1. #2721
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    How do we do that?
    Hugs and gifts?
    Proving that you care enough about your fellow human beings not to hurt them for your own personal gain. I think we can all agree this should be a basic function of life.

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  2. #2722
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    I prefer energy over rage anyday.
    With energy I just feel so powerless.. I can just wait for it to recharge.


  3. #2723
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,678
    Go to train up LW on monk
    Medium leather 400g/stack
    fml

  4. #2724
    People are not like sheep. In a panic, when the situation is dire, sheep just run, they don't bite the sheep next to them. Yes, it is actually quite unfair to the sheep to compare them to humans.

    -Author of which I can't remember

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  5. #2725
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Proving that you care enough about your fellow human beings not to hurt them for your own personal gain. I think we can all agree this should be a basic function of life.
    Depends how much gain and how much hurting.. If it's just 1 small broken promise for 1m+ dollars..


  6. #2726
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Depends how much gain and how much hurting.. If it's just 1 small broken promise for 1m+ dollars..
    You will forever sit at Asshole rank then.

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  7. #2727
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    No more breaks. Everyone will start at "Asshole" rank, and they will have to prove they deserve better
    Just don't go in a killing spree without inviting me, and plenty of amunition :3 :3 :3
    pro-gun liberal

  8. #2728
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    You will forever sit at Asshole rank then.
    I'm going to make it up to whoever it was, but I'd still take the moneyz.


  9. #2729
    Blademaster Mr Klocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    You will forever sit at Asshole rank then.
    Yeah. I kind of agree with you on that one frey. I mean, come on, breaking a promise to a friend/family member, no matter for what the gain, just isn't right. And sometimes it's the small promises that hurt the most when they are broken.

  10. #2730
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Proving that you care enough about your fellow human beings not to hurt them for your own personal gain. I think we can all agree this should be a basic function of life.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Depends how much gain and how much hurting.. If it's just 1 small broken promise for 1m+ dollars..
    And then there's the "button scenario"
    Press the button, a random person who you do not know will die and you will get a million dollar. Press it?

  11. #2731
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    No more breaks. Everyone will start at "Asshole" rank, and they will have to prove they deserve better
    If there is even a single thing that I refuse to condone, it's this. "Guilty until proven innocent" or anything similar to it = disgusting.

  12. #2732
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Just don't go in a killing spree without inviting me, and plenty of amunition :3 :3 :3
    I wouldn't want to be killed, so I'm not going to kill anyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    If there is even a single thing that I refuse to condone, it's this. "Guilty until proven innocent" or anything similar to it = disgusting.
    You either start people out here, or get hurt far too often because of it

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  13. #2733
    Blademaster Mr Klocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    Yes.

    And then there's the "button scenario"
    Press the button, a random person who you do not know will die and you will get a million dollar. Press it?
    In the button scenario, you have to consider every factor. Like, who is the person, a good family man who is a well respected citizen of his country, or a homeless drunk who just steals and lies to get his next drop of alcohol? And what will you do with the money? Spend it all on personal gain, or donate it all to charity to save hundreds to thousands of lives? Every factor has to be considered in that button situation. Especially if you become the "next person who dies" if you press it once someone else is asked.

  14. #2734
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    And then there's the "button scenario"
    Press the button, a random person who you do not know will die and you will get a million dollar. Press it?
    Depends how you define knowing someone.. Do I know someone if I've talked to them once? If I've only seen them on TV?


  15. #2735
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    You either start people out here, or get hurt far too often because of it
    Or you simply do not allow yourself to get hurt.

    Simply upping your pain threshold instead of giving everyone else less of a chance makes you a much more pleasant person.

  16. #2736
    Mechagnome Runeweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    幻想郷
    Posts
    657
    Right, I think I'll perhaps sit this one out for reasons.

  17. #2737
    Bloodsail Admiral kortin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    In the button scenario, you have to consider every factor. Like, who is the person, a good family man who is a well respected citizen of his country, or a homeless drunk who just steals and lies to get his next drop of alcohol? And what will you do with the money? Spend it all on personal gain, or donate it all to charity to save hundreds to thousands of lives? Every factor has to be considered in that button situation. Especially if you become the "next person who dies" if you press it once someone else is asked.
    what's up with the Freddie Mercury getup, yo
    "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes."

    Avatar Picture | "The cold never bothered me anyway." | Kortin's Music List!

  18. #2738
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Right, I think I'll perhaps sit this one out for reasons.
    Ok, have fun Rune.


  19. #2739
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    In the button scenario, you have to consider every factor. Like, who is the person, a good family man who is a well respected citizen of his country, or a homeless drunk who just steals and lies to get his next drop of alcohol? And what will you do with the money? Spend it all on personal gain, or donate it all to charity to save hundreds to thousands of lives? Every factor has to be considered in that button situation. Especially if you become the "next person who dies" if you press it once someone else is asked.
    But the thing is, you don't know who he is. You might never know who you killed. Was it a peaceful death?
    If you've just lost your job, got a fair amount of debt and still a family to feed, does that change the situation? Even if you're the next person, would you press it only to give the money to your family? Is that selfish?

  20. #2740

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •