Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I agree that the start of fights is pretty clunky but after popping my potion, engi tinker, beserking then popping wolves, ascendance and fire ele I do some insane burst damage. I usually throw out a lavalash and fire shock after popping my agi cds to get some damage out so its not just 6 gcds wasted on cooldowns in that first part.

I cant find it anywhere else but im sure it is somewhere, in the lvl 60 talent tree are people taking Echo or EM. And does Echo work off of stormstrike and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapstick View Post
    I cant find it anywhere else but im sure it is somewhere, in the lvl 60 talent tree are people taking Echo or EM. And does Echo work off of stormstrike and the like?
    Echo does not work on melee strikes, imbues, shields, totems, pets.

In theory, it could work with Stormstrike/auto hit while ascendenced, since some said they count as spells during that time, but I doubt that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Personaly I am not too fond of Enhancement PvP atm. We have good openings on single targets, but as soon as your wolves are gone or they cc when you pop CDs your basicaly screwed in my opinion (specialy against ranged). I then tried Resto PvP wich of course gave me alot more survivability and is really fun to play. My only concern with this is that I seem to run out of mana quite fast. I think they should buff Mana Tide Totem so that the shaman who uses it gets alot more mana back faster but keep the original stats for surrounding allies. If not we just need a mana boost. (I apologise for getting side-tracked into resto But its fun xD)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are you getting 120k dps in PVE..?..I have 446 gear and I am working my butt off to get 40K.....I was at the top of the charts before 5.0.4 now its brutial. I am using SAA with the the setup outlined a few post ago. I am open to any suggestions/changes yhks

446 > 471 thats a little bit more

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 03:44 PM ----------

btw the shaman pets sucks hard, no dps, bad heal, no commands its a bad joke pls blizz delete this useless skill

Deleted
    I am soon level 89 and so far i belive enhance is better than a long time!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's just me, but I've mained my shaman for close to four years now and, after 5.0 hit, I just don't feel the same about the class anymore. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. The drop off of dps after we pop our cds is rather depressing, pvp just feels meh, none of the talents are really that exciting to be honest, at least in my opinion. The burst is there, but it just feels different, I want to keep it my main because I've loved my shaman for so long, but MoP shamans I'm just not feeling... it's rather depressing. Not to mention, the class feels rather clunky, well enhancement rather, I don't know if it's just me, but it doesn't feel fluid.

Well, concerning talents:
    My take on them is that others to a large part have talents as a means to improve their base abilities (example: warrior tier 1, which focuses on improving charge/mobility), or, if they add new abilities, making it ones that are purely optional and/or very similar in purpose.

Shamans though have talents largely to get stuff they otherwhise lack. So while a warrior will at best lament about what kind of charge improvement he takes, or wether he wants an aoe snare or knockback, an enh shaman is forced to decide between his only real peel and getting a freedom effect back he lost, and needs for mobility/keeping up with others.
    Or having to take UF for the sprint. Some talents are simply mandatory, which kinda makes it cookie cutter again. Some'll say pvp is occasional, so nothing wrong with having cookie cutter there, but I think that's bullshit.
    Other talents are totems (not improving on totems, but totems). As a result, many shamans will pass on SBT in pvp right of the bat, simply because of those still heavy restrictions. Same with HTT or (if you take it) WWT.

IMO talents shouldn't be "required". You should be able to fare well w/o them. You should havbe your base needs taken care of already. Enh has severe baseline lacks, hence requiring some talents, changing it from extra flavor/sugar on top like others have it to hardly-different-from-the-old-talents.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I have to say i like it alot in pvp, we may not be on top of the foodchain, but i'm having a blast wrecking havoc everytime Ascendance is up, without my dmg is not that great, somehow similiar to a ret paladin atm.
    Note: I'm completely pvpgeared (without the weapons ofcourse)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Enhance is now one of the worst specs to have in pvp. Nerfs to mobility killed this spec. Most other melee got buffs to mobility. You will run OOM against a competent caster. Hell even a ret can run circles around you all the while laughing at your poor damage. What's sad is I've been playing several other melee classes and their melee moves do as much damage or more as Lava Lash with no restrictions like high CD, flametongue on offhand, and searing stacks.
    Nah, you just have to approach it differently. It's less about damage and more about the massive team support they now possess. It's all about applying consistent damage, utility, purges, storm heals/healing rain, burst windows with ascendence/stormlash/fire ele, tele-cap stun, slows or freedoms, group healing etc.

Enh shouldn't be seen as a solo damage dealer, but a super support for teams.
    Do not underestimate us.

I'm not to thrilled with Ascendence for enhance, Big deal we go ranged for 15 sec, While it is useful at times its nothing that special, A agility boost thrown in there with it would be nice

Otherwise we seem to be doing ok dps with really good utility to help heal raid, But then again I did not roll enhance to be a healer ( thats why theres a resto spec )

Also seem to have to wait a lot for CD's and I just watch white hits for a bit with nothing to do
    Last edited by meifumado; 2012-10-07 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meifumado View Post
    I'm not to thrilled with Ascendence for enhance, Big deal we go ranged for 15 sec, While it is useful at times its nothing that special, A agility boost thrown in there with it would be nice

Otherwise we seem to be doing ok dps with really good utility to help heal raid, But then again I did not roll enhance to be a healer ( thats why theres a resto spec )

Also seem to have to wait a lot for CD's and I just watch white hits for a bit with nothing to do

You bypass armour and have SS+melee hits affected by our mastery and melee hits will use the special hit cap rather than the white hits one. It's not just ranged dps and it is a big deal.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I thought Stormlash was a personal DPS loss?

I've been skipping it in most Dungeon runs where I was top dps by a large margin, only using it when there were other good dps in the group.
    your DPS may go down slightly but in the right group overall DPS goes up and you are a benefit to the group. Its not just about the one player, always remember that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried both Elemental and Enhancement in both PvP an PvE.
    Elemental is really bad in PvP, barely do any damage, little better in PvE, but not much.
    Enhancement is more fun and better in PvP, i easily bring down most classes, i like my damage in Raids and dungeons and still more fun then Elemental.
    So Enhancement all the way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    You bypass armour and have SS+melee hits affected by our mastery and melee hits will use the special hit cap rather than the white hits one. It's not just ranged dps and it is a big deal.
    Very much this. It is a huge cooldown bro. Most times you can ignore the range concept because you still need to be in melee for your other abilities (for pve). PVP can be used to get the kill at range while bursting or being kited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Haven't played Enhancement much on 90 yet but it feels pretty much the same as it did in Cata, pvp is where the big changes are.

In my opinion questing in Pandaria was a lot more fun than Cataclysm, just feels really slow because they inflated the exp requirements like crazy but I can still enjoy the storylines.

Using 2 piece PVP set for the 20% extra MW proc chance over the 463 HC gear yay or nay?

That 2 piece bonus seems more than worth 10 ilevels (5 from each item).

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Echo does not work on melee strikes, imbues, shields, totems, pets.

In theory, it could work with Stormstrike/auto hit while ascendenced, since some said they count as spells during that time, but I doubt that as well.
    IIRC Echo has an increased proc chance for Enhancement. 30% on all spells (except Elemental Blast) as opposed to 6% for other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    IIRC Echo has an increased proc chance for Enhancement. 30% on all spells (except Elemental Blast) as opposed to 6% for other specs.
    I know that it was done that way for compensating the lack of spells an enh has as opposed to ele/resto. Less proc chances, but higher ones.