Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    just another rank1 on youtube...great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hottedlol View Post
    It honestly depends on what kind of teams you are having issues with. At one point during last season I ran with over 5300 resilience. If you see that you are fighting a kfc, wear max resil! As far as stats i believe you are gemming the right way for your setup as long as you are getting the first dot breakpoint with haste.
    Windsong was really good on beta. I think it might be bugged on live :/
    thanks. All we fight is KFC at the moment, for pretty obvious reasons.

regards windsong - the tooltip says it only procs on direct damage, and according to blue post it has 1ppm. I tested for about 5 minutes on the dummies (sunfire/moonfire all 5 of them in sequence), and it procced once - might be bugged, but even at 1ppm its barely useful. I'm finding power torrent much more useful with it proccing almost immediately and allowing a larger amount of initial pressure.

I've actually switched the resilience/power gems to crit/power, gained about 3% crit at the expense of 3% resilience. not sure if that was worth it - i'll have to see. We found though that rarely I die to the initial burst (easily countered with unending resolve from symbiosis), but its more the lack of pressure that brings us down in the end, and I figured the extra crit (and hopefully starsurges) will help with that. Certainly when I see starsurge procs stuff tends to die I remember fighting a KFC (resto shaman) where we completely turned the tide of battle when I got lucky and got 3 60k starsurges in 3 globals in a row on him.

ch1ppr
    just another rank1 on youtube...great
    Except Hotted actually seems to give back and help out the community a hell of a lot more than the other R1 players/glads, who sit on twitch and just beg for donations to keep them playing in their parent's basement :P

I am curious how you guys are dealing with the absurd burst right now as resto? Without an immunity (rogue/war/rdruid) I am finding it hard to counter KFC or even any combination of DK/Hunter/War. Seems like if you don't have a paladin healer for two bops and a bubble that you can't live through the initial burst without some seriously top notch peel play.

Is it really just wait till warriors and hunters get nerfed or is there some way we can counter stampede and the insane warrior damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I am curious how you guys are dealing with the absurd burst right now as resto? Without an immunity (rogue/war/rdruid) I am finding it hard to counter KFC or even any combination of DK/Hunter/War. Seems like if you don't have a paladin healer for two bops and a bubble that you can't live through the initial burst without some seriously top notch peel play.

Is it really just wait till warriors and hunters get nerfed or is there some way we can counter stampede and the insane warrior damage?
    dunno about resto, but as moonkin when I see warrior's popping reck avatar and skull banner, I always try to kill the skull banner asap.
    also displacer beast is amazing. simply amazing. you can blink away and if you turn and blink in a random direction, most players wont have a clue where you have gone to. Also if you can, I try to position myself so that I can blink out of LoS of the warrior/hunter, so they cant get on me straight away. It gives you another 3 to 4 seconds where you aren't getting that burst.
    also the team can be peeled off you. disarm/stuns/blind/etc.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 08:04 PM ----------

Hola hotted, te mandamos saludos desde LA ya que nos borraste del real ID y del face, que bien que vas super bien =D.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 09:34 PM ----------

I think more high ranked awesomeness need to share on these forums. I for one find it amazing to watch, and no it's not sarcasm I'm being serious.

I don't understand what people have against good players sharing.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    maybe this is off-topic but is Vanguards still rank 1 ret pally?

Quote Originally Posted by Spylacopa View Post
    maybe this is off-topic but is Vanguards still rank 1 ret pally?
    Probably. There are other good ret pallys but he has achieved the highest rating IIRC. I dont know who is highest -currently- though.