Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Enhancement Shaman - Yay or Nay .II

So, now that a few people have reached 90 on their mains ( Im still scrubbing around 87 and have been taking it slowly) Im just wondering how you have been finding enhancement in the New Hcs.? How competative is your DPS and how fun are you finding it.?
    Obviously these numbers will be totaly different to raid stats that will start flowing the week after next, but its nice to get an idea.

Also, Anyone else Finding Mop leveling kinda dull.?

I got my Enha/Elem to lvl87 and switched to my warrior - i got bored to tears questing as a shaman.

No idea why, since i am loving the MoP changes to both spec... but i just do not have any incentive to log onto my shaman.

Deleted
    Yay i find mine to be tons of fun :P

Edit: in heroics i find that i can compete with everyone else that got same/better gear than me

I tried out enhancement the other day (I have an agility set in my bank of not too bad quality) and was rather disappointed and switched back to ele rather fast, when you have pressed all your buttons, you are often left waiting another +- 3 seconds before you can use something again, and even after having pressed all my buttons, the mob is still only down to like 60%, I feel like it just can't compete with elemental atm... Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

i just finished all the pandaria dungeon hero acheivments yesterday as enhancement, and i feel like we are quite ok, doing about the same dps as the mage and dk we had as dps, more over them than under, but i was always a little bit better geared, good aoe at times, but not forgiving, if you manage to waste lavalash before you have to wait 8 sec to even consider doing aoe.

Enhancement is doing excellent single target DPS, albeit it being slightly annoying that Ascendance is our only CD that is off the GCD, which means you have to toggle a huge amount of buttons before you can start with your rotation. On AOE it's awesome as well - if the mobs are plenty and have a rather large amount of HP.

When we get into raiding gear and start getting setbonuses I bet that enhancement will be a very, very viable raiding spec.

Big "Yay" from me, with 449 Ilvl equipped atm.

I'm sitting on 461 ilvl / Almost pre-raid BiS gear at the moment, and I either top DPS, or am very close behind BiS fury warriors and Frost mages. It's unfortunate that you spend 3 GCD's at the start of a fight to bring out your FET / Wolves / Stormlash, but thankfully Ascendance is off the GCD so that makes up for it I guess.

tl;dr Enhance is doing very well at the moment
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Seems like enh pve is going well (no surprise for me). What about pvp though? Anyone who's done some pvp on 90 already here who can tell about his/her experiences?
    I expect problems with mobility/mana there, esp against ranged classes, as well as some "meh" aspects like CPT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    I'm sitting on 461 ilvl / Almost pre-raid BiS gear at the moment, and I either top DPS, or am very close behind BiS fury warriors and Frost mages. It's unfortunate that you spend 3 GCD's at the start of a fight to bring out your FET / Wolves / Stormlash, but thankfully Ascendance is off the GCD so that makes up for it I guess.

tl;dr Enhance is doing very well at the moment
    I thought Stormlash was a personal DPS loss?

I've been skipping it in most Dungeon runs where I was top dps by a large margin, only using it when there were other good dps in the group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorthiros View Post
    I tried out enhancement the other day (I have an agility set in my bank of not too bad quality) and was rather disappointed and switched back to ele rather fast, when you have pressed all your buttons, you are often left waiting another +- 3 seconds before you can use something again, and even after having pressed all my buttons, the mob is still only down to like 60%, I feel like it just can't compete with elemental atm... Any thoughts?
    I totally agree about the waiting for around 3 seconds before you can do something again, I leveled as Enhance from 1-88 and finally changed to elemental, and I'm finding it a ton better. It just seems to be doing way more damage than previous plus you're not sitting around waiting to use your next ability, it's already ready with ele. Personal choice, but I found elemental WAY better.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I thought Stormlash was a personal DPS loss?
    Why's that? Doesn't it do enough of a dps gain in those 10 seconds it's up to justify the gcd?
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Seems like enh pve is going well (no surprise for me). What about pvp though? Anyone who's done some pvp on 90 already here who can tell about his/her experiences?
    I expect problems with mobility/mana there, esp against ranged classes, as well as some "meh" aspects like CPT.
    Enhance is now one of the worst specs to have in pvp. Nerfs to mobility killed this spec. Most other melee got buffs to mobility. You will run OOM against a competent caster. Hell even a ret can run circles around you all the while laughing at your poor damage. What's sad is I've been playing several other melee classes and their melee moves do as much damage or more as Lava Lash with no restrictions like high CD, flametongue on offhand, and searing stacks.

Why's that? Doesn't it do enough of a dps gain in those 10 seconds it's up to justify the gcd?
    I heard it doesn't during beta.

Anyways I'm really liking enhc, but I feel like Fire elemental Totem does waaaaaay too much off our damage, and we have to many DPS cooldowns on the GCD.

IMO they should just remove the GCD on totems, I don't see any reason why not.

Deleted
    Pvp meh, pve 120k burst hellye!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Enhance is now one of the worst specs to have in pvp. Nerfs to mobility killed this spec. Most other melee got buffs to mobility. You will run OOM against a competent caster. Hell even a ret can run circles around you all the while laughing at your poor damage. What's sad is I've been playing several other melee classes and their melee moves do as much damage or more as Lava Lash with no restrictions like high CD, flametongue on offhand, and searing stacks.
    So my pvp prediction I had over the course of beta came true. Good thing I didn't repeat my mistake from cata to try it for myself. I am one of those who play both pvp and pve heavily (both with enh), so unless it's good in both, I wont bother resubbing.

It's a shame that with all the stuff they had done during beta to fulfill most of our wishes it is stuff like to high mana costs, removed mobility and weirdly implemented new stuff (CPT) that breaks our necks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my pvp prediction I had over the course of beta came true. Good thing I didn't repeat my mistake from cata to try it for myself. I am one of those who play both pvp and pve heavily (both with enh), so unless it's good in both, I wont bother resubbing.

It's a shame that with all the stuff they had done during beta to fulfill most of our wishes it is stuff like to high mana costs, removed mobility and weirdly implemented new stuff (CPT) that breaks our necks.
    Well the current BGs arent really helpful. I mean, at the moment there is no honor gear available, most of the people do not have resilence gear anyways. I played a few BGs today, and it is not that bad. Our dmg with no cooldowns up is pretty meh, with ascendance its much better. Survivability is not bad either (although it takes its time to get it all up, 1 global for shamanistic, 1 for healing stream/tide, 1 for stone bulwark, 1 for instant heal, you get my point there) and the purge glyph helps a lot against casters with offhealing (mage priest armor). With ghostwolf glyph and frostshock specced our mobility isnt the best, but it is still okay. I guess arena wise speaking, we will group up with a healer and a melee that can babysit us (i can see a fine double melee cleave with disc and ww monk could work, probably). I also like playing around with capacitator totem and totemic projection (pretty nice cc with instant hex + capaticator totem afterwards)

Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    Well the current BGs arent really helpful. I mean, at the moment there is no honor gear available, most of the people do not have resilence gear anyways. I played a few BGs today, and it is not that bad. Our dmg with no cooldowns up is pretty meh, with ascendance its much better. Survivability is not bad either (although it takes its time to get it all up, 1 global for shamanistic, 1 for healing stream/tide, 1 for stone bulwark, 1 for instant heal, you get my point there) and the purge glyph helps a lot against casters with offhealing (mage priest armor). With ghostwolf glyph and frostshock specced our mobility isnt the best, but it is still okay. I guess arena wise speaking, we will group up with a healer and a melee that can babysit us (i can see a fine double melee cleave with disc and ww monk could work, probably). I also like playing around with capacitator totem and totemic projection (pretty nice cc with instant hex + capaticator totem afterwards)
    The problem I'm having with some of this is that I've had people kill my extremely low health totems on several occasions with instant casts or melee abilities. Also as soon as you pop Ascendance you paint a big red flag on yourself to get CC'ed which is what happens to me all the time. Plus you are not really building maelstrom stacks for healing as often because you can't keep on casters and melee classes parry an dodge way too much.

I've spent most of my time since MoP launched leveling and playing all my different classes in bgs and I'm completely dumbfounded by how Enhance was considered ok enough to ship live like this vs what I'm experiencing on my other toons. I finally caved in and went Elemental and it's somewhat better than Enhance.

Heroics were fun as Enhancement, but Challenge modes are absolutely amazing for Shamans in general. The CC we bring. The Cooldowns.. The Capacitor tutams!
    We're gods amongst men!

Loving enhancement atm. We bring decent enough dps to warrant a spot alone, but add in the metric sh!tonne of utility and support our class as a whole brings... raid and group leaders would be silly to overlook us.

Only thing that could be better is having to waste about 4 GCDs just to pop all of our CDs... but hey, at least we have some now ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

My biggest concern is for PvP as well, I just don't want to sink as much time and effort as I have done in the past expansions to play a spec that isn't quite as good as the others unless you put a ton of effort into it. I'd rather put that ton of effort into another class and be much much better. My other choices are warrior, priest and warlock (given up on my rogue, never really had fun in PvE with the class) so I suppose I will have to decide between them.
    RETH