes. Season..7 I think. In two episodes, Gibbs and DiNozzo should be put in jail for a long time. The first episode, Gibbs' mother-in-law kills her fiance because she wanted revenge on the Reynosa cartel for killing Shannon and Kelly, and he was working for them. Gibbs intentionally gets a lawyer to catch him trying to arrest her FOR MURDER in his basement, so she's let go (since none of what she said could be used). Basically, he broke U.S. laws, and let a killer free. He should at the VERY least been fired immediately. Now, the second episode was about a guy getting shot, who went MIA in Afganistan several years before. The story here isn't important, because the guy was sitting in a hospital bed in critical condition, and Tony wants to peg him for info. The doctor warns him more than once not to go in, but he sneaks into his room, and runs up his heart rate by mentioning his new name, his old name, both his wives, and other stuff. Eventually he crashes, dies, and it was Tony's fault. Again, at the very least, it's involuntary manslaughter, and whatever penalty for breaking whatever laws he broke toward the hospital itself. I swear, it's like they could get away with murder.
    I think you would find that in a lot of shows. All the cops in all Law & Order series should have been fired for one thing or the other. Not to mention Person of Interest, Hawaii 5-0, Nikita or The A-Team. Heck, I think even Michael Knight would have been locked up if the cops ever caught up to him & Kitt.

I think they get away with it because the audience knows it's good people doing bad things to bad people or good people doing bad things to help good people so in the end they don't mind too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I was wondering where Jimmy was, haven't seen him in awhile :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

I've caught an episode here and there, but never been really impressed.

Shows like NCIS make me ask the question: how come stuff like this gets renewed year after year, while brilliant shows struggle and get canceled.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've caught an episode here and there, but never been really impressed.

Shows like NCIS make me ask the question: how come stuff like this gets renewed year after year, while brilliant shows struggle and get canceled.
    Can't be too bad, it is the programme with the highest consistent ratings in its time slot in the US.

Can't be too bad, it is the programme with the highest consistent ratings in its time slot in the US.
    Sorry, but since absolutely fantastic shows like Fringe, Community or Chuck (just to name three, there are tons more) struggle with poor ratings, I've learned that they don't tell anything about the quality of the show.

Edit:

I guess it's fair that I elaborate little on why I'm not too impressed by NCIS... I like shows that are character driven (vs plot driven), and in my experience there's very little character development in this show. I can pick a random S2 episode and then watch some S8 stuff afterwards and the characters appear to be exactly the same.
    Last edited by Jon; 2013-02-28 at 06:05 PM.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Sorry, but since absolutely fantastic shows like Fringe, Community or Chuck (just to name three, there are tons more) struggle with poor ratings, I've learned that they don't tell anything about the quality of the show.

Edit:

I guess it's fair that I elaborate little on why I'm not too impressed by NCIS... I like shows that are character driven (vs plot driven), and in my experience there's very little character development in this show. I can pick a random S2 episode and then watch some S8 stuff afterwards and the characters appear to be exactly the same.
    You can't say "I've watched an episode here and there" and then say "There's very little character development". Watch a season or two then say the same thing. There's plenty of character development in NCIS.

And comparing that to Fringe, you could say the same thing about Olivia if you picked two random episodes from a couple different seasons.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit:

There is a lot of character development. If you watch through the season, you will see it. You get very attached to the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    There is a lot of character development. If you watch through the season, you will see it. You get very attached to the characters.
    To be fair, it's very subtle and takes a backseat to everything else. You can tell in newer episodes that Gibbs is much more friendly when it comes to, like hanging out with the rest of the team, but how often do you see that actually happening? Once a season? There isn't much character development really. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything for Abby, at all. And how often to we see DiNozzo and Jimmy acting friendly toward each other? Again, about once a season. Jimmy is the only one really with noticeable development, outside maybe Gibbs.

It's just the nature of the show. These kind of shows don't really focus on that from what I gather. You watch it for the character interactions, and for the (limited) storylines.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it's very subtle and takes a backseat to everything else. You can tell in newer episodes that Gibbs is much more friendly when it comes to, like hanging out with the rest of the team, but how often do you see that actually happening? Once a season? There isn't much character development really. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything for Abby, at all. And how often to we see DiNozzo and Jimmy acting friendly toward each other? Again, about once a season. Jimmy is the only one really with noticeable development, outside maybe Gibbs.

It's just the nature of the show. These kind of shows don't really focus on that from what I gather. You watch it for the character interactions, and for the (limited) storylines.
    They have had the same characters for 10 seasons with the exception of Tziva who replaced Kate because Sasha Alexander didn't think the show would last. You know so much about all the characters, just because it isn't the central focal point of the show, doesn't mean it isn't there. Do you really want to watch a show with them all sitting around a fire telling stories? It develops through the seasons. Unless you've watched them all, I don't think you can really comment on them :-/ If you just watch episodes here and there, you won't really understand the character development because they intentionally don't beat you over the head with it.

And nothing with Abby? She had an entire episode dedicated to her this season that shows the whole reason she became a forensic scientist. You've learned pretty much everyone's back story except for Jimmy who wasn't even promoted to a season regular until the 10th season.