Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

My horror story with UPS

This is by far the *WORST SHIPPING COMPANY IN THE WORLD* and is all started 2 1/2 week ago when home depot was going to give me a $20.00 gift card for causing me a problem that the store level did and inconveniences me, And originally they were going to e-mail me as a e-card but i have to wait 24 hrs and nothing and they try again and still nothing so they mail it and i gave my info and i told them *THERE ARE 2 HOUSES ON THE SAME LOTS*we lived in the back and that when my nightmare began, unannounced to me the driver came and when to the front house and ring the doorbell and the people in the front *who are foreigner and speak little english* and no package and i just found about this threw home depot last night and three thing could happen

1.The told the driver we moved
    2.The driver fraudulence say that we moved
    3.The foreigner sign the package *fraudulently* and forge my name and took the card

Even thought i can't prove it without solid evidence but for what she told me from home depot my suspension is no 3 or 2 but is just stipulation so today after all this wait i finally got my gift card for now $40.00 because of the long wait and that is my horror story

15+ Year Old Account
    what makes UPS at fault? they are given an address to deliver to. if the houses are at the same address (i.e. sublet) then technically they correctly delivered the package. it's unlikely that a gift card required delivery confirmation so no signature was needed
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I'm still trying to understand what happened, maybe I'm just dumb or something but you made it overly complicated for no reason (from my PoV)

So...

3.The foreigner sign the package *fraudulently* and forge my name and took the card
    But it's UPS's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    This is by far the *WORST SHIPPING COMPANY IN THE WORLD* and is all started 2 1/2 week ago when home depot was going to give me a $20.00 gift card for causing me a problem that the store level did and inconveniences me, And originally they were going to e-mail me as a e-card but i have to wait 24 hrs and nothing and they try again and still nothing so they mail it and i gave my info and i told them *THERE ARE 2 HOUSES ON THE SAME LOTS*we lived in the back and that when my nightmare began, unannounced to me the driver came and when to the front house and ring the doorbell and the people in the front *who are foreigner and speak little english* and no package and i just found about this threw home depot last night and three thing could happen

Even thought i can't prove it without solid evidence but for what she told me from home depot my suspension is no 3 or 2 but is just stipulation so today after all this wait i finally got my gift card for now $40.00 because of the long wait and that is my horror story
    Based on how this was written, are you sure you're not the foreigner? Granted you're upset, but still....
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, your gonna need to re-word your post because I have problems trying to comprehend what your trying to say. But based on some of the things I got from your story, I don't see how UPS is at fault whatsoever. If anything you should have done what I do sometimes and just wait for the driver outside your house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they give you a tracking number? UPS is usually very good about that. If they did go online and look to see if the status is delivered and who signed for it.

That being said, I think you are jumping to conclusions. Give it another day.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

I order stuff from Amazon USA and UPS always deliver them to me (USA -> Russia) and much faster than DHL or USPS.

Problems on your and.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    OP, your gonna need to re-word your post because I have problems trying to comprehend what your trying to say. But based on some of the things I got from your story, I don't see how UPS is at fault whatsoever. If anything you should have done what I do sometimes and just wait for the driver outside your house.
    Haha, no. I'm not sitting outside my house all day waiting for them. You never know when they're gonna come.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe what OP is trying to say is:

1- The driver of the truck couldn't find the house, due to the same address of the 2 houses.
    2- He said "Fuck it, this is too hard, i'll tell my dispatcher they moved".
    3- He forged the intended recipients signature and took the package for himself.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The driver made out with the foriegner next door and you got excited? Am I reading it right?

The one thing about shipping drivers is they really have no real way for special instructions to be followed through. In your case the driver has no way to know there are 2 houses and to deliver to the second one. To you it's a simple enough instruction but when you have hundred parcels to deliver those instructions usually get lost.

For now contact Home Depot and get the tracking number and then track it. Did it get delivered? If so find out who signed for it. You can then confront them yourself with the proof or their signature or have UPS do it for you. If it didn't get delivered have them redeliver it or have it kept at the depot for you to pick up.

In the future I would as other suggest either wait for the driver to come which could take a few hours or have it held at the local depot for you to pick up. Alternatively, you can have it delivered to another more simple location. In my case I get all mail and shipments delivered to work. We get shipments in every day so it makes it much easier for me.

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Haha, no. I'm not sitting outside my house all day waiting for them. You never know when they're gonna come.
    You don't really have to sit out ALL DAY to keep an eye out for them. The UPS guy who does his routes on my neighborhood comes at the same time everyday. So if the OP actually went online through UPS tracking and was observant enough, he/she could've saved him/herself all the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    what makes UPS at fault? they are given an address to deliver to. if the houses are at the same address (i.e. sublet) then technically they correctly delivered the package. it's unlikely that a gift card required delivery confirmation so no signature was needed
    I'm with llDemonll on this. UPS is hardly at fault here, Home Depot likely gave them the address for your lot, not for your house. I'd be willing to bet that they didn't even mention that you were in the back unit. Definitely does not make them "the *WORST SHIPPING COMPANY IN THE WORLD*".

10+ Year Old Account
    I work in logistics.

UPS sucks.

Please use fedex.

Ship anything internationally? Air/Ocean? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    I work in logistics.

UPS sucks.

Please use fedex.

Ship anything internationally? Air/Ocean? PM me
    This is interesting, actually, what would you recommend for someone who needs something to be shipped internationally?

10+ Year Old Account
    I order from Amazon a lot and they use UPS to deliver. I've never once had a problem with them. My only complaint is that sometimes they deliver at like the latest hour of the day(like 7pm) when it's something I am dying to have(like a game or something).

Also, reading your post, it doesn't sound too much like it's UPS' fault. But really, just b/c you had one bad experience doesn't make it the "worst delivery company in the world"

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I order from Amazon a lot and they use UPS to deliver. I've never once had a problem with them. My only complaint is that sometimes they deliver at like the latest hour of the day(like 7pm) when it's something I am dying to have(like a game or something).

Also, reading your post, it doesn't sound too much like it's UPS' fault. But really, just b/c you had one bad experience doesn't make it the "worst delivery company in the world"
    Blech. They use OnTrac out in California. The logistics and packing is fine but their drivers are pretty bad. :/
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

ups, like all companies, has its issues. This post, however, doesn't do a very good job of pointing them out. That and even if the driver was the scum of the earth, that doesn't really make the entire billion dollar company bad.