Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    In PVE I'm doing fine, 60-70k dps over a 2-3min fight. (aka 1 FET, 1 Ascendance) and our cleave is absolutely amazing. Plus amazing mobility, competitive burst and Stormlash.
    Well that's good to hear. I generally like to main as something different every expansion. Last time I mained as Enhancement, this time its gonna either be Ele or Assassination.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    You can probably kill most classes before they can re-act with how sick the burst is for Ele atm. Atleast I can anyway.

With the pvp set bonus and the glyph, would my thunderstorm cd by 17.5 seconds? Because that changes everything, hahah.

twice as much thunderstorm = twice as much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    You can probably kill most classes before they can re-act with how sick the burst is for Ele atm. Atleast I can anyway.
    In my experiences with level 90 bgs that wont happen unless you get really lucky with nrg.

Try using echo of the elements, it helps. Btw I don't get people who defend and say "we have frostbrand weapon, frost shock and earthbind" are you really trying to make a point or trying to convince people that they have no reason to worry? Ele is way weaker compared to a lot of other casters and it is the truth. They will still be pretty badass at RBGs tho, so I would go with that for pvp.

Deleted
    What gear levels are we looking at here from those that say we "lack damage"? That is certainly not the case for me having 455 equipped provided i manage to get the needed casts done.

Just roll resto for pvp and ele for pve. Solved. Why fight a losing battle?

Deleted
    Seems like a lot of learn to play issues from the kids in this thread. Guys you are not suppose to be able to counter every ability in the game., and as the admin dude said, sounds like you guys get outplayed if you have problems with kiting and peeling in general. I know many good pvp'ers, not 1500 heros like the most of you, and they all think that ele have very high potencial. They have a lot utility, healing cooldowns that you just pop down behind a pillar and they heal so they cant even be interrupted, very nice burst which can kill enemys who is offguard, in a few seconds. And last but not least, the lightning bolt on the move and a lot of usefull glyphs. Don't get what all you people are on about, play mop some more, practise. Then hopefully you will get good and learn to play and win with elemental spec. Also, let me share this gold tip with you guys if you haven't already figured it out. Use the Totemic projection talent with your root and/stun totems, there you go hunter traps which can stun and root/slow enemys in range, you can even use it to catch rogues in stealth if you are sneaky with magma totem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowraider View Post
    Seems like a lot of learn to play issues from the kids in this thread. Guys you are not suppose to be able to counter every ability in the game., and as the admin dude said, sounds like you guys get outplayed if you have problems with kiting and peeling in general. I know many good pvp'ers, not 1500 heros like the most of you, and they all think that ele have very high potencial. They have a lot utility, healing cooldowns that you just pop down behind a pillar and they heal so they cant even be interrupted, very nice burst which can kill enemys who is offguard, in a few seconds. And last but not least, the lightning bolt on the move and a lot of usefull glyphs. Don't get what all you people are on about, play mop some more, practise. Then hopefully you will get good and learn to play and win with elemental spec. Also, let me share this gold tip with you guys if you haven't already figured it out. Use the Totemic projection talent with your root and/stun totems, there you go hunter traps which can stun and root/slow enemys in range, you can even use it to catch rogues in stealth if you are sneaky with magma totem.
    Pretty much my feelings about people that whines about utility and kiting abilities in this expansion, we gained quite a few new toys in 5.0 and elemental was a viable spec before that too. Can't imagine someone having gamebreaking issues kitting with all the new tools we gained, that is provided you can fake your casts well as ele is a direct damage class.

And this is why I refuse to Pvp. Because its stupid.

The burst is insane: Ascendance + Lava Burst into an instant Elemental Blast followed by 7 stack Fulmination does quite a bit of damage. Kiting issues are not that bad, just learn to effective use Thunderstorm, Earthbind and Capacitor. There are some classes that can kite better than us, but it is not as awful as some people are saying it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wowraider View Post

Too bad that most other specs got many more ways to handle those situation.

Sorry that real concerns mean "L2p issues for kids" to you, Elemental has potential though, the poblem is many other classes has more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Laptop View Post
    The burst is insane: Ascendance + Lava Burst into an instant Elemental Blast followed by 7 stack Fulmination does quite a bit of damage. Kiting issues are not that bad, just learn to effective use Thunderstorm, Earthbind and Capacitor. There are some classes that can kite better than us, but it is not as awful as some people are saying it is.
    Instant elemental blast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Instant elemental blast?
    Elemental blast is a multiple school spell, fire/frost/nature, so it works with ancestral swiftness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    I leveled up to 90, which was a struggle in itself considering how bad my damage output was compared to mob hp
    What? Sorry but it's not the ele spec, it's you.

If i get lucky with procs i can kill standard MoP mobs in 2 seconds, without procs it's 5 seconds max. Questing gear. And i don't even have glyphs yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It may be that Elemental isn't quite as good as Enhancement or Resto for PvP, but really, that's going to be true of at least one of our specs, period. It's true of everyone else, too; you don't see Mages complaining that Arcane isn't as dominating as Frost. At least, not much.
    While I agree with your points about the pvp gear and its impact on our kiting and damage, and to some extent your point in this particular quote...I don't think it needs to be this way. Objectively speaking, I'm not okay with the idea that its alright to have 1 or 2 specs out of 3 viable while another lags behind. I don't think the developers are either. I don't think they look at the specs and say 'let's make resto awesome and keep either enhancement or elemental behind.' And no, I'm not saying that that's what you wrote. My personal opinion is just that it's really difficult to make all the specs of all the classes great in pvp.

And I think some part of people's frustration stems from the fact that elemental used to be a really great pvp spec. Is it viable now...sure, but it's not great. There are some things that are great about it, for example, I love the purge glyph and the way fulmination works with the set. Obviously, the word 'great' is subjective, and when they were 'great' I was playing a different class so I may be wrong about this but I think elementals damage was pretty high back then.

I'm personally not having issues kiting melee, I like where my survivabilty and healing is at, but my damage is not where I want it to be. But in truth that's probably something that's stated in all the forums of all the other classes as well. My issue isn't even with Lava Bursts damage, even though I've read any number of people complain about that. It's true that it's technically a hard cast spell but with surge procs resetting it and making it instant I think the amount of damage it puts out is good. And you won't see me complain about fulmination's damage, unless of course they change the set bonus.

My issue is with lightning bolt. Hard casts, whether you can move or not, should do some damage (by some, I mean significant), particularly in a pvp environment because we're more susceptible to silences/interrupts. The problem is coming up with a way to increase lightning bolt's damage without it impacting not only the other specs but pve as well.

There's people who are a lot more imaginative than I am and could probably come up with some better ideas but I think the devs need to bring back dispel protection. I thought about shamanism and clearcasting but that would effect pve as well.

I personally didn't like our dispel protection because in terms of damage, having 90% haste on an ability that hits like a wet noodle is not very fun. Maybe something more along the lines of 'when flame shock is dispelled, you're next x-number of lightning bolts do x-times more damage.' Enough damage that it puts the fear of God into the dispeller. We'd still be susceptible to interrupts/silences but it'd make lightning bolt actually worth casting because right now, as things stand, it's not.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by Faw View Post
    What? Sorry but it's not the ele spec, it's you.

If i get lucky with procs i can kill standard MoP mobs in 2 seconds, without procs it's 5 seconds max. Questing gear. And i don't even have glyphs yet.
    What level are you? At 87-88 mob hp starts increasing dramatically. What is "it's you" supposed to mean? Does my personal skill somehow cause my spells to do less damage than other peoples? We all get the same leveling gear, the same abilities, and god forbid elemental doesn't have the hardest pve priority system in the world... so I don't see what you're getting at. When a mob has 350-590k hp and my lava bursts are critting for 40-50k and lightning bolts for 30k tops, it takes considerably longer than 2-5 seconds to kill a mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    What level are you? At 87-88 mob hp starts increasing dramatically. What is "it's you" supposed to mean? Does my personal skill somehow cause my spells to do less damage than other peoples? We all get the same leveling gear, the same abilities, and god forbid elemental doesn't have the hardest pve priority system in the world... so I don't see what you're getting at. When a mob has 350-590k hp and my lava bursts are critting for 40-50k and lightning bolts for 30k tops, it takes considerably longer than 2-5 seconds to kill a mob.
    Your Lava Burst will hit incredibly harder at 90 with gear, gems, and enchants. Mine is pretty much always hitting for 100k+ in mostly 463 gear, and the spell power scaling with gear is nuts in MoP. I expect in raid gear it won't be long before Lava Burst is hitting for 200k consistently. Also factor into this that we can kite quest mobs all day and never take a single melee hit; I'd say we are in a pretty good place as far as questing goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say on average, from 88 to 90, it took me about 12 seconds to kill the mobs. The thing is the mobs hit pretty hard once I got to Steppes, so if I wasn't taking advantage of my kiting abilities I could die. I'm used to leveling with heirlooms and killing mobs in one or two hits so it took some getting used to, having to make use of all my abilities, particularly if I pulled more than one mob, which happened several times in that particular zone. Every once in a while, I'd get some nice rng and kill stuff in about 5 seconds but that happened less than I would have liked. Then again, its just quest gear. Once I get some epics, I plan to take my revenge on those cow people in Townlong Steppes
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    I would say on average, from 88 to 90, it took me about 12 seconds to kill the mobs. The thing is the mobs hit pretty hard once I got to Steppes, so if I wasn't taking advantage of my kiting abilities I could die. I'm used to leveling with heirlooms and killing mobs in one or two hits so it took some getting used to, having to make use of all my abilities, particularly if I pulled more than one mob, which happened several times in that particular zone. Every once in a while, I'd get some nice rng and kill stuff in about 5 seconds but that happened less than I would have liked. Then again, its just quest gear. Once I get some epics, I plan to take my revenge on those cow people in Townlong Steppes

Personally when i was leveling, I would pull 5+ mobs then with a combo of Earthgrab, Thunderstorm and SWG just CL them all to death with ease. That rotated with Ancestral Guidance (with that up could just stand still and let them beat on me whilst I AoE) made leveling easy. The mobs hit hard yeah but our AoE is sick, our self healing is even better and we have plenty of kiting abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    FWIW, I've got the Spear of Xuen that I tossed over to my druid for leveling (ilvl 463 BoA from Archaeology, agility polearm, level requirement is 85, not 90), and things haven't been dying any faster or more efficiently for him than for my Shaman as I was leveling through. He has significantly worse gear overall (he's my farming toon, not one I raided with), but the spear offsets that pretty significantly.

I haven't tried anything else from 85+ yet, but really, I think it's just that the mobs have a lot more HP relative to our damage. Everyone's taking this much to kill things right now.