1. #1
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,749

    Email authentication

    First off, I'm very sorry if this has been answered somewhere on this sub-forum but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

    4 days ago, I got the "you must first authenticate your email address" thing when I tried to log in. I've waited. No email (not even in my spam folder). I've tweeted Anet (4 times). I've called them (425-462-9444), but I'm getting no where. I'd really like to play but I'm locked out. Is there anything that I can do as well to either get Anet's attention for help, or something I'm over looking?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    First off, I'm very sorry if this has been answered somewhere on this sub-forum but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

    4 days ago, I got the "you must first authenticate your email address" thing when I tried to log in. I've waited. No email (not even in my spam folder). I've tweeted Anet (4 times). I've called them (425-462-9444), but I'm getting no where. I'd really like to play but I'm locked out. Is there anything that I can do as well to either get Anet's attention for help, or something I'm over looking?
    Some emails block Anet entirely thinking its a "bad site" mine puts them in junkmail which I changed. Try changing your email settings so it doesn't do that.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Tintenkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    .de
    Posts
    354
    Instead of tweeting try it with a real ticket via their ticket system.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Some emails block Anet entirely thinking its a "bad site" mine puts them in junkmail which I changed. Try changing your email settings so it doesn't do that.
    My mail carrier has a folder marked "spam" for anything that doesn't go to my inbox. I frequently check it just to make sure it doesn't go in there.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    You can post on the support forums with a separate support account. Try there!

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    You can post on the support forums with a separate support account. Try there!
    I did that and when I tried to sign into the forums, it said "user name/email address not found."

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 08:03 AM ----------

    Okay, so I got a ticket submited... but they want my account name with the 4 digit code.... since I haven't used the forums there since April, I have no idea what my "forum" ID is. I can't find any email from them with that information in it... I swear, if they keep me locked out of my account because of this...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I did that and when I tried to sign into the forums, it said "user name/email address not found."

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 08:03 AM ----------

    Okay, so I got a ticket submited... but they want my account name with the 4 digit code.... since I haven't used the forums there since April, I have no idea what my "forum" ID is. I can't find any email from them with that information in it... I swear, if they keep me locked out of my account because of this...
    Give them sufficient information that will uniquely identify your account, be it your name+4 digits, or your serial code, or (hopefully this one still works) name and date (if possible) of first character created on the account. Enough information to uniquely identify both your account and you as the owner of the account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Give them sufficient information that will uniquely identify your account, be it your name+4 digits, or your serial code, or (hopefully this one still works) name and date (if possible) of first character created on the account. Enough information to uniquely identify both your account and you as the owner of the account.
    Yeah, I gave my name plus the serial (because idk what my name+4 digits is... I don't use their forums a lot). Instead of shooting me my authentication email, they just reset my password. -_-
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •