Threat problems or am I bad?

Alright, I've manned pally tank since firelands and I've never had a problem with threat. Now it seems with big mobs in instances I lose aggro, I have all m buffs and most of my gear is current. It just seems that pally tanks this exp are trash, once again it could be me. So anyone else having these issues?

You fail to provide us with your character and assume we know what abilities you are using, based on the information you gave I'd say the problem is you.

they nerfed threat I believe. in 4.2 and 4.3 threat was insanely easy you could auto attack and keep it. tab target and use your hard hitting attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oryxx View Post
    Alright, I've manned pally tank since firelands and I've never had a problem with threat. Now it seems with big mobs in instances I lose aggro, I have all m buffs and most of my gear is current. It just seems that pally tanks this exp are trash, once again it could be me. So anyone else having these issues?
    Though I have yet to run any dungeons after 85 all dungeons I have completed since 5.0.4 have not been overly difficult. I have had some new characters who leave taunt on their pet or some other ret pallies that keep Righteous Fury on as they think that is a buff. Other than that it just isn't as mindless as it was before.

I believe you may want to check your hit/exp as those seem to be a bit more important than they were in Cata...just my 2 cp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need armory and more information such as your rotation and so on so forth. Can't stress how important an armory link is for ANY question related to any problem you may have. It may seem rather unnecessary but the information you can glean from it is remarkable.

All I can say is that you need to be looking at hit/expertise now but other than that, based on the info we have, I would have to conclude it's your fault. If you provide an armory link and someone doesnt help you before I wake up in god knows how many hours then I'll give you a hand but for now I'm going to bed
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Funny how 90% of the tanks starts to blow, when its not longer positble to auto attack tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    There could be a few possible reasons. One, there are pet threat issues in this expansion. Warlock pets, hunters, hell, even searing totem seem to pull aggro randomly. Another reason, certain mobs have a debuff that forces them to switch target to whoever has the highest current health (not many mobs, but I've come across a couple). DPS attacking a target that you aren't focusing on? That's an old one, but usually the most common. Another could be that some dps are simply out gearing you or that the healer is over-doing it on the pull.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely noticed this the other day. My Mists copy has finally turned up but I want to Tank all the HoT Heroics as practice prior to leveling. When I did Hour of Twilight I had some threat problems on the Rogue boss and once to Benedictus with a Rogue in Mists gear. Generally I find its near the start, when I'm trying to get SotR up for the reduced incoming damage. I generally try to stick to Judgement and CS for HP Generation and with a larger pack Avenger's Shield, HotR and Holy Wrath, then but Consecrate down to try to keep them on me.

Also having some issues on my Warrior, but then again my Warrior has terrible weapons (Wrathful Shield xD) and I'm not great as it
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I have been running heroics for a couple of days now and have no problems keeping aggro. I just go through the basic rotation and I'm fine.

Deleted
    Use Holy Prism and you cant physically have threat problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Funny how 90% of the tanks starts to blow, when its not longer positble to auto attack tank.
    Not even WotLK was so faceroll as MoP dungeons/heroics and I doubt he is trying challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Not even WotLK was so faceroll as MoP dungeons/heroics and I doubt he is trying challenge modes.
    Not even an exaggeration. First time running through every MoP heroic has been plain walk to the end and kill. I did enjoy a few bosses, and the mechanics did seem like they could be fun, but most of the time healers could just heal through it because it's not threatening enough.