View Poll Results: Is MoP worth coming back for?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    137 68.50%
  • No

    63 31.50%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    If you enjoyed wow before and was just waiting for new content, it's a solid expansion.

    If you grew tired of wow and that type of gameplay, you'll likely get tired of the expansion fairly quickly as well.

  2. #22
    GW was fun until you hit max level, then it became very boring. MoP so far has been fun and blizzard is always good at adding content.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post

    But guess what, we don't fucking care anymore. That's our opinion.
    Who the the fuck is this "we" and "our" my good man?
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Killre View Post
    blizzard is always good at adding content.
    Are you sure about this comment?

  5. #25
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    2 days into the expansion with no raids or PvP, you tell me?

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 10:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Killre View Post
    GW was fun until you hit max level, then it became very boring. MoP so far has been fun and blizzard is always good at adding content.
    zzz why does everything have to be GW2 vs MoP..

  6. #26
    MoP Has so much to it, that the only answer is F*** Yeah! Just playing through a small amount of quests it makes me think Cata was thrown together so they could work on this.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 09:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    2 days into the expansion with no raids or PvP, you tell me?

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 10:22 PM ----------




    zzz why does everything have to be GW2 vs MoP..
    Yeah I agree GW2 was cool for me it didn't make the cut because of lack of interesting story. It maybe enough for some people but randomly after 50+ hours I was sitting there and said to myself "idk know why I'm doing what I'm doing in this game". I Played some PvP and logged off and waited for MoP. When I started leveling my monk the starting area was just amazing! It made me want to level my char to experience the 85-90 content ASAP. Guild wars just was not for ME.

  7. #27
    I have to tell you that I've been on the fence about buying this game and resubscribing. I quit at the end of July due to extreme burnout with DS, doing the same dailies on different toons to get mounts, BG's became far too one sided roll/get rolled to be enjoyable. Blah blah blah.

    Now from everything I read. Losing flying mounts until 90, things I don't want to do like Farmville I probably need to do now, the messed up rep grind for multiple toons for professions etc. I just don't want to do it. People romanticized TBC far more than it deserves; anyone that ever needed/wanted Keepers of Time rep for more than a main knows exactly what I mean.

    My 3 85's were synergy personified. Warlock tailor/enchanter, priest JC/Eng, Pally Mining/Herb. My priest and lock could feed off each others professions and it WORKED. Just grinding out 3 90's to get back to what I had profession/gathering wise is enough to make me glad I'm sitting this one out.

  8. #28
    Game is out for 2 days. You'll get bored in a few months. They'll give you a patch with 1-2 dungeons with 5-6 bosses. Rinse and repeat.

    Doesn't matter what the name of the expansion is. If you like this, you'll love mop. If you got bored because of cata, wotlk, bc etc, then it's the same thing.
    Juggerneat - Shattered Halls (EU) (not active since Dec 2011)

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,780
    MoP is solid expansion. It's on par with WotLK; maybe a bit better. And, really great when compared to Cataclysm. Let's see how raid tiers pan out.

  10. #30
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,408
    Here's my honest opinion on Pandaria.

    Pros:
    - More end game content than Cataclysm
    - The new talent system
    - Leveling is fun (for the most part)
    - Pet battles
    - Story seems very good
    - GORGEOUS landscapes/artwork
    - Pandaren
    - Monks seem fairly balanced (to me at least)
    - New BGs with new game play mechanics
    - Professions are interesting (I'm an engineer, and the stuff I can make is actually useful and entertaining compared to the cataclysm items)
    - CRZ and World PvP (Some people thing CRZ is the doom of WoW, but I happen to enjoy the extra bodies to kill!)
    - No flying until level 90
    - Some of the new factions are interesting, and have nice rewards to make you want to do their daily quests (even though I despise dailies.)

    Cons:
    - Daily quests are playing a large part (too large for my taste,) even if the rewards are nice
    - Dungeons are easy (I know people complained about the difficulty of the cataclysm heroics, but I enjoyed the challenge) (Yes I know challenge modes are there for those who want the challenge) They just felt very simple and rushed
    - Scenarios (same reasons as the dungeons)
    - The humour. I was unsure of where I was going to put this because I felt it was somewhere in the middle. At times I found myself laughing my ass off because of some of the things thrown in for a laugh, but at times I felt that there was unnecessary humour. So this is more of a situational pro/con.
    - Still no huge incentive to help other players out. It really limits the community (especially since it seems most people are ass holes in this game now...) You get the periodic nice person who will help, but for the most part people will feel that its not worth their time.
    - Bugs. I know its new, but I ran into quite a few bugs that limited my game play to the point of having to stop leveling entirely for a while because mobs were spawning under the terrain.


    To sum up my opinion, I feel that the game looks like a work of art. The landscape is beautiful, and even if your quest is tedious, there's something nice to look at. I felt that for the amount of people who participated in the beta and the length of the beta that more of the bugs should have been fixed. Especially when they were obvious bugs. I've enjoyed my time in Pandaria so far, but I feel that the expansion may not be enough to pull back those who left during Cataclysm. However, those who are still playing seem to enjoy it, myself included.


    Although.... I'm still waiting for Gnomeregan to be ours again...

  11. #31
    hmmm if I get some free cash I think I might come back and play this when I first heard of it I laughed pretty bad seeing as it was about pandas but it seems like it is pretty good

  12. #32
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,842
    The game is the game and hasn't changed all that much at any fundamental level other than talents.

    The only thing I can really recommend to you is to take a look at what's been added and then make up your mind about how you want to proceed from there.

    Personal opinion follows:

    - Talents: Deeper and more interesting than a lot of people think. Less really is more sometimes.
    - Pet battles: Simple but ridiculously fun.
    - Dungeons: Not overly difficult at normal/heroic. Really difficult for challenge mode.
    - Raids: Good start. We'll see how things go.
    - Scenarios: Quick, simple and can be fun if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.
    - Dailies: Lots of them. Reputation grinds are back although there are other options for getting geared.
    - Tillers [Harvest Moon/Farmville]: Don't know yet but I like games where you build something. So this is attractive to me.
    - Environment: Pandaria is beautiful. You'll get a chance to actually see it since you can't fly until you get to 90. Fine by me.
    - Monks: The new class looks pretty interesting and different to play. Time will tell.
    - Pandaren: Matter of personal taste. I'm fine with them but my monk will be something else.

    There really is a lot more to do at end game than before and challenge modes look to be the sleeper addition to the expansion. There's no lack of information on this site if you want to poke around and dozens of videos. Get your head around that and you should be able to make a decision.

    But that said, it's still recognizably World of Warcraft with all that that implies in terms of gameplay, etc. It's not a brand new game. It's a very good expansion though.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  13. #33
    MoP has to be witnessed for the many new things in it.

    Pet Battles for instance have to be played to believe they are indeed a great addi(c)tion to an MMORPG.

    I am sure a minority will even play these Pet Bettles as their sole activity in the coming months.

    But most importantly it is the feeling of the evolution in technology that fascinates me: cross server play is here to stay (in all aspects of the game) and it is good to be part of these new mechanics that most certainly will have its climax in Titan.

    For that alone, MoP is worth coming back for.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhawk675 View Post
    I quit WoW right about the time DS came out because I just couldn't get into it anymore.. When GW2 came out, I pretty much thought I'd just do away with WoW forever, and even though I still LOVE GW2, I keep thinking MoP might be really cool. So I'm just wondering, is it worth buying and coming back for? or should I just stay away.
    I can confirm that mop has the same mistique as tbc had, so i would return.

  15. #35
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,296
    Ya for sure, Blizzard does an amazing job on it and I am really enjoying it.

  16. #36
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    It's a really good expansion one of the best in my eyes and I've been a veteran for a very long time mind you, Give it a go if anything. The only way to truly judge is to play it

  17. #37
    I'm amazed how many of the people here actually say it is the best expansion so far when it has been out for what 4 days. I can clearly remember the same things being said about Cataclysm...

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Here's my honest opinion on Pandaria.

    Pros:
    - More end game content than Cataclysm
    - The new talent system
    - Leveling is fun (for the most part)
    - Pet battles
    - Story seems very good
    - GORGEOUS landscapes/artwork
    - Pandaren
    - Monks seem fairly balanced (to me at least)
    - New BGs with new game play mechanics
    - Professions are interesting (I'm an engineer, and the stuff I can make is actually useful and entertaining compared to the cataclysm items)
    - CRZ and World PvP (Some people thing CRZ is the doom of WoW, but I happen to enjoy the extra bodies to kill!)
    - No flying until level 90
    - Some of the new factions are interesting, and have nice rewards to make you want to do their daily quests (even though I despise dailies.)

    Cons:
    - Daily quests are playing a large part (too large for my taste,) even if the rewards are nice
    - Dungeons are easy (I know people complained about the difficulty of the cataclysm heroics, but I enjoyed the challenge) (Yes I know challenge modes are there for those who want the challenge) They just felt very simple and rushed
    - Scenarios (same reasons as the dungeons)
    - The humour. I was unsure of where I was going to put this because I felt it was somewhere in the middle. At times I found myself laughing my ass off because of some of the things thrown in for a laugh, but at times I felt that there was unnecessary humour. So this is more of a situational pro/con.
    - Still no huge incentive to help other players out. It really limits the community (especially since it seems most people are ass holes in this game now...) You get the periodic nice person who will help, but for the most part people will feel that its not worth their time.
    - Bugs. I know its new, but I ran into quite a few bugs that limited my game play to the point of having to stop leveling entirely for a while because mobs were spawning under the terrain.


    To sum up my opinion, I feel that the game looks like a work of art. The landscape is beautiful, and even if your quest is tedious, there's something nice to look at. I felt that for the amount of people who participated in the beta and the length of the beta that more of the bugs should have been fixed. Especially when they were obvious bugs. I've enjoyed my time in Pandaria so far, but I feel that the expansion may not be enough to pull back those who left during Cataclysm. However, those who are still playing seem to enjoy it, myself included.


    Although.... I'm still waiting for Gnomeregan to be ours again...
    I just have to say this post is very refreshing to read! It is an actual honest opinion on MMO-C with no fanboy/hater slant to it! I thought those days had left this forum!

  19. #39
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I'm amazed how many of the people here actually say it is the best expansion so far when it has been out for what 4 days. I can clearly remember the same things being said about Cataclysm...
    So far its blowing cata out of the water.

    OP: Yes, it's well worth it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  20. #40
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    I think its definitely worth it. I played GW2 and it was boring as all hell. Questing, environments, music are all top notch in MoP. I say go for it!

    meh, personal choice.

    I've given in and tried MoP.....it feels so archaic..mob tagging, shared quest items, fixed roles, no dodging or ability to avoid stuffs, moves are hardtargeted.....It just feels so slow and static.

    thats said, its a damm sight better than cataclysm and will probably be worth playing for a month. Not sure how much longer after that though as it has to justify a sub fee to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •