Poll: What would you do in this situation?

Thread: Would you vote?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Vote for yourself. That's what I'm doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Vote for the person you think is best for the job. Your parents should not try and dictate your political leanings. And be honest about who you voted for. If either of them don't like it - tough. What're they going to do? Talk at you?
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I personally voted for the 2nd option, since it is the closest to what I would do.

I would do research on the candidates, and I mean honest to God research, which every voter should do, then discuss with BOTH of your parents why they want to vote for one party or the other.

At that point you will be able to decide for yourself which candidate is for you, and which doesn't suit you given information passed on by your parents, both of which are most likely drastically misinformed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually you don't really have a choice when there's only 2 parties involved, but I suggest vote, and as a European I say: vote Obama, because socialsm is awesome.
    Romney will make the rich, richer and the poor poorer

Vote for whoever you want and don't tell them, I believe it's worst way of invading your privacy if they force you to answer who you voted for. Let them believe whatever they want, and if it's so important to them, ask them who is more important to them, Obama, Romney or their own son. I live in a 3rd world countury and sometimes I can't believe what people prioritize in their lives.

Your problem isn't politics, your problem is that your parents can't respect a difference in opinion, nor your wish to not argue about politics. I doubt it will matter if you vote or not; like you said, if you do it sounds like they will either badger you into admitting it or assume you voted for the "wrong" candidate if you don't say, and if you don't' vote they'll just be pissed anyway. As for how to deal with your parents, I don't really have any good advice.

I hope you don't just end up voting based on which candidate will cause the least grief with your parents, because that just makes a huge mockery of the whole system.

Deleted
    Vote for whomever you feel is best. Your parents are not slave owners and you're old enough to start taking your own decisions. If they will later feel they should break up with you and never see you because you voted for whomever you did, means your parents are more childish then actual children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Vote for whoever you think is going to do the right job and tell them whoever you voted for is none of their business.
    This. Too bad it's not on the poll