Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I remember the golden days when I always was the one on top.
    But hey, I don't always have to do all the work, do I?
    I remember back when I had above 1000 posts...

EDIT: mfw I just have 1000 posts. I've been productive in this thread. I blame game and music debates

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Anything that involves pain is weird, even if it doesn't involve permanent damage, but when it comes to stuff that involves the realms of this fatty over here, its just absolutely disgusting. I can think of so many unpleasant things involving so many unpleasant things from nightmares along, its quite frightening.

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/spacemarine/images/f/f4/Nurgle.jpg[/dIMG]

Lets drop the convo, I don't want to be banned.
    Nurgle <3

If there is one god I would have tea with, it's Nurgle

Did I pop back in at the wrong time?
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    Did I pop back in at the wrong time?
    Nah, that particular line of convo is done.

You did miss an earthshattering announcement.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    This was last true in what? Thread 3? I know Frey was tops by Thread 5.

And good luck at work Frey!
    I was top in thread one until I took a break and even then I worked my way up from like ~15 to 3.
    I was top in 2 and after that I started posting less again and Freye even more.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    I remember back when I had above 1000 posts...

EDIT: mfw I just have 1000 posts. I've been productive in this thread. I blame game and music debates
    That's my aura.
    It compels you to post more so you can be in my vicinity.

Nah, that particular line of convo is done.

You did miss an earthshattering announcement.
    Damn, I'm way too far down there.

But Meh's been up there for quite a while. It only makes sense, though, seeing as how Meh posts from school and Frey doesn't post from work.
    [Steam]
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Its always good to read this every once in a while, its quite funny.
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Nurgle
    I love 1d4chan. I even painted my Space Wolf Commander in the Angry Marine colours.

Nurgle is best bro-god

You have 7 base consonants. Two that are asperated, one that is truncated. Then you have stressed and unstressed. The 5 vowel sounds are combined in various ways to create a variety of sounds, but they are all based on the 5 sounds. There are no hard or soft vowels.

This is all based on what I learned from an exchange student 10 years ago, though, so some of it may be fuzzy.
    I'd have to check which are aspirated etc, but as I go through them it does have a lot to do with how the sound is made in the first place.

Most letters are based on the vowels with three exceptions: Wa, oh (pronounced wo sometimes and different from the vowel) and n. Wa is an exception there because it doesn't continue with the vowels since there is no wi, wu, weh, or wo. The funny oh sound is grammar only, and then n is just on its own. You'll never see an original Japanese word turned into Romanji that ends in any English consonant but n. The ya, yu, and yo sounds used to have yi and ye but they've been taken out. The "hu" sound in the ha set is actually pronounced "fu," which is where you get Mount Fuji from and stuff. There are no other f's in standard Japanese.

So the vowels are a (ah), i (pronounced ee), u (pronounced oo as in food), e (eh), and o (oh). The seven base consonant sets are ka, sa, ta, na, ha, ma, and ra The ya line might be counted by some, but it can actually be used to modify other consonants so it's an oddball that I'm not counting and it doesn't seem like your classmate did either. Of those ka, sa, and ta have single variants of ga, za, and da. Notice how you go from ka to ga? That kind of change is probably what you were thinking of, and it repeats will all of the variations. The way the changes are shown is by a couple tick marks next to the variant set. The ha series has two variations which are ba and pa. Ba has the tick marks, but pa has a little circle there instead.

The ya series can modify the other consonants like so: You take the base "i" sound of the set such as ki, then add any of ya, yu, or yo to make it kya, kyu, or kyo. The ta, sa, da, and za lines vary from this since ta goes into chi, sa goes into shi, and da and za go into ji. Thus they become chu, shu, or ju for example.

My Japanese teacher pretty much drilled the alphabets into us, so I figure I'll repeat the entire thing:

a i u e o
    ka ki ku ke ko
    sa shi su se so
    ta chi tsu te to
    na ni nu ne no
    ha hi fu he ho
    ma mi mu me mo
    ya yu yo
    ra ri ru re ro
    wa o n
    ga gi gu ge go
    za ji zu ze zo
    da ji zu de do
    ba bi bu be bo
    pa pi pu pe po
    kya kyu kyo
    gya gyu gyo
    sha shu sho
    ja ju jo
    cha chu cho
    nya nyu nyo
    hya hyu hyo
    bya byu byo
    pya pyu pyo
    mya myu myo
    rya ryu ryo

So that's a total of 104.

Edit: What the? How do I make it a proper spoiler clicky thing instead of the dumb black lines?
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2012-11-21 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    I was top in thread one until I took a break and even then I worked my way up from like ~15 to 3.
    I was top in 2 and after that I started posting less again and Freye even more.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:49 AM ----------

That's my aura.
    It compels you to post more so you can be in my vicinity.
    you still dont post enough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    you still dont post enough
    Lots of Pokémon and WoW and chatting with Muffin.

The only one that's really tricky from an English Speakers viewpoint are the "ya" modifiers. Some are easy, but "Ryu rya ryo" is really weird for us.

Deleted

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tDJiK.png[/IG]
    That's one way to try to wake the thread up.

Deleted
    That's one way to try to wake the thread up.
    Gotta try my best.

The only one that's really tricky from an English Speakers viewpoint are the "ya" modifiers. Some are easy, but "Ryu rya ryo" is really weird for us.
    I find it incredibly easy. I'm different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    I'd have to check which are aspirated etc, but as I go through them it does have a lot to do with how the sound is made in the first place.
    I only care about the base 46 characters, everything else I don't count. Also, does this mean you can weeaboospeak with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

Those are a bit of a pain, but there are more subtle ones too. For instance, there r's can sound like d's at times. And the fu? Some pronounce it "hoo" but it's really airy like they're blowing out a candle. Admittedly some of that is just dialect and accent, but the way my teacher talked it sounded like that was fairly normal across Japan.

There are also additional ways to put letters into a word. For instance, hashi (pronounced as spelled) is chopsticks but hasshi (hass shi) means bridge I believe. That extra consonant doubling is done with a small tsu before the letter.

Then there's the whole grammar business. The Japanese for some reason decided that it was necessary to have different counting terms for different items. Long, thin objects are counted differently than people and both are counted differently than cuplike objects. So yes, I consider Japanese on par with English as being difficult to master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    It's one of the reasons Japanese is actually fairly difficult to learn: Everything is about context. It is possible to have full sentences written out that have entirely different words depending on context, especially when writing in Kanji (which is the characters Japan borrowed from China).
    I never find reading weeaboospeak that hard, I have more difficulty understanding it when it's said. Way too fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post

I only care about the base 46 characters, everything else I don't count. Also, does this mean you can weeaboospeak with me?
    Okay it's cool everybody, I speak weeaboo.
    Chan, chan, desu. Chan, neko, neko.
    Desu desu, Haruhi Suzumiya!
    Panty and Stocking ... uhh ... Lucky Star.
    YAOI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post

You mean the 46 base written characters (92, if you learn both hiragana and katakana)? Most stuff is written in Kanji, so they're of limited use. Katakana if I remember right is mostly used for foreign loan words, the hiragana for Japanese words with uncommon, complicated, or nonexistent Kanji, and Kanji for pretty much everyday use.

Deleted
    There are birds coming to Denmark from Russia because we apparently have berries that makes them drunk as fuck.

I... don't know about this world anymore... goddamnit Russia

EDIT: Spelling mistakes im tired leave me alone
    Last edited by mmoce7ae13e85c; 2012-11-21 at 10:14 AM.

You mean the 46 base written characters (92, if you learn both hiragana and katakana)? Most stuff is written in Kanji, so they're of limited use. Katakana if I remember right is mostly used for foreign loan words, the hiragana for Japanese words with uncommon, complicated, or nonexistent Kanji, and Kanji for pretty much everyday use.
    I like Romanji more.
    [Steam]