am I doing it wrong?

Aight guys, I'm still learning about the game so I guess I could use some help.

Right now I’m just exploring the world while doing explore modes with my guild, not much PvP at all.

Therefore I’m using this build: http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/1393-warrior

I guess I’m kind of the “tank” of the group ~ That said, I’ve been focusing on “Knight” gear, Power, Toughness & Precision… right now I’m running around with a Exotic weapon & rare armor….

I’m wondering, is it worth wasting 20g in exotic gear? Should I just keep farming dungeon tokens and buy a set? With set do you advice?
    Also, comments on the build I’m using are always welcome ~

Big thanks!

Depending on the piece, level 80 exotic gear is around 4-11% better than level 80 rare gear. (this was figures from the beta)

Are you using a secondary weapon in that build?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Are you using a secondary weapon in that build?
    Yeah, forgot about it. I'm using a rifle, from what I seen, a ranged weapon is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah, forgot about it. I'm using a rifle, from what I seen, a ranged weapon is a must.
    I wouldn't say a must. I'm playing a Guardian, and was using a mix of Knight and Valkyrie gear, though using pow/vit/tough now. Weapons are Mace/Shield and Hammer. I've ran all the paths of AC, CoF, SE, HotW, TA, and CoE like this, and there is very rarely a situation where I have to resort to range. I hold aggro of most of the mobs, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Aight guys, I'm still learning about the game so I guess I could use some help.

Right now I’m just exploring the world while doing explore modes with my guild, not much PvP at all.

Therefore I’m using this build: http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/1393-warrior

I guess I’m kind of the “tank” of the group ~ That said, I’ve been focusing on “Knight” gear, Power, Toughness & Precision… right now I’m running around with a Exotic weapon & rare armor….

I’m wondering, is it worth wasting 20g in exotic gear? Should I just keep farming dungeon tokens and buy a set? With set do you advice?
    Also, comments on the build I’m using are always welcome ~

Big thanks!
    Mostly no. I wouldn't spend gold on exotic gear, that is something you should craft or obtain through dungeons. What you want to do is figure out the exact play style that will help you or your group get through dungeons better. For example getting rune sets with particular set bonuses to compliment your build or weapons. For my elementalist I pretty much have chill on all MoBs quite a bit due to my sigils, runes and spell setup. This helps a lot in dungeons in terms of survivability of the overall group and melee. I would look toward things like that and try to step away from the Rift/SWTOR/Panda mindset of min/maxing. Min/maxing does not help you one iota in GW2 when compared to synergy of skills/boons/set bonus/field combos.