Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sen,

When you level in most MMOs, quests lose their XP value as you get higher and higher level. A level 10 quest at level 10 is worth, say, 200xp. If you do the level 10 quest at level 20, you won't get XP because there's no challenge. You outleveled and outgeared the quest.

Mentoring allows you to do low level quests for their full value because your gear, stats and level are altered to (almost) match what was expected of you.

If you right click your portrait at your normal level, there should be 4 option: PvP, Reset Instances, Dungeon Difficulty, Public Group, and Set Ascended Mentor Level. Choosing Set Ascended Mentor Level, you can choose anything from 10 to [your max level - 5]. When you're leveled down, there's a 5th option when you right click: Clear Ascended Mentor Level. That'll pop you back to 19, or 20, or whatever level you are now.

If you can't see Clear Ascended Mentor level, I'm guessing you must be in combat or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Sen,

When you level in most MMOs, quests lose their XP value as you get higher and higher level. A level 10 quest at level 10 is worth, say, 200xp. If you do the level 10 quest at level 20, you won't get XP because there's no challenge. You outleveled and outgeared the quest.

Mentoring allows you to do low level quests for their full value because your gear, stats and level are altered to (almost) match what was expected of you.

If you right click your portrait at your normal level, there should be 4 option: PvP, Reset Instances, Dungeon Difficulty, Public Group, and Set Ascended Mentor Level. Choosing Set Ascended Mentor Level, you can choose anything from 10 to [your max level - 5]. When you're leveled down, there's a 5th option when you right click: Clear Ascended Mentor Level. That'll pop you back to 19, or 20, or whatever level you are now.

If you can't see Clear Ascended Mentor level, I'm guessing you must be in combat or something.
    i'm sure I wasn;t in combat, but let's close this, new question () : planar essences - when Ill place lesser planar essence, can I then remove it or change it to another?

You can replace any essence, but you cannot retrieve the old one. It's consumed when it's replaced. Additionally, you can put lesser essences in greater essence slots, but not greater in lesser.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    You can replace any essence, but you cannot retrieve the old one. It's consumed when it's replaced. Additionally, you can put lesser essences in greater essence slots, but not greater in lesser.
    thanks!

10char

haha your questions were so general and yet people gave you very good, long in-depth replies. Good times await you my friend - when you get to 50 you will find not enough hours in the day to get everything you want to get done in Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    haha your questions were so general and yet people gave you very good, long in-depth replies. Good times await you my friend - when you get to 50 you will find not enough hours in the day to get everything you want to get done in Rift.
    I can't agree with this more. I'm a stay at home dad and I STILL don't get all the things done that I'd like to.