1. #3001
    Bloodsail Admiral kortin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It always confuses me when people say something like this. It's like, having a second character is taboo. I'm not saying it's what you're doing, but sometimes I forget that some people only play one character, but at the same time, it's weird when they're surprised when some people play more.
    I have 11 characters on my main realm. I have a level 74 Worgen Warrior on another, and a 72 Human Mage on even another.
    "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes."

    Avatar Picture | "The cold never bothered me anyway." | Kortin's Music List!

  2. #3002
    Blademaster Mr Klocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But it's OBLITERATE. Which is better.


    I'm gonna asume you haven't tried Mastery frost then?
    I have, it's still boring. I don't like frost. When ever I played it I had far too much downtime, I was auto attacking 50% of the time, and the dps was about equal to unholy, where I was able to do something with my time the ENTIRE fight.

  3. #3003
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    (´・ω・`)
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Kortin strong

  4. #3004
    Field Marshal Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But it's OBLITERATE. Which is better.
    A strike as dealt directly by the scourge sure is obliterating. An obliterating strike does not strike like the scourge though.

  5. #3005
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well, I would list all the classes I have 85+, but it's faster just saying I don't have a rouge or monk there yet..
    Got my monk to 85 today (last class), trying to level up her LW/skinning before doing 85-90...
    Fuck LW, whoever designed 8-16 leather per skill should die horribly.

  6. #3006
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    940
    Seeing so many of my predecessors get rejected despite having such good personal statements and dossiers is really not doing much to help my confidence.

  7. #3007
    Blademaster Mr Klocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It really depends on what you're doing. For leveling, nothing beats Blood. Frost works a lot like ret pallies, in that a lot of your dps comes from random procs. It makes it really hard to kill stuff by yourself when those things don't proc. I'd rather go with something more consistent, and in this case, has more survivability and self-healing.
    Oh yeah, I always level as blood, you can LIVE through shit AND do a ton of damage while doing it. But for end-game dps I prefer unholy, mostly for the reasons I just listed and I'm too lazy to list em again.

  8. #3008
    Pit Lord Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Pfft. So making people a little chilly is more fun than spreading unholy diseases upon the world and watching them suffer more and more with every passing second? Yeah, sure.
    Frost:
    An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering vicious weapon strikes.

    Unholy:
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his bidding.

    Why split the credit with your pet when you can take it all for yourself?

  9. #3009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Frost:
    An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering vicious weapon strikes.

    Unholy:
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his bidding.

    Why split the credit with your pet when you can take it all for yourself?
    It's not splitting the credit when it is your minion.

  10. #3010
    Blademaster Mr Klocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Frost:
    An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering vicious weapon strikes.

    Unholy:
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his bidding.

    Why split the credit with your pet when you can take it all for yourself?
    Because having a badass ghoul (or abberation when it's transformed) to fight by your side is always fun.

  11. #3011
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,703
    I only had my main spriest, a lowly geared 85 lock, and like every other time I made a DK, PVPed to 70-80, and deleted it.

    Is not that I disliked the class, I just loved the 60-70 PVP.

    And couldn't find a clever name.
    pro-gun liberal

  12. #3012
    Pit Lord Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    A strike as dealt directly by the scourge sure is obliterating. An obliterating strike does not strike like the scourge though.
    I'm just gonna stop this now.. It's all personal preference so we won't get anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    I have, it's still boring. I don't like frost. When ever I played it I had far too much downtime, I was auto attacking 50% of the time, and the dps was about equal to unholy, where I was able to do something with my time the ENTIRE fight.
    Well, I don't find myself having too much downtime (I do atm, but that's cuz my gear is SHIT)

  13. #3013
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    940
    As for some of the personal statements that I found online...

    "during KS3 I attempted to solve GCSE questions for a challenge"

    How is a non-native speaker even supposed to know what these mean, much less use them so freely in their personal statements? I hate how important the PS is. I stand no chance against these people. Native English speakers have a humongous advantage.

  14. #3014
    Pit Lord Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Because having a badass ghoul (or abberation when it's transformed) to fight by your side is always fun.
    Maybe..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    It's not splitting the credit when it is your minion.
    It is. Everyone knows you wouldn't do as well if it wasn't for that minion.

  15. #3015
    Blademaster Mr Klocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm just gonna stop this now.. It's all personal preference so we won't get anywhere.


    Well, I don't find myself having too much downtime (I do atm, but that's cuz my gear is SHIT)
    I always found myself with a ton of downtime while playing frost, about 50% of the time i'm doing nothing but auto attacking. While playing unholy though only about 20% of the time i'm stuck with nothing to do

  16. #3016
    Field Marshal Djoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Frost:
    An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering vicious weapon strikes.

    Unholy:
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his bidding.

    Why split the credit with your pet when you can take it all for yourself?
    Keep your 13sec silence while we stand around, channeling certain death right into the enemies base.
    ...wait, that's the wrong games.

    But really, channeling runic power? wow, exciting. are you a wand or what?
    vicious weapon strikes? come on, even warriors can do that.

    Spreading infection? Hehehe....

    Controll minions? Sure, why do all the "vicious weapon strikes" yourself when others can do them.

  17. #3017
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,703
    pro-gun liberal

  18. #3018
    Pit Lord Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    I always found myself with a ton of downtime while playing frost, about 50% of the time i'm doing nothing but auto attacking. While playing unholy though only about 20% of the time i'm stuck with nothing to do
    Atm I'm doing nothing about 30% of the time. At 85 when I had decent gear it was about 10%.

  19. #3019
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    As for some of the personal statements that I found online...

    "during KS3 I attempted to solve GCSE questions for a challenge"

    How is a non-native speaker even supposed to know what these mean, much less use them so freely in their personal statements? I hate how important the PS is. I stand no chance against these people. Native English speakers have a humongous advantage.
    More reasons to dislike acronyms.
    pro-gun liberal

  20. #3020
    Pit Lord Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Keep your 13sec silence while we stand around, channeling certain death right into the enemies base.
    ...wait, that's the wrong games.

    But really, channeling runic power? wow, exciting. are you a wand or what?
    vicious weapon strikes? come on, even warriors can do that.

    Spreading infection? Hehehe....

    Controll minions? Sure, why do all the "vicious weapon strikes" yourself when others can do them.
    Because getting all the credit beats getting some of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Using Ø instead of O.. You win.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •