Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    So now that MOP is out, how do you feel about 75/90 talents and overall hunter at 90?

    I feel like the class has gone in the wrong direction and has turned into a whack-a-mole with CDs that do not line up properly for when you need them, coupled with the fact that someone equally geared to me does way better dps (using two different BM opening strats and survival). Not only that DK Tanks are doing probably just as much as us in similar gear single target.

    The level 90 talents are uninteresting and do not really allow for choice. Who is really going to take a 3s cast aimed shot? Barrage is obviously only good for aoe and glaive toss is the absolute must for single target.

    Level 75 talents are obviously skewed. AMOC 60 focus cost doesn't really fit in with survival and the spammy style nature it is now. Lynx rush is obviously only good for BM. Blink Strike is ... okay but nothing special.

    Stampede is pretty meh for all the other specs except BM. Pretty much compared to the other classes our 87 spell is just basically a 5 minute dire beast. You know what would have been cool for 87... actual stampede from warcraft with your pets rushing in and doing massive damage or something. Not this oh hey lets summon all of our pets.

    Been playing hunter since the start of WoW and just kind of sad.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I feel like the class has gone in the wrong direction and has turned into a whack-a-mole with CDs that do not line up properly for when you need them,
    I could'nt agree more. It's like a CD-inferno, where you completely lack the "flow" in gameplay.

  3. #3
    75 tier: too BM related

    90 tier: sucks

  4. #4
    75, I can deal with. Although they do seem BM related
    90, just plain sucks. Its yet another putton to push, and they seem rather out of place. The lvl 90 talents are the ones that I just can't stand. You are pretty much forced into choosing glaive toss, and want to use it when its off of CD, so its just yet another CD to manage. I'd rather have seem a few different choices that could have been more beneficial for all three specs. Something that shortened the CD on stampede, or gave a passive bonus to spec mastery, or something else more interesting then we have.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

  5. #5
    Both tiers ruin our rotations... I don't want to Glaive Toss every 15 seconds. I don't see the point in it. It's stupid that all 3 specs that are supposed to be somewhat unique from each other are forced to use the same talents in their rotations so often. 15 second Glaive Toss, 30 second Dire Beast, and then the level 75 tier...

    If they want to start fixing it, remove the focus cost from A Murder of Crows. There's no point in it. It's useless in PvP with it, and it makes the ramp-up time for all 3 specs just plain aggravating.

  6. #6
    I know everybody says l2p and the wack a mole plan is designed to be 'fun', but I am not fond of it.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    i agree, the hunter rotation just doesnt quite gel together, if you think about survival in t12 it was very tight, near enough perfect though didnt have room for any more shots/cooldowns. Now we have near enough the same rotation with 3 or more shots/abilities that need to be thrown into the tight rotation which turns it into a huge spam fest and whack a mole game, it almost feels like ret pala in wrath
    Last edited by michelf; 2012-09-29 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Lufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Algarve
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by michelf View Post
    i agree, the hunter rotation just doesnt quite gel together, if you think about survival in t12 it was very tight, near enough perfect though didnt have room for any more shots/cooldowns. Now we have near enough the same rotation with 3 or more shots/abilities that need to be thrown into the tight rotation which turns it into a huge spam fest and whack a mole game, it almost feels like ret pala in wrath
    Most of this thread sums it up and this post too. If I chose dire beast it is just another CD every 30's that it's even that good besides single target, if I choose ToTH all I do is spam arcane shots. I can't even comment about the focus cost of a murder of Crows, it is such a nice added ramp up time. Now I know how those who rerolled or complained about their class from one expansion to another feel... the devs made a very good work at turning my favorite class into a shitty CD management game.
    TL; DR: Too many CD's were added, damage was divided, spammy rotation and attacks hit like wet noodles now.
    Last edited by Lufi; 2012-09-30 at 12:48 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    Most of this thread sums it up and this post too. If I chose dire beast it is just another CD every 30's that it's even that good besides single target, if I choose ToTH all I do is spam arcane shots. I can't even comment about the focus cost of a murder of Crows, it is such a nice added ramp up time. Now I know how those who rerolled or complained about their class from one expansion to another feel... the devs made a very good work at turning my favorite class into a shitty CD management game.
    TL; DR: Too many CD's were added, damage was divided, spammy rotation and attacks hit like wet noodles now.
    my hunter has been my main since day 2 of WoW and now im looking at switching to something else because of these issues, when I dps i feel like im running a marathon trying to spam buttons fast enough...

  11. #11
    Are we the only class like this right now? I haven't touched any others yet.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  12. #12
    I like it for BM because I couldn't stand playing it before.
    BM was just spam arcane shot like a retard and cobra, nothing else. (Macro'd KC)
    '
    I would rather have the extra attacks than nothing.
    Playing hunter before lacked enough shit to press, seriously...
    If you don't like the new hunter it's fine, it's the NEW hunter not the old one.
    Last edited by Tobblish; 2012-10-05 at 07:00 PM.
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,665
    It definitely isn't a rhythmic class to play any more, something I loved in MM and recently SV. Even BM used to be fairly rhythmic with a 20 second focus fire, not consuming it before BWs, using it after a KC, etc.

    BM is a whole metric shit ton of CDs. I'm almost thinking of dropping Dire Beast just to have one less button to press, but a TotH BM spec would be exploding with focus with free arcane shots everywhere.

    In SV, definitely get the whack-a-mole feeling, I'm starting to feel I need to worry less about consuming those TotH stacks unless really high (stacks up to 6 as far as I've seen, if anyone has seen more, lemme know) and jsut focus on fitting in glaive toss, AMoC in a timely manner, and hitting CS before SrS falls off (which has been a real problem if you play the TotH whack-a-mole lottery game).

  14. #14
    About Dire Beast, I've been macro'ing it to Arcane Shot, if that helps:P. That's 1 down.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  15. #15
    I actually really like the high-tier talents. I feel like the majority of changes to the hunter has made us more hunter-like. We are supposed to be about pets and ranged damage, and, yes there are a lot of options and buttons, but I feel so much more epic sending out a bunch of dire beasts, and crows, and a plethora of stabled pets all at once. I think Glaive Toss will be a great situational skill as well.

    I will say, though, that my damage is pretty low compared to others, but I'm only level 88 and I'm survival, so who knows. I'll wait to hit 90 and gear up a bit before I make that decision. Ultimately I hope they don't get rid of all the cool pet-oriented skills.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish View Post
    I like it for BM because I couldn't stand playing it before.
    BM was just spam arcane shot like a retard and cobra, nothing else. (Macro'd KC)
    '
    I would rather have the extra attacks than nothing.
    Playing hunter before lacked enough shit to press, seriously...
    If you don't like the new hunter it's fine, it's the NEW hunter not the old one.
    The top BM hunters are still just spamming Arcane for the most part.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,289
    75 tier is okay. I understand that they are all "beast" related abilities, but they all are pretty dull. 90 is utter horrible. Survival's rotation is incredibly annoying as is, and Glaive Toss (although it looks cool) just throws another ability to press every time it's up. Imo, they should get rid of Black Arrow entirely, and just add the L&L proc to Serpent's Sting.

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,665
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    About Dire Beast, I've been macro'ing it to Arcane Shot, if that helps:P. That's 1 down.
    Isn't DB on the GCD? If not...well then.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagera View Post
    The top BM hunters are still just spamming Arcane for the most part.
    You should replace top with noob.
    Edit: And ofc you will cast a lot of Arcane Shots but you can't ignore KC, Glaive or DB to put out best dps.

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Isn't DB on the GCD? If not...well then.
    It's on the GCD.
    Last edited by Tobblish; 2012-10-05 at 08:13 PM.
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

  20. #20
    I'm enjoying it. My DPS isn't perfectly optimal, but I've not been focusing on perfect rotation while doing quests and dailies.

    The arcane shot spam when they're free is too fun for me to pass up and chuckle during dailies. XD

    For the talents, I dunno, I like it so far. I use the crows and generally save stampede towards the end of a fight, but again...it's fairly easy heroics and not raiding yet so it's not like the cool downs are going to be used more than once (outside of readiness) anyway.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •