Reduce fan speed/make them quieter?

I recently just finished building my first computer and after everything has been hooked up and all of the drivers were installed...It finally hit me, the fans are driving me nuts. I currently have the corsair 500r case with only the 4 fans that come with it and was wondering if there was a way of making the fans calm down when the computer is in idle or doing light browsing. I put my fans on silent in the bios but it seems like it didn't do anything so I'm not entirely sure where my next step is.

Deleted
    Must be fans on your motherboard or your CPU heatsink that is making noise because the fans in the 500R are very quiet, especially on the lowest setting. I assume you're using the fan controller on front?

Yeah I'm using the fan controller but it hardly does anything. I'm starting to think that I'm just too used to be around a laptop but I'm still checking in to see if my fans can be adjusted =P

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    Yeah I'm using the fan controller but it hardly does anything. I'm starting to think that I'm just too used to be around a laptop but I'm still checking in to see if my fans can be adjusted =P
    i had the same problem until i found out it was the fan on my GPU that was the loud fan, i downloaded rivatuner and it has settings to let you lower all fans even the GPU you might want to try that

Deleted
    you could possibly buy some of those fan speed adjusters that come with some fans/heatsinks, like these http://www.xsfans.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=894. aside from that there's not many other options. you could buy some new, quieter fans but that's a more expensive option.

personally, i am really considering getting some new fans for my corsair 600t. i run it on the lowest speed settings on the fan controller and the noise is a tad too loud at idle for my liking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    Like I said, are you certain it's not your heatsink fan that's making "noise"? You could try turning off the fans to hear the difference.