Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why did the DoD not shut Parsons' investigation down earlier?
    What was that Navy SEAL doing with radiation?
    Who is Gibbs' target?
    How did the Navy Commander in the final scene get injured?
    What about McGee, Ziva and Tony?
    If the proceedings against Gibbs were only suspended, it means that they can be un-suspended.

It kind of reminded me of Once Upon A Time where the writers there came up with an idea mid-season of where they wanted to end the season storywise but the journey to get to that spot was very odd. I didn't see a trailer for this week's episode but I fully expected a full on court case. Instead we had Gibbs for 90% of the episode wrestling with himself. You had the severed head investigation which never got resolved and pushed into the background. Fully expected a Tony/Ziva moment which we got but it felt a repeat of previous moments. Literally, for 55 minutes (including commercials) I was scratching my head wondering where they were going with everything.

Then we get into the last 5 minutes and since the set-up wasn't done very well everything felt like it happened out of the blue. From Parson's investigation being stopped, to the team quitting, and 4 months later Gibbs assasinating someone. However, if you read between the lines I think what we are dealing with is a NCIS/Homeland Security/whomever the Black guy works going after the CIA for the assassination of the Iranian. It would explain why Fornell was there at the end as he's CIA. He also opened the door for someone so that might be the person Gibbs shot or it could be whomever killed the team in that room. However, the way they did the ending the possibilities are endless.

Only 4 months to go until the next new episode!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was I the only one hoping that when they went to that cabin in the woods, there would be 3 boats parked outside, all the ones Gibbs made lol

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:11 PM ----------

Also, to me it looked as if Fornell was in on whatever the plan was. It was almost as if he looked directly at Gibbs while getting ready to open the car door.

I have a feeling the dead Navy SEALS member was killed by an Iranian in response to the CIA taking out Kazmi. The fact that it is irradiated could mean they are sending a message that they have a working nuclear bomb, and now Gibbs is being sent to Iran to deal with it. Tony, Ziva and McGee will show up to help in some way. Seems kind of ridiculous that I think Gibbs is being sent to disarm Iran of a nuclear weapon, but I like to dream big lol

Reg I had a mental image of Iranians turning towards to each other and saying "Fuck Gibbs is on the scene. We are so screwed".

10+ Year Old Account
    Skippy, Fornell is FBI, not CIA. So him being there only raises further questions

Reg, remember, one of his boats was taken apart when it was a crime scene, when Mike's daughter's mom went looking for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Reg, remember, one of his boats was taken apart when it was a crime scene, when Mike's daughter's mom went looking for her.
    Oh yeah... Still, I think the number one question about Gibbs is where all his boats go when he is done lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Oh yeah... Still, I think the number one question about Gibbs is where all his boats go when he is done lol
    I was expecting that question to be answered for some reason. Near the end of the episode, He starts pulling a panel out of his wall.

@Skippy: Fornell is a senior field agent at the FBI

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 09:43 PM ----------

I was expecting that question to be answered for some reason. Near the end of the episode, He starts pulling a panel out of his wall.
    That's where he had hidden Mike Franks' "insurance policy".

He burned one of the boats, because he had called it "Diana". Guess why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That's where he had hidden Mike Franks' "insurance policy".
    Oh yeah, I know. I was thinking that as it was happening though. I guess because they had already established he built the cabin, so I thought, maybe.

I don't remember him burning (or mentioning burning) the boat named "Diana".

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I know. I was thinking that as it was happening though. I guess because they had already established he built the cabin, so I thought, maybe.

I don't remember him burning (or mentioning burning) the boat named "Diana".
    Back in Season 3, early in the season, he is in the basement with Jenny. She asks if the boat is the same one he was working on years earlier. Gibbs said no, he burned it.

Skippy, Fornell is FBI, not CIA. So him being there only raises further questions

I knew that I was just testing everyone and congratulations you all passed. (*Preys you all bought that*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Mark Harmon has emotions http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/vi...must-confess-/

Also, apparently, Michael Weatherly plays a character that resembles himself. At least from what I saw.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I finished the series again, and went back and watched season 1, because I always skip season 1. Because it's different. And yes, I know that things are going to change, and I'm not complaining. Merely pointing them out. But what are the differences?

Gibbs is more personable. Like, he has emotions other than anger. He understands some references, and even though he hates technology, still kind of seems to understand a little of it.

There's a lot of emphasis on Abby's procedures. IN stead of Gibbs just walking in and saying "whatdya got?", you see montage showing what she's doing.

Abby and Ducky's relationship. Ducky spends more time in her lab in season than I think total throughout the rest of the series. It would almost be a little creepy, but I don't think it was intended to go "there".

Gibbs enjoys Abby's eccentricities. Holy crap I spelled that right. I don't mean her rambling explanations of what she's doing, I mean her weird comments on stuff. He actually laughs at them.

Gibbs is really angry. Even before Ari shows up, but definitely after. He even yells at Abby, twice that I recall. It's actually a little sad.

"Grab your gear". Tony remarks early in the season how that's his three favorite words (I think the body got them out of a sexual harassment lecture. Huh, not the last time that happens). But you only hear it, maybe, three times the entire season. And even when he's at the point where it makes sense to say it, he doesn't. He usually says "let's go", or something like that.

Abby's mom is alive. Kate or someone is talking to her about a gift she got for her mom. Aren't both her parents (adopted, as we found out later) dead from a car crash I think?

Tony......huh. I can't think of any difference with Tony. Wow. He did have less of a movie/TV trivia knowledge early on, but it developed pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    How far do the writers think ahead? I just watched the season 6 episode, "Heartland", which is where we first meet Gibbs' father. McGee points to a picture of the opening of Jackson's store, and it clearly shows him with a black man. he mentions him and "LJ", something he never calls his son. later on, in season 10, in "Namesake", we meet that other man, who is named Leeroy Jethro. Surely they had it all planned out beforehand, right?

I can't remember if it was Buffy or Angel or it could have been some other show but it was a behind the scene segment on a DVD. Anyways, from what I remember there's a 2 month break in between them filming a season finale and them starting to film the next season premiere. As episodes get done they have a black book where they write down ideas for future episodes. At the time of the season finale they usually have a general idea of where the main storyline is going to go. Then they go away for 2 months coming up with ideas. Then when they come back they then plot out more of the storylines using the ideas they come up with over the break and the black book. LJ in season 6 could have been thought as a future episode but they never got around to it. Or one of the writers like you watched an old episode and got the idea that way. Either way it's pretty neat they were able to keep continuity going when some tv shows don't do that at all.

As an aside I read a story a couple weeks back with one of the producers and he said they will show what leads up to Gibbs and the shooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I figure that the season premier will be like a flashback, to before the last scene in the finale.

But to the LJ thing, go watch "Heartland", and see the discussion. It seems like they really were making it clear that "LJ" was the guy in the photo. I love the continuity, like you said, but I still think that was planned all along.

On another note I had an e-mail from Amazon announcing Season 10 will be out on DVD on August 20th. The cool part for me is having Jimmy included on the cover.

It definitely took them way too long to get Brian Dietzen on the title credits as a full-time cast member.

I love the jokes he makes and then the looks he gets from Gibbs. They always make me laugh. Don't quote me but I think he was involved with plays when the show was filming which prevented him from becoming a regular cast member.

I think Jimmy has taken over the "inappropriate joker" role from Tony over the years.