Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Oh hai Chipperific
    I haven't seen you a lot around here recently. Are you ill? Usually you don't leave the place unless you're ripped apart from it and shoved into a room in a mental ward. At which point you usually focus all your energy into telepathically using the site, which only takes around 10 minutes with the practice you've gained.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    everypony is best pony.
    That was only during Thread 9. Now Luna is.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I don't get it o_o
    Guy walking along. Guy sees butterfly and stops to look at it. This causes him to be just late enough to miss his bus to his work. Being late to work causes him to lose consideration for a promotion. No promotion causes lots of tension between him and his wife. Tension causes separation. Separation causes despair. Guy commits suicide.

It's referred to as Chaos Theory or sometimes as "The Butterfly Effect". If that guy hadn't stopped to observe the butterfly, he would have been on time and everything would have been fine. The tiniest of events can have catastrophic consequences.
    "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes."

Avatar Picture | "The cold never bothered me anyway." | Kortin's Music List!

heyo guys! I'm fine how about you two?

it is so awesome! /)^3^(\
    Grats for you!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

3chaotic5me <.<
    I approve of your newfound love for your origins, my friend.
    "To improve is to change. To perfect is to change often."

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Chaos theory is interesting.
    I have that shit in my physics book
    confusing shit

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    I haven't seen you a lot around here recently. Are you ill? Usually you don't leave the place unless you're ripped apart from it and shoved into a room in a mental ward. At which point you usually focus all your energy into telepathically using the site, which only takes around 10 minutes with the practice you've gained.
    I've been working 50 hour weeks for the last 2 months (5 days a week, 10 hour shifts, Day Shift on Wednesday, Night Shift Thur - Sun), so I've been pretty busy

I"ll try to be around more

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    Guy walking along. Guy sees butterfly and stops to look at it. This causes him to be just late enough to miss his bus to his work. Being late to work causes him to lose consideration for a promotion. No promotion causes lots of tension between him and his wife. Tension causes separation. Separation causes despair. Guy commits suicide.

It's referred to as Chaos Theory or sometimes as "The Butterfly Effect". If that guy hadn't stopped to observe the butterfly, he would have been on time and everything would have been fine. The tiniest of events can have catastrophic consequences.
    This just sounds like a cause and effect chain.

It's referred to as Chaos Theory or sometimes as "The Butterfly Effect".
    ^ This.

A choice leads to a consequence etc.

Matrix toyed around with it a lot, now that I think about it.
    "To improve is to change. To perfect is to change often."

Matrix trilogy sucked.

Steins;Gate would be pretty interesting anime for you zirusianna, it's about butterfly effect and shit.

also it's so cool sonuvabitch
    I should stop saying this

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Matrix trilogy sucked.
    They tried to be deep and came up with confusing.

^ This.

A choice leads to a consequence etc.

Matrix toyed around with it a lot, now that I think about it.
    Look into Chaos Theory. It's a decent movie, if you like Ryan Reynold's acting and is a decent example of Chaos Theory at work (no science-y stuff with it, though).

heyo guys! I'm fine how about you two?

it is so awesome! /)^3^(\
    I'm doing good. Just waiting on my last patient for the day to arrive shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    That was only during Thread 9. Now Luna is.
    nope ^-^ it's the almighty, universal truth

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brantin View Post
    I'm doing good. Just waiting on my last patient for the day to arrive shortly.
    are you a doctor?

nope ^-^ it's the almighty, universal truth
    That Luna is best poni? Yes.

Scrubs had a not-quite-as-depressing episode like that, mixed in with another movie (Go?) that showed alternate things happening. Season 3, and it featured an actual butterfly that started the chain. But I agree with Frey here, it just seems like a chain of events, it doesn't seem like it deserves its own special name.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

I approve of your newfound love for your origins, my friend.
    thanks I'll change again for christmas tho ;P
    and even tho this whole chaos stuff is interesting, I'm not good at seeing cause and effect chains like the one kortin explained :|

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Scrubs had a not-quite-as-depressing episode like that, mixed in with another movie (Go?) that showed alternate things happening. Season 3, and it featured an actual butterfly that started the chain. But I agree with Frey here, it just seems like a chain of events, it doesn't seem like it deserves its own special name.
    There's a lot more science and stuff behind it that legitimizes its own name. That was just an example of it at its simplest.
    Last edited by kortin; 2012-11-13 at 09:58 PM.

and even tho this whole chaos stuff is interesting, I'm not good at seeing cause and effect chains like the one kortin explained :|
    I just don't understand why it has a theory. It's a simple cause and effect thing.

What's gonna be your next combo?