[shadow] Best PvE race?

There is a lot of answers going around without a whole lot of backing to them, does anyone have solid info on which race has the upperhand when looking at their racial?

Top contenders ive been told are:

panda
    gob
    troll
    UD

in that order.. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Ya I'm actually curious too (for ally). I imagine it's Worgen or Pandaren, but I am pretty awful at numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll outdoes goblin (atleast how it was in cata) with goblin barely behind, Idk about undead but the double food buff from pandas should be the best

Worgen is better than Panda.

600 Crit, will at most stages of the gearing curve, be better than 300 Int.

Troll is better than Worgen.

Unless they buffed UD, Troll is the best.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Worgen is better than Panda.

Troll is better than Worgen.

Unless they buffed UD, Troll is the best.
    Source for troll being best? What comes to simcraft, goblin was already better during cata. Of course simcraft maybe wont use troll racial cooldowns intelligently, but then just same goblin racial is there always taking advantage of any temporaty buffs, not just once in 3 min like troll racial.

Looking at the statweights, i don't see crit above 0.5

Looking at the statweights, i don't see crit above 0.5

at most stages of the gearing curve
    Read again.

Source for troll being best?
    I just told you, that's good enough of a source. It's common knowledge. And no, according to Simcraft (which was waaaaay off for SP dps the entire expansion), Goblin was never better than Troll.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    I just told you, that's good enough of a source. It's common knowledge. And no, according to Simcraft (which was waaaaay off for SP dps the entire expansion), Goblin was never better than Troll.
    No its not common knowledge. Its repeated here again and again by few posters religiosly, but havent seen anyone post any real math or numbers about it. Guess its very hard to get any real numbers of it as simcraft is afaik bit bad (?) at that kind of simming (timing of cd's intelligently with procs etc). And yes goblin was over troll in simcraft sometimes during cata, depending what gear was used. Not surprising as they were really close to each others anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night elf is the best race.

Space Goat is the second best race.

I guess Trolls would be third because they're loosely related to night elves, and have Space Goat-like bums.

I'm so tired of the races debate, here is the only truth that really matters:

For PvE, the dps gains from racial benefits are small, but measurable, however - the DPS gains between the races that have DPS gains (ie. goblins/troll/panda/worgen/undead) are immeasurable in practice. I can math them out for you and work out which is the theoretical largest DPS gain, but when you actually convert that into a tangible quantity of DPS gained, it's way below the margin of error (the dps difference between say, getting a few lucky crits in fight, or getting lower than average mastery procs, or the like).

For PvP, if you want Rank 1, get as many Undead into your arena team as you can (as evidenced by last seasons top 100 teams in any given bracket).

For players who are neither rank 1 pvpers, or who pve with their toons outside of mathematical models - the only thing that matters is what race you find the most suitable to your character, and which race has the utility racials that you like the most.

So to reiterate my initial point, Night Elves are best because we are prettiest and have Shadowmeld. Space Goats are second best because they are also pretty, and have The Waggle. Trolls are third because they combine The Waggle with night elf traits. (but then, my whole point is that your opinion may vary)

Edit: Gained something from this thread ^^

I know what I'm going to stick in the races section of my guide now. I'll math out the DPS difference between the races and post them so you can see that fighting over the dps difference between goblins/trolls/panda/draenei/worgen/undead works out to arguing over like 15 int (because that's what about how much I suspect it really comes down to).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-09-28 at 10:37 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter