Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I -personally- wouldn't have been offended. I call everyone in my guild Lovie, from the 15 year old boy to the married men and their wives. It's not a "sexual" thing, and if one of my guildies called me babycakes, I wouldn't have taken offense to it. Some girls are just super touchy. However, if you guys were in disagreement over something, then yeah, I can see how it wouldn have been taken like that. Personally though, na. Some girls just need to get off it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Why be protective at all? What're they gonna do, really? You can always just ignore them and report them and be done with it if they're being a pest.
    I dunno. Maybe the wife has been harassed in the past and this was just the straw that broke the camels back? We don't know. I don't know (and I don't much care). But we've only got the word of the OP, and based on their description of events I find their word to be fairly dubious :P
    It's not something that would bother me or my spouse, but I don't find it completely unreasonable that OP got a whisper asking him to not refer to this person as 'babycakes'. They kept the disagreement private, at least.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I call my dog less tasteful names than that.
    less tasteful? thats very mean to a dog. probably verging on animal abuse.
    did you mean MORE tasteful?

now to the OP.
    Some women find it demeaning or inappropriate. i personally dont like when people call me baby or anything with baby in it. if you called me just about anything else, including "hey slut", i would think of it humorously. it depends on the person.

this person just wants you to stop with her because she doesnt like it. no matter how not sexist anyone else thinks it is... she doesnt appreciate it.

i dont think it is sexist to adress men and women differently. treat them differently, yes. we are all capable of performing the same tasks (within games, work, etc) so no one should be treated like less than another person because of gender. if you want to call a woman "hon" or "sweetie" because they are nice, i dont think its sexist. men and women ARE different, and act differently. therefore, this woman might be much nicer to you than any of your guy friends, therefore a sweetheart. dont call her that because you think women need special attention or treatment.

Nahh you're good.

Deleted
    Its ok, maybe hes jealous

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Overreacting ? Yeah, try hitting on someone's wife IRL and then you'll see what 'overreacting' is...
    Really? Ppl are ofc free to hit on my gf how much they want. Why should that bother me? I trust her, and if she would find someone else so what? I don't own her. I would be sad ofc but it still doesn't change the fact that it's her decision on how she responds to it. If she did anything then there'd the the consequense of me leaving, but that is as I said her call. Same thing goes ofc the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all comes down to the personal relationship between the two people. I wouldn't consider calling one of my female friends babycakes any more sexist than her calling me studmuffin. It's just friendly flirtation.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Not sexist at all, its just a nickname, I cant even see how it can be sexism, it doesnt put her below your gender or anything else, I even call my male friends babycakes somethings just for the lols of it(only close ones ofcourse.)

Not sexist at all, overreaction.