Deleted

I need a 'Raid' profession.

Throughout my entire 6 year play time I've never been a person for professions. It's pretty embarrassing. Right now on my main, a Warrior, I've only got Mining to max. I'm applying to raid guilds recently and the profession side of things always let's me down. Most of the time I'm required to have a 'raid' profession. What exactly is this, and what would be the best one for a Warrior?

Thanks.

Professions all give some kind of stat bonus like JC get 320 Str,Agi,Int,.etc. gems, Blacksmith gets extra bracer and glove sockets, so on so forth. You can just pick one that you want to have or if you Min/Max pick one that coincides w/ you role. For instance, Skinning is great because it gives passive crit, so if your a Fury Warrior you would probably want to have skinning. You see?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BS for the extra sockets and gem straight crit in them.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

I dunno how it is in MoP, but in Cata inscription was by fast the cheapest and quickest "raid" prof to level. Become an inscriptionizator.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    As well as mining, I've got JC to about 150. If that's considered a raid profession, would that be the best one to use? Plus it's a money making proff as well, isn't it? I've always been torn between Inscription and JC, though. So any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine lots to get your Jewelcrafting up to max, and enough for you to then level Blacksmithing (replacing Mining).

Get Mining on an alt though.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

since str could quite feasibly pull ahead of crit at later gear levels, or if you need to go arms, BS and JC would offer you more flexibility in choosing which stat you're maxing with.

just a thought.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both Dyra and nalaya said it; keep JC and grab BS. Engineering is also an option I reckon. I'm no warrior expert but as far as I know, Engi is not a bad option either; Str boost CD on gloves + gizmos for fun. Having also enchanting on the recommended Mining-alt is not a bad idea; you can level Ench by DEing the stuff you make as a BS on your main and you can save on Ench mats when you get new gear. Herbalism on the alt will most likely have you save on flasks and potions when raiding, if you have a guildie make'em for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Professions all give some kind of stat bonus like JC get 320 Str,Agi,Int,.etc. gems, Blacksmith gets extra bracer and glove sockets, so on so forth. You can just pick one that you want to have or if you Min/Max pick one that coincides w/ you role. For instance, Skinning is great because it gives passive crit, so if your a Fury Warrior you would probably want to have skinning. You see?
    Most guilds won't accept skinning as a raid profession, as it just gives a secondary stat (crit) rather than a primary one (strength/agility/int).

Since you already have mining - just get yourself JC+BS. Follow 1-600 guides to profession leveling, most of them tell you upfront what mats you will need. Use your mining to get them all, and level it up. Should take you a day tops