Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    2. The old talent system was pointless because EVERYBODY chose the same

    The same happens now basically.. sure there is one talent you can change... but let's br honest... every pec has it's MUST talents... jsut a few tiers for pvp you can pick one or another... and even there you gotta pick one for each situation, not like all are fine.

  2. #42
    Why don't you try the expansion before you bash it, OP? It sounds to me you just read things about it and made opinions based on what you read. There are a lot of changes you will notice if you actually play through the quests and dungeons.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Why don't you try the expansion before you bash it, OP? It sounds to me you just read things about it and made opinions based on what you read. There are a lot of changes if you actually play through the quests and dungeons.
    You should read the title before posting mite help you in the future. Notice the word "Opinion"
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You should read the title before posting mite help you in the future. Notice the word "Opinion"
    Yes, I know what "opinion" means. They are making the opinions off what they read, and not what they experienced which is a concern for me.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Yes, I know what "opinion" means. They are making the opinions off what they read, and not what they experienced which is a concern for me.
    Well my good skelli sir, I based my opinion on not playing this game because I do not like the theme of this game and I'm incredibly bored with the gameplay of wow (please be so kind as to remind me why I hate warcraft).
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

  6. #46
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,976
    So far, mists of pandaria has been a joy to play compared to what they convinced us cata would be line.

    Your post is just a pointless whine against a well thought out expansion, and your raging at it because it doesn't appeal to your rigid standards. Sorry, but nobody agrees with you.

    Just do what people are telling you to do, quit, if you hate it as much as you complain about then just quit and stop making such posts. Because it just seems like your looking for validation for your dislikes.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    the heroics are extremely underwhelming. why make content that does not last?
    and gear is a major part of MMOs so dont come to me with that challenge mode BS
    because cata happened

    they weren't faceroll in cata and blizz lost 900,000 subs the first 90 days of the expansion. that's 10,000 per day who quit and the most cited reason was that it was too hard

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Yes, I know what "opinion" means. They are making the opinions off what they read, and not what they experienced which is a concern for me.
    I think the person who replyed to you said it best but here i go. Lots of people can make a good choice just watching a video or reading about it.

    Once more its a Opinion.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So far, mists of pandaria has been a joy to play compared to what they convinced us cata would be line.

    Your post is just a pointless whine against a well thought out expansion, and your raging at it because it doesn't appeal to your rigid standards. Sorry, but nobody agrees with you.
    Facts are indisputable my good sir.

    Opinions do not create a complete consensus.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So far, mists of pandaria has been a joy to play compared to what they convinced us cata would be line.

    Your post is just a pointless whine against a well thought out expansion, and your raging at it because it doesn't appeal to your rigid standards. Sorry, but nobody agrees with you.
    Some people have agreed with him in this thread and even on this site. its called a Opinion don't like it don't read it but don't blindly defend something just cause someone disagree's with you.

    just cause you like it dose not make his "Opinion" wrong.


    it would help if people read the title but i think most are replying to it to get there post count up.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  11. #51
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,926
    I think they've been very innovate with the warrior class. Everything is great except for some minor things like Slam still feeling out of place, Piercing Howl not being basic and many Major Glyphs being mandatory. The talents could as for almost all classes use some tuning, even if they're better than the old ones. For example Enraged regeneration should be basic and the talent should just make the cooldown shorter and the ability 50% stronger(non talented 2 min CD 20% heal total, talented 1 min cd 30% heal total).

    I believe the story is very good so I can't agree with you there. The Sha of Doubt in game video was very epic imo.
    Even as cool as new character models would be... cmon lol. I'd have 1 big polygon if the gameplay and story was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  12. #52
    Brewmaster Klasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N.C
    Posts
    1,458
    -The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.
    I will let this slide because you have 'Opinion' in your title. I do not agree with this post, and I dont aggree with anyone reviewing an expansion that hasnt released its raids yet.

    As far as questing goes in this xpac it is at the top of the list. It isnt linear and you can get to 90 in many different ways. The first questing experience is probably TBC. It was fun, but it was fun maybe once or twice. Vanilla I wont judge because I havent been around since then.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 08:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So far, mists of pandaria has been a joy to play compared to what they convinced us cata would be line.

    Your post is just a pointless whine against a well thought out expansion, and your raging at it because it doesn't appeal to your rigid standards. Sorry, but nobody agrees with you.

    Just do what people are telling you to do, quit, if you hate it as much as you complain about then just quit and stop making such posts. Because it just seems like your looking for validation for your dislikes.
    He will complain even if he quit just like many do on this forum. He might as well keep playing so the game that we love to play gets his 15 dollars a month anyway

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think the person who replyed to you said it best but here i go. Lots of people can make a good choice just watching a video or reading about it.

    Once more its a Opinion.
    Oh I know, but I wasn't saying he was wrong for having an opinion. I was saying he should try the game before he talks negatively about it. I, too, had those feelings before I played it, but that quickly changed as soon as I dived into the content. You have to really play it to understand why Blizzard took Warcraft in this direction.

  14. #54
    Expansion is exactly what I expected from it, I find it to be quite awesome and I'm enjoying it.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Oh I know, but I wasn't saying he was wrong for having an opinion. I was saying he should try the game before he talks negatively about it. I, too, had those feelings before I played it, but that quickly changed as soon as I dived into the content. You have to really play it to understand why Blizzard took Warcraft in this direction.
    For me personally i can over look pet battles and panda's because i love raiding. so if i ever did decide to get MOP it would have to have a free 30day's with it. Even tho its my own personal choice i pay for wow with the 60day time cards *they stoped 30day a long time ago* so for me to get MOP it would cost 70$ and i feel it isn't worth it.
    On a small bugget so that dose not help anything ether.

    but that's my Opinion on that.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  16. #56
    In your first paragraph, you start off by saying that you've always been just fine with the game, having fun no matter what, but that suddenly MoP is a 'big pile of crap' that presumably prevents you from having said fun. So I have you ask you a simple question: How? What changed? You go on to say nothing is different, when technically everything is different:

    There's a new talent system. There's a new(ish) spellbook. Glyphs were changed up. There's a brand new class. There's a brand new pet battling system. There's challenge mode dungeons for the hardcore difficulty seekers who want totally unique, class specific gear. There's the new scenarios that, while not perfect, are a brand new method of storytelling within the game. They added account wide achievements, mounts, titles, and will likely figure out something with the tabard situation sooner or later.

    What more specifically do you want? Whether you hate or love 'what WoW has become' it's absurd and bordering on offensive to say that they 'haven't put any effort into it' - clearly, for better or for worse, they have. If you're tired of WoW, then just leave, but don't blame the game.

    You say that the talent system is 'basic'. Compared to what? Passive 10% damage increases? Cookie-cutter, baseline talents that you were lambasted for not taking? Please, suggest your complex alternative to what we have now, and keep in mind that I DON'T think the current iteration is 'amazing', but I DO think it's a step in the right direction to what I'd really like to see - true choice regarding what your character can actually DO.

    You say that the story is not 'epic in the slightest', and I have to disagree. Personally, the Horde vs Alliance conflict doesn't interest me, but I'd be a fool to deny that the idea of the world's two largest powers with a long history of violence, fighting a gritty and intense war that threatens to destabilize the harmony of the planet is pretty god damned 'epic'. I know you want something like the Burning Legion to return, or Azshara to rise from the depths, and I agree with you, but come on man, you sound like you're choosing to ignore what's happening around you because you have 'Panda-vision' on.

    You say Garrosh 'was awesome' and that you 'loved how they developed him'. I guess I can't really argue with that as an opinion, but I certainly don't agree to it as an objective fact. Most of his 'developing' takes place outside of the game, and we're expected to find sympathy for his bloodthirsty, warmongering actions when he displays nothing but them in game.

    You say that character graphics are 'old', and I agree. Unfortunately, you go on to criticize Blizzard for 'making excuses' when you don't seem to have any clue as to what is required to make these models. It's an entire process, not just 'draw shit, hotfix'. Armor models need to be updated, else people like yourself would bitch about how stupid your character looks when you wind up with a ridiculously sized helm, or a sword that sheaths on your forehead.

    All of this also has to occur while literally everything else is being developed, from content patches to entire future expansions. It's on their list of things, and hopefully coming soon, but it's not as simple as 'Do it now, you have the money'. Doesn't work that way.

    You say that they marketed this expansion for children, and I think this is where I'm losing respect for your point of view. This is asinine, and demonstrably false. You compare it to Bambi, and yes that did have mature themes yet remained mostly a kids movie. Do you know what it didn't have, though? For starters, it wasn't an interactive video game full of quests where you slaughter creatures and humanoids left and right, skin and dismember their corpses, and all manner of other grizzly things. It also didn't have evil monstrosities born from the turmoil that is engulfing the world, and which are themselves capable of corrupting everything around them. Bambi had a fucking small forest fire, it's not a fair comparison.

    You say that Ogres would have made a better race, and I kind of agree, in that I prefer Ogres to the Pandaren. However, this expansion is not about Ogres, and no expansion probably ever will be. If you disagree, explain why.

    If you're this upset with the game, it can only mean one of two things: You actually like the changes, but are too embarrassed to admit you were wrong in the past (somehow I doubt this is a sudden epiphany), and are thus fighting against your own feelings, OR you really do despise 'what WoW has become', which is fine, in which case I don't know why you don't just LEAVE. I used to have similar strong, negative feelings until I wisened up and realized I was acting like an ass, but I sure as hell wasn't playing while I thought them.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2012-09-29 at 12:17 AM.

  17. #57
    don't forget farmville XD( which by the way is one of my favorite features)

  18. #58
    My gripes are:

    1. Leveling is extremely boring. The zones don't have hardly any Horde vs Alliance (so far, I'm not maxed yet) which is supposed to be the main point of interest of the expansion. Valley of the Four Winds felt more like Farmville than Warcraft. It pretty much killed my leveling momentum. The lighter theme of this expansion just isn't for me. I like the dark, gloomy aura that Outland or Northrend give, not this. Maybe it was on purpose to make Pandaria, the southern continent, to be a "polar" opposite from Northrend, the northern continent.

    2. PvP, as always, doesn't look to have a bright future. While I absolutely love CRZ and the world PvP it brought back, the two new BGs look pretty lackluster. As someone who, after leveling, only cares about PvP, it's pretty disappointing and depressing to realize that this is all the new content I'll get for another two years. That brings the total BG tally up to ten, and I only really enjoy four of them. And two of those few precious good ones (WSG and TP) make me want to blow up Blizzard HQ every time I "lose" what should've been a tie.

    3. The new features, while I don't mind them, don't really do much for me. I'll never do pet battles, and I'll never have a panda. I'll probably never have a monk either, for no other reason than I hate leveling and gag at the thought of starting yet another character from scratch. It looks like a lot of the future content seems to be built around dailies, which is even worse than questing. CRZ is great, BG blacklist is nice, and I actually love the new talent and ability system, but those things just aren't enough on their own.

    4. Class balance, for my purposes, just gets worse and worse each expansion. Granted, I haven't gotten to do max level PvP yet, but if the pre-expansion patch was any indicator, healers will be even more OP than they were in Cata. I'm tired of it coming down to healers to determine who wins. It didn't use to be that way. I don't care that some classes counter others. That's the nature of an MMO, and pretty unavoidable without homogenizing them completely. But healing as a whole needs to be toned way down, and the numbers for some classes just aren't justifiable.

    5. My brothers and friends just won't quit and play something else, no matter how much worse the game gets (for us; I know some love the direction) so I'm stuck playing it too. Gaming isn't fun to do by yourself. I've wanted to quit for quite some time, not just WoW, but MMOs altogether. Maybe I should give Guild Wars a try, on paper it removes every element of MMOs that I hate. Unfortunately, it also removes my very favorite element (faction vs faction.)

  19. #59
    Brewmaster Klasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    N.C
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    In your first paragraph, you start off by saying that you've always been just fine with the game, having fun no matter what, but that suddenly MoP is a 'big pile of crap' that presumably prevents you from having said fun. So I have you ask you a simple question: How? What changed? You go on to say nothing is different, when technically everything is different:

    There's a new talent system. There's a new(ish) spellbook. Glyphs were changed up. There's a brand new class. There's a brand new pet battling system. There's challenge mode dungeons for the hardcore difficulty seekers who want totally unique, class specific gear. There's the new scenarios that, while not perfect, are a brand new method of storytelling within the game. They added account wide achievements, mounts, titles, and will likely figure out something with the tabard situation sooner or later.

    What more specifically do you want? Whether you hate or love 'what WoW has become' it's absurd and bordering on offensive to say that they 'haven't put any effort into it' - clearly, for better or for worse, they have. If you're tired of WoW, then just leave, but don't blame the game.

    You say that the talent system is 'basic'. Compared to what? Passive 10% damage increases? Cookie-cutter, baseline talents that you were lambasted for not taking? Please, suggest your complex alternative to what we have now, and keep in mind that I DON'T think the current iteration is 'amazing', but I DO think it's a step in the right direction to what I'd really like to see - true choice regarding what your character can actually DO.

    You say that the story is not 'epic in the slightest', and I have to disagree. Personally, the Horde vs Alliance conflict doesn't interest me, but I'd be a fool to deny that the idea of the world's two largest powers with a long history of violence, fighting a gritty and intense war that threatens to destabilize the harmony of the planet is pretty god damned 'epic'. I know you want something like the Burning Legion to return, or Azshara to rise from the depths, and I agree with you, but come on man, you sound like you're choosing to ignore what's happening around you because you have 'Panda-vision' on.

    You say Garrosh 'was awesome' and that you 'loved how they developed him'. I guess I can't really argue with that as an opinion, but I certainly don't agree to it as an objective fact. Most of his 'developing' takes place outside of the game, and we're expected to find sympathy for his bloodthirsty, warmongering actions when he displays nothing but them in game.

    You say that character graphics are 'old', and I agree. Unfortunately, you go on to criticize Blizzard for 'making excuses' when you don't seem to have any clue as to what is required to make these models. It's an entire process, not just 'draw shit, hotfix'. Armor models need to be updated, else people like yourself would bitch about how stupid your character looks when you wind up with a ridiculously sized helm, or a sword that sheaths on your forehead.

    All of this also has to occur while literally everything else is being developed, from content patches to entire future expansions. It's on their list of things, and hopefully coming soon, but it's not as simple as 'Do it now, you have the money'. Doesn't work that way.

    You say that they marketed this expansion for children, and I think this is where I'm losing respect for your point of view. This is asinine, and demonstrably false. You compare it to Bambi, and yes that did have mature themes yet remained mostly a kids movie. Do you know what it didn't have, though? For starters, it wasn't an interactive video game full of quests where you slaughter creatures and humanoids left and right, skin and dismember their corpses, and all manner of other grizzly things. It also didn't have evil monstrosities born from the turmoil that is engulfing the world, and which are themselves capable of corrupting everything around them. Bambi had a fucking small forest fire, it's not a fair comparison.

    You say that Ogres would have made a better race, and I kind of agree, in that I prefer Ogres to the Pandaren. However, this expansion is not about Ogres, and no expansion probably ever will be. If you disagree, explain why.

    If you're this upset with the game, it can only mean one of two things: You actually like the changes, but are too embarrassed to admit you were wrong in the past (somehow I doubt this is a sudden epiphany), and are thus fighting against your own feelings, OR you really do despise 'what WoW has become', which is fine, in which case I don't know why you don't just LEAVE. I used to have similar strong, negative feelings until I wisened up and realized I was acting like an ass, but I sure as hell wasn't playing while I thought them.
    This neeeds to be read. This sums it all up.

  20. #60
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,996
    Anyone who calls pokemon immature is seriously just stupid. Pokemon is an E-sport with complicated stats, and it has a lot of theorycrafting. Yes you can play it as a kid and have fun with it, but it got so much depth. Pet battles is a lot more simplified tho... but it is still something more to do. And lets be honest, the WoW storyline have never been the most mature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    0/10, just stick to GW.
    0/10 - Go fuck yourself
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2012-09-29 at 12:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •