Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    In your first paragraph, you start off by saying that you've always been just fine with the game, having fun no matter what, but that suddenly MoP is a 'big pile of crap' that presumably prevents you from having said fun. So I have you ask you a simple question: How? What changed? You go on to say nothing is different, when technically everything is different:

There's a new talent system. There's a new(ish) spellbook. Glyphs were changed up. There's a brand new class. There's a brand new pet battling system. There's challenge mode dungeons for the hardcore difficulty seekers who want totally unique, class specific gear. There's the new scenarios that, while not perfect, are a brand new method of storytelling within the game. They added account wide achievements, mounts, titles, and will likely figure out something with the tabard situation sooner or later.

What more specifically do you want? Whether you hate or love 'what WoW has become' it's absurd and bordering on offensive to say that they 'haven't put any effort into it' - clearly, for better or for worse, they have. If you're tired of WoW, then just leave, but don't blame the game.

You say that the talent system is 'basic'. Compared to what? Passive 10% damage increases? Cookie-cutter, baseline talents that you were lambasted for not taking? Please, suggest your complex alternative to what we have now, and keep in mind that I DON'T think the current iteration is 'amazing', but I DO think it's a step in the right direction to what I'd really like to see - true choice regarding what your character can actually DO.

You say that the story is not 'epic in the slightest', and I have to disagree. Personally, the Horde vs Alliance conflict doesn't interest me, but I'd be a fool to deny that the idea of the world's two largest powers with a long history of violence, fighting a gritty and intense war that threatens to destabilize the harmony of the planet is pretty god damned 'epic'. I know you want something like the Burning Legion to return, or Azshara to rise from the depths, and I agree with you, but come on man, you sound like you're choosing to ignore what's happening around you because you have 'Panda-vision' on.

You say Garrosh 'was awesome' and that you 'loved how they developed him'. I guess I can't really argue with that as an opinion, but I certainly don't agree to it as an objective fact. Most of his 'developing' takes place outside of the game, and we're expected to find sympathy for his bloodthirsty, warmongering actions when he displays nothing but them in game.

You say that character graphics are 'old', and I agree. Unfortunately, you go on to criticize Blizzard for 'making excuses' when you don't seem to have any clue as to what is required to make these models. It's an entire process, not just 'draw shit, hotfix'. Armor models need to be updated, else people like yourself would bitch about how stupid your character looks when you wind up with a ridiculously sized helm, or a sword that sheaths on your forehead.

All of this also has to occur while literally everything else is being developed, from content patches to entire future expansions. It's on their list of things, and hopefully coming soon, but it's not as simple as 'Do it now, you have the money'. Doesn't work that way.

You say that they marketed this expansion for children, and I think this is where I'm losing respect for your point of view. This is asinine, and demonstrably false. You compare it to Bambi, and yes that did have mature themes yet remained mostly a kids movie. Do you know what it didn't have, though? For starters, it wasn't an interactive video game full of quests where you slaughter creatures and humanoids left and right, skin and dismember their corpses, and all manner of other grizzly things. It also didn't have evil monstrosities born from the turmoil that is engulfing the world, and which are themselves capable of corrupting everything around them. Bambi had a fucking small forest fire, it's not a fair comparison.

You say that Ogres would have made a better race, and I kind of agree, in that I prefer Ogres to the Pandaren. However, this expansion is not about Ogres, and no expansion probably ever will be. If you disagree, explain why.

If you're this upset with the game, it can only mean one of two things: You actually like the changes, but are too embarrassed to admit you were wrong in the past (somehow I doubt this is a sudden epiphany), and are thus fighting against your own feelings, OR you really do despise 'what WoW has become', which is fine, in which case I don't know why you don't just LEAVE. I used to have similar strong, negative feelings until I wisened up and realized I was acting like an ass, but I sure as hell wasn't playing while I thought them.
    I normal skip well of texts...but I read this and it was good.

Deleted
    I haven't had this much fun playing a game for months, and if you don't believe me look at my "losing interest in gaming thread" because this is the first time I am playing with a hell lot of fun! hell I even finish up the questing zones now wich I never did before, the quests are awesome. and with all the new features, mounts, raids and a whole lot more "noobs to pwn" in pvp I don't think it's lacking anything. honestly said I think you're just another one of these persons that thinks this game is childish and try to fake an opinion hoping on other people hating with you. well guess what? no. not going to happen. absolutely not. it's bin said before in this thread and I want you to make this clear to yourself, if you didn't already, cancel. your. sub. if not, just enjoy the game for what it is, cataclysm wasn't my kind of expansion but I played now and then and made some time for other things I'd like to do. I suggest you do the same

-Dwarqon

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    What? Its World of Warcraft. Of course its going to be like all the other expansions. They have already said they are working on the updated character models. Do you want them to rush them so they look like crap?
    They're also working on dance studio, path of the titans and releasing content patches much faster.

Why anyone still buys the PR they spew out is amazing.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    I normal skip well of texts...but I read this and it was good.
    agreed Oo this guy is so right that I am losing words for it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    no, it's not.

It was called Pokemon and the first pet battle game came out in 1998 for the Nintendo game boy.

Pokemon aka battle pets are not new. But maybe other things are idk.
    I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt something before pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like i said just cause you take something from one thing and put it in another dose not make it Innovative.

O Everquest II added a LFG system....its been done that's not Innovative. wow barely even changed it right down to the battles and how they work is the same. Only difference in the battles is u can't use 6 or 7 *w/e the max was* but it plays out just the same. level stops at 25.

Me personally i feel pet battles is a water down version of Pokemon battles just a really bad rip off.

"My Opinion"
    im not saying the idea itself is, im saying putting it in a MMO and balancing it for that is .
    Whats the last Pokemon game made for 10 million people to play against each other, competing over the same pool of wild creatures?

Either way you missed my main point, which was pet battles are only one side feature on top of many added things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    What? Its World of Warcraft. Of course its going to be like all the other expansions. They have already said they are working on the updated character models. Do you want them to rush them so they look like crap?
    tbh i don't give a crap about character models

on topic i suppose your entitled to ur opinion, so far ive seen loads of changes, for 1 as some people have pointed out the talent system has changed alot,certain professions have changed also,

seems im not sure what ur after im afraid....

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Completely revamping an already exsisting pet system into a mini game, and making all other wild ones in the game tameable through battles takes abit more then people are making out to be.
    They didnt just plug in a red cartridge and suddenly pokemon were in WoW. But this by far isnt the only new thing lol.
    What pet battles are is a attempt to derive further use of a system that already exists in the game. You can almost imagine how early MoP discussions went, "What about implementing Path of the Titans?" "No, too expensive. We have to find a way to get more gameplay out of what we already have."

Solution? Pet battles and 'Scenarios' (aka 'More Quests')

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    What pet battles are is a attempt to derive further use of a system that already exists in the game. You can almost imagine how early MoP discussions went, "What about implementing Path of the Titans?" "No, too expensive. We have to find a way to get more gameplay out of what we already have."

I think Pet Battles are a way to give players two things they have been asking for for years, a way to do something with mini-pets beyond just collecting them and something fun to do outside of raids/BGs/grinding faction/creating alts. It is loads of fun and seems to be pretty open to adding more to it as time goes on.

Scenarios are the same. For some times now, most people have just been skipping group quests because it is problematic to find other people on your server who also need to do the same group quest. Scenarios fix that by having a way for people to queue for them and be linked with other players who want to do the same scenario.

Neither are ground breaking or game changing additions, but they are nice improvements that players have been asking for.

what exactly is this "path of the titans"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.
    I try to find this seriously but I just can't. MoP does what previous expansion did right and made it better. The only thing left is age. I've played this game since Jan 06 and I'm a bit tired of it. The Pandaria zones is still the BEST leveling content WoW has EVER offered. But I guess it's easier to talk about how bad it is.

-The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.
    Yup. That's how it is. WoW is built upon old MMO principles. Grind that. Kill those. Farm those. I think MoP has been innovative enough. They are still using the same old essense, making it better with lore, voice acting, scripts and rewards.
    I'm sorry, but if you think MoP questing is the same as BC or WotLK you're simply ignorant. The very basic is the same, you'll have to gather items, talk to X, burn Y buildings, fact remains that MoP is making this better than ever before.

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec
    It's so damn easy to criticize the new talent system for short-sighted muppets. Okay, I'll make it fair. Present two viable specs for each spec using the Cata system.
    The thing is, you can't, because the old system was based upon minmaxing. Old, pointless talents were removed, but Cataclysm kept using the "tree" design where you could either spec "correctly" or not.

In the new system, you can spec correctly (or somewhat incorrectly) for EACH and EVERY boss, or Arena setup there is.
    No matter what spec you come up with, there are situations where this spec would have to be changed to be optimal. More so than can be said about the Cata talent system where people hit 85, talented according to obvious choices, and never respecced again.

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb
    It's true, MoP doesn't have a major villain. Previous expansion have survived thanks to WC3 heroes/villains like Illidan and Arthas. Even though it's hard to do so, MoP have succesfully built up an conflict between the factions that simply cannot be ignored.

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.
    Alright, I could pretend like this is a good point but I simply can't. If you enjoyed the game, character graphics wouldn't even be a point in your thread. I agree that the older races needs an overhaul to meet the standards of goblin/worgen, but that will take a while.

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    I think it seems like they marketed for people who knows what's important. People who know what quality is. Making a point about "childishness" due to pet battles "pokemon" is simply stupid. Pet battles is a meta game. People enjoy it. It has nothing to do with a young audience.

I know that the MoP haters are desperate for a common denominator, but childishness ain't one. Maybe if you could pay enough attention to the quests, you'd notice that Pandaria has a lot more philosophical aspects that fun / bad
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-09-29 at 07:42 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what exactly is this "path of the titans"?
    A feature that was supposed to be one of the core features of Cata, and was one of the key features hyped by Blizzard early on pre-Cata. It was mysteriously scrapped for vague reasons. Personally I think it is a feature that they decided to save for Titan knowing that they could string the current WoW playerbase along for quite a while with subpar content.

Right now I don't have so much negative to say about MoP, but there are a few concerns.

- People. Can go fuck themselves. They are everywhere! And yes, I know it's to be expected when it's a new expansion, but when you're fighting with 4-5 others over the same mobs, that spawn so slowly it's not even funny, the tag wars begin, which brings me to my next point.
    - Melee I feel we've been a little fucked over again. This has been very apparent when lvling, as your throw is nothing compared to a ranged attack, due to the well.. range of the mobs. Also, shit hurts like hell, wherever you are, esp. in dungeons. You have to be constantly on the lookout for whatever might be underneath your feet. I haven't tried the raids on beta, so I can't know what will happen there, I just hope the dungeons and scenarios remain different from the raids with regards to melee and how much work they have to put into their very position, while ranged just stand there and scratch their asses.
    - Bugged quests. Yes, there's bound to be some, I suppose, but it's very sad when your lvling progression is being halted by stupid quests.

It might not seem like the biggest issues, but I just can't stay calm when some stupid hunter or mage gets a mob right in front of me, when I'm wasting 5 mins on a quest that won't complete or when I'm in a dungeon and don't know for sure if the shit on the ground is lethal or not to stand in.

However, overall, I'm happy with the expansion. I hit 90 about 5 hours ago and while lvling I skipped the lore due to the time pressure I felt I had on me (which I don't have - it's not like I'm gonna raid, sadly). I've been to a few zones, and I like what I see, mostly, though I found myself thinking "am I done with this shit soon?! Jesus fucking christ"

Apart from the abominations you can create when making an orc or a human, I'm happy with the graphics, I think it's pretty, and want it to stay the way it is (actually, some of the mop zones are little too .. bright for my comfort, but I'll live). Graphically I found swtor to be so fucking ugly, while others praised and trashtalked wow's shity and outdated graphics. Those people need glasses
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Graphically I found swtor to be so fucking ugly, while others praised and trashtalked wow's shity and outdated graphics. Those people need glasses
    I loved how you used this topic to bash SWTOR and the people who play it.

When no one even said anything about SWTOR.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-29 at 02:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wow is barely even a shell of what it used to be. It's not its "age" either. That excuse is fucking laughable. Actiblizzard ruined the game, and its pretty obvious if you played long enough to see the digression.

off topic:
    Where did they get the idea that a cut scene (made with shitty in-game graphics) every other quest is an "epic" adventure and fun gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    ...its pretty obvious if you played long enough to see the digression.
    It might help your case to actually list some examples that people can discuss, as not everyone thinks the same way you do and may not know what you're referring to, or (as you said) may not have been playing long enough. Wait, then how would it be relevant to them anyway?

You did bring up scenarios, though, referring to them as "cut scenes with shitty in-game graphics". I suppose that's a fair point. Hm. The last time I saw something like what you describe was in Silverpine, as I rode to the Sepulcher accompanied by... ugh, some NPC, slipped my mind. Oh yeah, this person.

She seemed important, anywho, as we rode the camera merely panned around slowly (nothing too fancy) as she explained the history of the Forsaken, and touched upon the current situation in the region. It was fully voice acted (strange they would do that for some nameless broad), and really made me feel apart of the storyline of the zone, and get into my character a bit more than I already was. Just wish I knew who she was...

In all seriousness, this cinematic wasn't "epic" in the sense that it was some grand scale, mind-blowing experience, but it's still one of my favorite in-game moments because it relayed story information to me in a way that I had only ever known through reading dull, emotionless quest text. It also got you up close and personal with a faction leader, and major lore character, who stays with you* for most of the remainder of the zone.

Maybe it's just a perspective thing, but I can't see any of it in a negative light. Not every cinematic has to be the Wrath Gate, and it would be unreasonable to ask for such.

*= I should have said 'stays within general quest hub proximity', rather. But still.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2012-09-29 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I am the exact opposite. I say screw the big bad guy at the end. Let's explore and learn about this new land.

Also as others have noted EXPANSION. Not World of Warcraft 2.
    Agreed, MoP is the best expansion since TBC so far. I'm loving it.

Also: It's "I'm Disappointed" and not "I'm Disappoint", let's write the correct way next time.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

15+ Year Old Account
    A feature that was supposed to be one of the core features of Cata, and was one of the key features hyped by Blizzard early on pre-Cata. It was mysteriously scrapped for vague reasons. Personally I think it is a feature that they decided to save for Titan knowing that they could string the current WoW playerbase along for quite a while with subpar content.
    It wasn't vague at all. It was because the ideas overlapped with what they were doing with Archaeology and the Glyph system.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I am the exact opposite. I say screw the big bad guy at the end. Let's explore and learn about this new land.

Also as others have noted EXPANSION. Not World of Warcraft 2.
    I agree, I don't understand how people thought this expansion was going to bring a brand new game... lol

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    It wasn't vague at all. It was because the ideas overlapped with what they were doing with Archaeology and the Glyph system.
    It's exactly this, it's always funny to watch people read between the lines and make conspiracy-style theories though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    That wasn't it either. If memory serves they scrapped it because it felt to grindy and it was another thing that people would feel obligated to do.