Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Yes, kids are literally unable to play World of Warcraft unless there are pet battles. Think really hard about that.
    And it's just kids playing them. Totally. Not the adults who played pokemon when they were kids years ago.

So much fucking facepalm on these forums, seriously.

I must admit I kinda feel the same, I purchased MoP after a 9 month break from WoW and really cannot get into it... So far all I've managed was leveling my dk from 85 to 86 and a half and tanking a single instance. I keep saying to myself 'When I get home from work I'll play WoW for an hour or so'. I get in, fire up the PC and the GW2 icon is just far more tempting. So I say to myself, 'Ok play GW2 for a bit and then some WoW', 5 hours pass and I'm still playing GW2... I at least want to level to 90 but damn its hard finding the motivation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am honestly sick to the back teeth of it. The boring dailies which you have to do (im sorry but you do), and it does not help that my computer cant shake of the 2-3 fps im getting in 25man raids since the expansion has came out. I said at the end of DS i will give it a chance since the rot that set in was down to the dire cataclysm expansion but now im just bored to death of it.

My routine when i log on is to do an age worth of extremely tedious dailies, then.....well....log out unless we have a raid. I honestly cant be arsed flying around hoping to tag Sha and PVP i gave up on. The new dungeons i dont ever want to see again and the challenge modes do not appeal to me as its just difficulty tweaked same old shit.

Im only speaking for myself here and DO NOT in anyway want to influence people, but after 6 years the game offers me nothing anymore. I will have a word with my GM later and hopefully he can twist my arm, but im not holding my breath.

Deleted
    Tried GW2 and got bored really quickly. I have not run it for weeks.

Worst "MoP sucks" thread.

Never saw a comment like this: "For this situation, it could be better choose talent 1 than talent 2" or "Here you can use whatever you want, what pleases you" in previous expansions for the talent trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I am honestly sick to the back teeth of it. The boring dailies which you have to do (im sorry but you do), and it does not help that my computer cant shake of the 2-3 fps im getting in 25man raids since the expansion has came out. I said at the end of DS i will give it a chance since the rot that set in was down to the dire cataclysm expansion but now im just bored to death of it.

My routine when i log on is to do an age worth of extremely tedious dailies, then.....well....log out unless we have a raid. I honestly cant be arsed flying around hoping to tag Sha and PVP i gave up on. The new dungeons i dont ever want to see again and the challenge modes do not appeal to me as its just difficulty tweaked same old shit.

Im only speaking for myself here and DO NOT in anyway want to influence people, but after 6 years the game offers me nothing anymore. I will have a word with my GM later and hopefully he can twist my arm, but im not holding my breath.
    So you steamrolled content aggressively to be fully geared for raiding in 2 weeks and feel you have nothing to do? I'm not entirely surprised.

However, that said, may I inquire if you gave up on dailies what method you used for gearing for raid? I've been saying the JP and VP gear isn't necessary and was wondering if you geared through heroics to be raid ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    What? Its World of Warcraft. Of course its going to be like all the other expansions. They have already said they are working on the updated character models. Do you want them to rush them so they look like crap?

No but since theyve been saying its on their to do list since TBC I think we should expect SOMETHING. Shit id be happy if theyd let us use other in game NPC Faction models for our races that are similar. Such as Dark Iron and Wildhammer for dwarves. Or Fel (Red) or Dragonmaw(Black) orcs for example. Lepers for gnomes etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    -The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.
    Challenge modes, pet battles, scenarios, rare hunting and their vanity items, hidden BoA weapons. Mining used to be a chore, now its an adventure :P

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec
    I do somewhat agree with you on this one. I always enjoyed trying out different combinations of specs (especially since i played a hybrid class), and i kind of miss this. But in the end, i always had to spec back to the old xx/xx/xx otherwise i wouldnt be a viable tank. Now i can instead change my spec depending on the dungeon/group/boss/trash/achievemen etc etc. while the option to play around is now at a minimum, the amount of viable specs vastly increased.

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb
    While the story may be less epic, it is a more logical and realistic one. Instead of chilling for a few months in stormwind/orgrimmar until suddenly a new form of evil arrives, we actually go to war. It's less in your face, but the whole expansion is a lot more story driven than the previous ones.

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.
    Trust me, the art designers are sick and tired of working with the old character models too, but it's going to take quite some time until they've updated every single one of them.

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    Now you are just being a butthurt 12 year old forum troll. Pet battles were added to give players something to do while idling in their main city. Ogres as a horde race makes no sense at all, theyre too dumb to fulfill the role of any class. Instead we were given Pandaren, a neutral race which you help to get them on your side to fight for you in a major war. Makes a bit more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So you steamrolled content aggressively to be fully geared for raiding in 2 weeks and feel you have nothing to do? I'm not entirely surprised.

However, that said, may I inquire if you gave up on dailies what method you used for gearing for raid? I've been saying the JP and VP gear isn't necessary and was wondering if you geared through heroics to be raid ready.
    Yes i admit i steamrolled through it due to the guild wanting to get off to the best start possible, and i cant say for sure if that at all would have altered how i feel. I geared myself through HC's and got a couple of things from eng/BS, but dont think i leveled in dungeons, the mass amount of my xp came from questing.

Im not saying the game isnt good, im just saying i think its time i moved on to another game because i dont enjoy it anywhere near how i did 2/3 years ago. In a nut shell i dont find it fun from my own personal preference.
    Last edited by Tart; 2012-10-11 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling

-The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.
    No matter what you play you will never get away from the core of what an MMO is. Quests and levels. Some have PvP, some don't. Trying to innovate an MMO now is like trying to innovate the wheel. You might add a different tread style, but the damn thing is still round.

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec
    I like the new talent system. It leaves a lot up to the player on how they want to tailor their extra abilities. The previous talent systems, assuming you actually wanted to be effective and not a special snowflake, were all cut and paste from EJ (or where ever you got your builds from).

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb
    I'm 87 now. I'm finding the story quite intriguing. Nothing really tied into Garrosh yet (although we know he's the bad guy at the end of the expansion), just a new land troubled by something the Alliance vs Horde war has dumped on them. I kinda liked how gruff Garrosh is/was. It'll be interesting to see how the story plays out.

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.
    Check out EQ2, Vanguard, Rift, GW2 or hell, even Photoshop if you want to look at yourself all day. I think the challenge mode armors are very well done as are most of the new armors. The graphics could use some slight updating but they need to keep that WarCraft look and feel. I think that's what I like most about it. Even their CG clips still have that feel to them.

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    There's been quite a few quests so far that I had to read twice because I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me or not. They were some of those, "Did he REALLY just say that?" moments. Some of them have VERY mature themes but you would actually have to read the quest text to see it.

All in all I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm kind of in the air about killing giant evil rabbits (that's kind of silly but it suits the theme of the area). I've played this game a long time (even longer than some of my kids have been around, must have been server downtime, haha) and I'd have to say this is one of my more favorite expansions to date.

I do wish there were more talent options like 6 x 6 instead of 3 x 6.

are you serious with the talent system? in Cata i didnt change even 1 time my talents in 2 years. Now i actualy switch arround and test stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

So because he played a lot for 2 weeks, and is now bored, it is entirely his own fault? I am still enjoying this expansion so far, but if you get bored with a new expansion after playing for 2 weeks there is something wrong with the expansion (If you was still playing and enjoying the game before). And lets be honest, if you don't count the pet-battles, there is really not a lot new in WOW now than before. Dungeon Challenges is often hard to gather a group for, so you can really only do it in the evening where most are on, Pet-battles is a fun little mini-game (I personally enjoy flying around mining more than i enjoy pet-battles. If i wanna play a pokemon-like game i will play the real one). I take around an hour to do all the dailys on Pandaria, and then I basicly got nothing more to do, since i already have full honor gear/heroic gear. Only thing that keeps me going is RBG atm, and some raiding in the future (After LFR hugely disappointed me)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    So because he played a lot for 2 weeks, and is now bored, it is entirely his own fault? I am still enjoying this expansion so far, but if you get bored with a new expansion after playing for 2 weeks there is something wrong with the expansion (If you was still playing and enjoying the game before). And lets be honest, if you don't count the pet-battles, there is really not a lot new in WOW now than before. Dungeon Challenges is often hard to gather a group for, so you can really only do it in the evening where most are on, Pet-battles is a fun little mini-game (I personally enjoy flying around mining more than i enjoy pet-battles. If i wanna play a pokemon-like game i will play the real one). I take around an hour to do all the dailys on Pandaria, and then I basicly got nothing more to do, since i already have full honor gear/heroic gear. Only thing that keeps me going is RBG atm, and some raiding in the future (After LFR hugely disappointed me)
    Same with me, im suited and booted to raid so theres nothing for me to do....but raid. I really wish i could get back into PVP but just cant seem to pull myself to log onto the game nevermind hit random bg. If im honest and im speaking for myself here, its the same old shit but a different zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.
    And I think its pathetic that millions of people pay up hundreds of dollars just to see a bunch of men bouncing a rubber ball through a metal hoop (Read:Basketball) yet a lot of people like it. Learn to respect the preferences of others will ya?

o_O so......... I'm guessing that the scenarios, pet battles, new class, new race, new continent, a story that actually doesn't suck, cross-realm zones (yuck), Challenge Modes, real ID grouping, none of these are new features right? Your opinion stinks if you're gonna go all "selective obliviousness" on us (AKA: Only see what you want to see, and ignore the rest)

While I can say I liked the old (read: Pre-cata) talent system more, this new system is MILES better than what cataclysm gave us. That was the real lego-block spec, there was absolutely no room for customization at all on anything. At least this new one has situational skills that you can swap on the fly to suit your needs. That's pretty damn good, and a hell of a lot better than the shit cataclyms gave us.

Please, the "fight against the ancient dragon" is a joke, Deathwing has got to be the WORST villain ever added to wow. I felt pretty bad at how they portrayed the lich king on WOTLK (As a boring flat character that never made good on his threats) but D-wing got the worst of it, as he spent the entire expansion flying around, doing nothing, not even in the books, then suddenly attacks wyrmrest temple "because he must!".

TBC didn't had us "fighting a demon hunter" as Illidan not only wasn't written into the story at all (Except a little bit on shadowmoon) but we kill him just as the expansion is starting, and the rest of the story is just us vs the Legion. If anything Kael'thas had more of a far reaching grasp on the story (with his actions leaving effects on shadowmoon, hellfire peninsula, netherstorm, silvermoon, and quel'danas) than Illidan ever would.

So yeah before biting the new expansion just for being new, maybe you outta look back and see that the glory days weren't as glorious as you may think. This is warcraft, expect the writing to be sub-par on the grand scale, as long as the short-scale stories are good, you should be happy, and that's the beuty of MoP, the short stories on each zone are amazingly well done.

Its not a matter of cash, its a matter of time, they already said they're working on the new models, personally, I'd rather have the expansion now, and the new models at some point in the future, than have to play shittyclysm for another 8 months to have new expac with new models.

And this is where I say bullshit, you haven't played the expansion.

You look at me in the face and tell me that an expansion where you fight hellspawn that come out of your fucking brain and are your own darkness, hatred, violence, doubt, despair, malice, jealousy, anger, and treachery made manifest in solid form is something marketed for children.

Not to mention the big scale war being waged on. Just in the first quest done as alliance, the alliance troops massively execute over 100 orcs unarmed, even as they surrendered. Just on the first quest-chain done as horde, you behead the enemy alliance commander, and incinerate their airbase.

The only zone in pandaria that could be said to be childish is Valley of the Four Winds, where the only enemy are a bunch of bunnies stealing veggies. Yet that's 1 zone out of 8. Where in the other 8 you fight said hellspawn that comes out of your brain, a tribe of savage mongolian-like slavers that burn people alive, a race of insectoid creatures that flay their enemies and wear their skins as trophies, a race of stone giants that once ruled the land and specialize in mind-raping you, and the Zandalari Trolls, who's practices include canibalism, ritualistic sacrifice, voodoo, and witchcraft.

If you, with an honest straight face look at me and say this was marketed to children, I, with an honest straight face will look at you, and say you are out of your damned mind.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    o_O so......... I'm guessing that the scenarios, pet battles, new class, new race, new continent, a story that actually doesn't suck, cross-realm zones (yuck), Challenge Modes, real ID grouping, none of these are new features right? Your opinion stinks if you're gonna go all "selective obliviousness" on us (AKA: Only see what you want to see, and ignore the rest)
    Dont want to piss on your chips mate but apart from the pet battles and the terrible addition to scenarios they already done all this in WOTLK and TBC. Challenge modes are just heroic heroics and real id grouping brings you closer to your friends but doesnt change anything in the game. X realm was just a quick fix to low populated servers and to bring WPVP back which i wish they would revert.

Deleted
    Its shit in pvp tbh.

Im tanking bm hunters dmg in arena until their cds are gone and then my friend one shots the hunters, free ratings. Arena is a fail and its fun to "exploit" it.

And gotta love n64 character models in a gamecube world.

Deleted
    The OP shouldnt be taken seriously and is opinion is far from honest.

Take a look at his past posts and u will know where he is coming from.

denial much? your already getting defensive. But yes having played it SWTOR will put WoW down im sorry but it will =/ resistance is futile just go ahead and cancel your wow account
    You lack credibility OP.

Deleted
    I am not enjoying it very much and if I could get a refund I'd take it in a heartbeat but not for the reasons you give here, for me it's the mindnumbing questing and the world wich could be awesome because it looks great but everything in it is so insignificant, you don't feel it when every quest can be completed with auto attack while reading a book, that or click this click that and done the leveling for me is a royal pain because of this, I hope I manage to get to 90 though to see the heroics and raiding before deciding if I will keep playing.

Hmm, i can't get into it either like OP. The pandas are..meh. I don't care about them, i have no interest. There is nothing on them previously in lore as to why we should care about them. Pokemon, it seems okay. Personally i can't get into the new pandaria lore, its like 'help random faction x against guys you never heard of y'. I do miss the over-arching super villian concept. I like my monk well enough, but the game has gotten a bit too easy and repetitive. Same shit different skins. Same grind as always. Professions - not a single thing new that i have seen (i havent seen everything yet) Everything is just a copy from BC. It's like they are going through the motions and not even trying any more. Every expac is fewer and fewer dungeons, the scenarios are very disappointing...its just the same, year after year. Different skins but very similar. I think the best thing they ever did was the old world reboot, there are so many amazing quests in there, its sad that they nerfed XP so much that you are really penalized by staying to do the whole zone (its now impossible to do a old zone without getting grey quests at the end - at least in my experience)

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Dont want to piss on your chips mate but apart from the pet battles and the terrible addition to scenarios they already done all this in WOTLK and TBC. Challenge modes are just heroic heroics and real id grouping brings you closer to your friends but doesnt change anything in the game. X realm was just a quick fix to low populated servers and to bring WPVP back which i wish they would revert.
    Also agree that xrealm is a seriously bad idea. Lets remove all the grp quests and throw a bunch more people in your path so you are continually camping mobs. That will improve your gameplay experience. No, actually it wont, it just pisses me off