1. #51741
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,143
    Ok, so here's a thought. Early on, Pinkie says she knows everyone's name in Ponyville. We find this to definitely be true.

    However, later on, we see each of the Mane 6 calling a lot of background characters by name, and never seeming to not know someone. That's fine. Other than Twilight, it makes sense, given they've lived there a long time. Even Twilight could have learned everyone's name.

    But then, we see situations where it seems like they don't know everyone. In Hurricane Fluttershy, we see a ton of characters treating Fluttershy like shit. Now, given the community nature of the town, one would assume they know her and know how she is. So either a LOT of people in Ponyville are jerks, or the show has given a wrong feeling about the town. This doesn't even go into the fact they should be the most well-known ponies in Equestria after taking out Discord. So everyone SHOULD know them, but even still, they should know at least everyone in Ponyville.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  2. #51742
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    DAMN STRAIGHT! I would so ride a raptor instead of a horse!
    Me too! But I don't think my raptor and I would be good friends. :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I has a raptor mount
    \ 0 /

  3. #51743
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hupcYl.jpg[IMG]

    There you go. My drawing. Happy? :>
    The thing that looks most odd to me is his forehead, and I can't really tell what those lines are meant to be. Scars perhaps? Clint himself doesn't have much going on with his forehead except when he raises his eyebrows and gets the normal lines from that. I'd probably suggest just giving him a boring smooth forehead unless the intent was to really make him rugged.

    There's a bit of asymmetry regarding his nose, philtrum (gap between top lip and nose, and Firefox doesn't recognize the word), lips, and chin such that it looks like his head is turned a bit but didn't take the chin with it kinda like he was grinding his teeth on one side. Speaking of the asymmetry, the peaks of the top lip always meet what are called the philtral columns, perhaps better known as the things some hold down to help stop a nosebleed.

    I like how you've done the nose, mostly because it's something a lot of people tend to mess up on and have look odd but you didn't. The shading is excellent. It simply looks as a nose should right down to the little dent in the middle on the end. Likewise, the chin is well-defined and is almost exactly what one would expect with it aside from being very flat at the bottom which is not typical among people. The jawline is a bit hard to follow though, mostly because there's usually more contrast thanks to shadows depending on the lighting angle.

    His cheeks look a bit off, especially on the left side. Most people only have one curve at the same vertical level as the nose yet you have three there. More of the added ruggedness?

    This all isn't to say you haven't done a great job of course, but since I have a bit of fascination with anatomy I feel like pointing out anatomical irregularities might help. If you intended to have those irregularities then you've done a damn good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  4. #51744
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    935
    I just slept 9 hours.

    Bull.

  5. #51745
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I just slept 9 hours.

    Bull.
    Hello Coffer! Are you saying bull because it was too much, or too little sleep?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  6. #51746
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    I just slept 9 hours.

    Bull.
    Good morning Coffer-chan

  7. #51747
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    935
    Wow. On the night of his victory, Obama returned to Reddit. That's something.

  8. #51748
    Blademaster Mr Klocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    The thing that looks most odd to me is his forehead, and I can't really tell what those lines are meant to be. Scars perhaps? Clint himself doesn't have much going on with his forehead except when he raises his eyebrows and gets the normal lines from that. I'd probably suggest just giving him a boring smooth forehead unless the intent was to really make him rugged.

    There's a bit of asymmetry regarding his nose, philtrum (gap between top lip and nose, and Firefox doesn't recognize the word), lips, and chin such that it looks like his head is turned a bit but didn't take the chin with it kinda like he was grinding his teeth on one side. Speaking of the asymmetry, the peaks of the top lip always meet what are called the philtral columns, perhaps better known as the things some hold down to help stop a nosebleed.

    I like how you've done the nose, mostly because it's something a lot of people tend to mess up on and have look odd but you didn't. The shading is excellent. It simply looks as a nose should right down to the little dent in the middle on the end. Likewise, the chin is well-defined and is almost exactly what one would expect with it aside from being very flat at the bottom which is not typical among people. The jawline is a bit hard to follow though, mostly because there's usually more contrast thanks to shadows depending on the lighting angle.

    His cheeks look a bit off, especially on the left side. Most people only have one curve at the same vertical level as the nose yet you have three there. More of the added ruggedness?

    This all isn't to say you haven't done a great job of course, but since I have a bit of fascination with anatomy I feel like pointing out anatomical irregularities might help. If you intended to have those irregularities then you've done a damn good job.
    Holy. Fucking. Shit. CRITICISM! LOVE IT!
    but, before I go on to agree with everything you said and all that
    http://assembly-line-portraits.com/w...t-eastwood.jpg
    that was my reference photo.
    I typed in "clint eastwood black and white" and that was the first thing that came up. Not sure if that is a photograph or a drawing its self, but it's what I used as a reference for my picture.

    Thank you for the compliments on the chin and nose, I've studied them enough to know what I'm doing so glad I have the skill level. I see what you mean about his forehead and his jawline, but it's what was in the reference.

    Now that I look at it, you sir are actually correct about his nose and moth and all that stuff looking as though it's turned but the chin isn't, which is just some error on my part.

    Overall, I like my picture and I thank you for ACTUAL CRITICISM and not just "oh it looks nice but a few things look a little weird" or "oh man it's much better than anything I can do", sure, I dont dislike those comments, but getting actual criticism is much appreciated.

  9. #51749
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, so here's a thought. Early on, Pinkie says she knows everyone's name in Ponyville. We find this to definitely be true.

    However, later on, we see each of the Mane 6 calling a lot of background characters by name, and never seeming to not know someone. That's fine. Other than Twilight, it makes sense, given they've lived there a long time. Even Twilight could have learned everyone's name.

    But then, we see situations where it seems like they don't know everyone. In Hurricane Fluttershy, we see a ton of characters treating Fluttershy like shit. Now, given the community nature of the town, one would assume they know her and know how she is. So either a LOT of people in Ponyville are jerks, or the show has given a wrong feeling about the town. This doesn't even go into the fact they should be the most well-known ponies in Equestria after taking out Discord. So everyone SHOULD know them, but even still, they should know at least everyone in Ponyville.
    It may also be that not all of the ponies in town have been living there their entire lives.

    What I find more odd is after the mane 6 have defeated Nightmare Moon and Discord, the entire town knows about it and they treat them all like nothing ever happened.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  10. #51750
    Goood Morning ponythread!

  11. #51751
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Goood Morning ponythread!
    Wow is it already morning Abby-chan

    Guten Morgen Abby

  12. #51752
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Goood Morning ponythread!
    Hello Cirno Fan. I always find myself drawn towards your signature. Also, this is related.
    1950 - 7820 - 1130
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

  13. #51753
    Brewmaster Gemini Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Yay Brobama won!!
    And nothing changes. Absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2012-11-07 at 05:51 AM.

  14. #51754
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, so here's a thought. Early on, Pinkie says she knows everyone's name in Ponyville. We find this to definitely be true.

    However, later on, we see each of the Mane 6 calling a lot of background characters by name, and never seeming to not know someone. That's fine. Other than Twilight, it makes sense, given they've lived there a long time. Even Twilight could have learned everyone's name.

    But then, we see situations where it seems like they don't know everyone. In Hurricane Fluttershy, we see a ton of characters treating Fluttershy like shit. Now, given the community nature of the town, one would assume they know her and know how she is. So either a LOT of people in Ponyville are jerks, or the show has given a wrong feeling about the town. This doesn't even go into the fact they should be the most well-known ponies in Equestria after taking out Discord. So everyone SHOULD know them, but even still, they should know at least everyone in Ponyville.
    Just think about how you see ponies with twilight in canterlot that know twilight and then later also run around in ponyville.
    Besides well...why should ponies always be 100% nice 24hrs a day.

  15. #51755
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Goood Morning ponythread!
    Hi !

  16. #51756
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post
    Hello Cirno Fan. I always find myself drawn towards your signature. Also, this is related.
    ^_^ Cirno!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Wow is it already morning Abby-chan

    Guten Morgen Abby
    Yes it is

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    And nothing changes. Absolutely nothing.
    Thats kidna good isnt it..at least its not heading toward romney middle age hell.

  17. #51757
    Brewmaster Gemini Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post


    Thats kidna good isnt it..at least its not heading toward romney middle age hell.
    I mean, even Romney wouldn't have done that. Politicians are adept at sucking dick if it will get them reelected (Fairly sure it's part of the hazing process to become one). Smashing down on the people that voted them in seems very counterproductive.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2012-11-07 at 05:54 AM.

  18. #51758
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    935
    The sheer fact that Romney actually came this close is...frightening, to say the least.

  19. #51759
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    ^_^ Cirno!
    Happy Cirno day


  20. #51760
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Well I got 11/20 multiple choice problems done, I'll finish the rest tomorrow and then get the free response questions done before it's due.
    Casual

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •