Disc @ 90? Is it worth it?

Im starting to get a little worried about level 90 as I just hit 88 and my leveling speed seems to be picking up. I looked over all the Challenge Mode leader boards and havent seen a single healer priest. All of them are shadow and every group seems to be running resto druid or resto shaman. Should I be worried? If the best players in the world, who are playing with people they have probably played with for the last 3-5 years, cant even play their priests good enough to heal these things how is a normal player like myself with no guild going to be able to do them? Are priests really that bad off right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    All healers are viable on Challenge Modes, didn't blizz even use a Disc on their livestream? Shadow is just really potent in Challenge Modes it seems, a majority of the comps on Beta involved Shadow as well. Don't fret too much, people are probably just using what they have onhand right now, even top guilds. Not everyone is gonna have their gear setup and stuff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    All healers are viable on Challenge Modes, didn't blizz even use a Disc on their livestream?
    Im still confused about challenge modes anyways will there be a spot in LFD where you queue for them? I want to eventually do them but I dont have a guild and as usual my server will probably demand you already have some retarded low time just to get a spot in a group. What havent done it in 3 minutes? Sorry no group for you.

Also as to just Heroics I guess priests are still fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Im still confused about challenge modes anyways will there be a spot in LFD where you queue for them? I want to eventually do them but I dont have a guild and as usual my server will probably demand you already have some retarded low time just to get a spot in a group. What havent done it in 3 minutes? Sorry no group for you.

That's not really the point of challenge modes.

I wouldn't worry about heroics. They feel exactly the same as normal dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post

Nope, sorry. Think of 5 man heroics as LFR and Challenge Modes as 5 man "raids". Can't queue for them, need to group with server people. I think they may expand this at a later date, but you never know.

And heroic, a shadow priest could probably heal. Heroics 5 mans are now just "level 90 5 mans". Honestly, they're nothing special. Kinda sad, but the new "heroics" are Challenge modes.

Cool I finally started loving atonement healing I assume I can still do that once I hit 90 and start doing Heroics? I always played Holy so Disc is kinda new to me and even when I tried it a little during Cata I didnt pick up atonement talents. But now I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Nope, sorry. Think of 5 man heroics as LFR and Challenge Modes as 5 man "raids". Can't queue for them, need to group with server people. I think they may expand this at a later date, but you never know.

And heroic, a shadow priest could probably heal. Heroics 5 mans are now just "level 90 5 mans". Honestly, they're nothing special. Kinda sad, but the new "heroics" are Challenge modes.
    The new leaderboard site on the front page features quite a few groups with 1 tank and 4 dps, including a shadow priest. Also a few Disc, as I'd expected. Surprised at the number of Healadins though. Shouldn't Disc and Mistweavers have the advantage due to their DPS output?

Quote Originally Posted by Sattori View Post
    The new leaderboard site on the front page features quite a few groups with 1 tank and 4 dps, including a shadow priest. Also a few Disc, as I'd expected. Surprised at the number of Healadins though. Shouldn't Disc and Mistweavers have the advantage due to their DPS output?
    I can assure you its very unlikely they are doing it without an healer, the new challenge modes are pretty tough (ran 2 myself so far). Some rankings are showing 4 dps atm because its a bug. We cleared gate of the setting sun last night with a resto sham who after completing is showing as a dps. I have had a few whispers today asking how we did it as 4dps and setting the record straight about it.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

disc should be very VERY good for challenge modes if you play right, just look at the blizzard QA vs blood legion challenge mode run that disc hardly used any pure healing spells mostely healed with atonement. mistweavers are gonna be just as good as priests due to doing damage and healing at the same time which is highly valuable in challenge modes.

if anything i'm surprised there is that many paladins though i guess they do have alot of free healing cutting down the need for quick mana breaks

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    I can assure you its very unlikely they are doing it without an healer, the new challenge modes are pretty tough (ran 2 myself so far). Some rankings are showing 4 dps atm because its a bug. We cleared gate of the setting sun last night with a resto sham who after completing is showing as a dps. I have had a few whispers today asking how we did it as 4dps and setting the record straight about it.
    Dps have nice off heals these days though and DK tanks their heals are pretty bomb.